News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

how do you compare the movies to the book

Started by jon weasley, July 30, 2005, 06:07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jon weasley

7  1/2 days till the deathly hallows!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snapes_mistress

Once again , we agree mr weasley.    The books contain so much info and so many funny scenes that there is no time for in the movie...but i still love the movies theyre so maggggical . (stating the obvious i guess hehe)     i cant wait for the 4th one cos i liked the 4th book most so the film should be good
-X-  SEVERUS SNAPE IS MY SEX GOD  -X-

emily824

The books are ten thousand times better than the movies!
Harry Potter and the Signs of the Dark Lord

new chapters are in so read it if you follow the story! ;)

Em

I agree with emily.... The movies are ok, and I do like them I guess, as long as I'm not comparing them to the books that is... But compared the the books I'm sorry, but the movies sort of suck...

LavyBrown

Well du...I mean if they put everything that was in the book into the movie we all be sitting there for hours.
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

jon weasley

well yeah but they could at least put the events in order
example: harry got the fire bolt at christmas and he didn't know  who it was from at that point

Biv Jona Fajor

If i had never read a HP book I'd have called the movies great. But unfortunately i have to say they blow wind

ronweazley122

Quote from: emily824 on July 31, 2005, 10:09:31 AM
The books are ten thousand times better than the movies!
\
There's something we agree on,emmie.
hey, I'm back.If you want to talk to me outside of HPF, my myspace url is www.myspace.com/hawthorne_park_forever Just add me.

You're someone, who knows someone who knows someone I once kne

jon weasley

KeeperGirl

Xaver

I think Ron just likes to kick it old school. lol

i like the books better than the movies. The movies are ok -most movies are- but books are better. A lot less electrocution  :P
"Odi et amo."

Hazy Haven; ST. LUTHOR IS NOW OPEN!
click here

KeeperGirl

Im not uaually a book reader but harry potter books i could sit there for hours and read over and over again but the movies i couldn't i would have to space that out

Ginny Weasly

I finally saw the commercials for the fourth movie and I screamed outloud that "I swear to God I'm not gonna watch that dam movie!" Unfortantly, my parents were in the room, lolz. :-X

yeah, but I'll always like the books better.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

ronweazley122

Quote from: KeeperGirl on October 28, 2005, 09:57:45 PM
R u a power ranger lover?
Quote from: KeeperGirl on November  8, 2005, 10:03:21 AM
Im not uaually a book reader but harry potter books i could sit there for hours and read over and over again but the movies i couldn't i would have to space that out

The old show,yeah.Thats what I watched as a kid.YAY FOR NON-ANIMATED VIOLENCE!

Quote from: Xaver on November  7, 2005, 02:11:16 PM
I think Ron just likes to kick it old school. lol

i like the books better than the movies. The movies are ok -most movies are- but books are better. A lot less electrocution  :P

lol,Yeah. I do like to kick it old school.Thats actually what I was thinking when I added power rangers to my signiture...Anyway..On the subject...I really tend to seperate the books from the movies.(I try anyway,Its hard sometimes...)Actually,I hate to admit it,but the previews don't look that bad.Except when dumbledore is calling harrys name as one of the challengers in the triwizard tournament,He sounds angry."HARRY POTTER?!!!"
hey, I'm back.If you want to talk to me outside of HPF, my myspace url is www.myspace.com/hawthorne_park_forever Just add me.

You're someone, who knows someone who knows someone I once kne

Em

I hate the movies, I don't think they are even ok anymore, they suck... I'm still gone to see GOF next Friday though... but the books are better for sure!