News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

in a sense is dumberdore realy gone

Started by pig, December 21, 2005, 09:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pig

ive been thinking in the end of the six book dumbeldore was with the other potrates in the office after his death   if all the other head masters and mistress can talk and hear and move in out of painting then dumbeldore should be able do so to. so in a sense he isnt realy gone.

JK Rowling had already mentioned something similar because somebody asked her if Harry could talk to Sirius's portrait like talking to the real Sirius. JK said it's impossible (for what reason I forgot :P)

jon weasley

you do make a very good point pig and i agree but they cant think of what they were gonna do before they died so he really cant help can he?????????????????//
7  1/2 days till the deathly hallows!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kojo

I dont think so but i think he isn't gone that what i think!!!!!!!!! :) :

ron2kool

since he was a headmaster he should have a portrait
but when they had the funeral and lit the casket on fire didn't something fly away like he turned into a pheonix or something

that last part maybe part of my imagination but i think i remember reading that something white flew away

jon weasley

I think since his portrait appeared in his office that he is dead

Neo

Well, I personally believe he's gone, but I'll throw something out there to argue the opposite. Dumbledore was one of the greatest wizards ever, couldn't he have put a spell on himself so that when he died he turned into a phoenix and another one so that the portrit would come upeven though he was still alive? And, I'll throw one more out there which is the more evil one. Any chance that Fawkes was a Horcrux for Dumbledore, since at the end he flew away in a phoenix?
"Without a common power to keep them in check, there will be no advancement, and the life of man is poor, solitary, nasty, brutish, and short."~Thomas Hobbes

Kojo

jon weasley

i quite agree neo but also dissagree
(most likely cuz its hard to understand what you say but thats not the point

Neo

What's so hard to understand about what I say?
"Without a common power to keep them in check, there will be no advancement, and the life of man is poor, solitary, nasty, brutish, and short."~Thomas Hobbes

jon weasley

ron2kool

i like your ideas and there isn't anything hard to understand about what you say neo

!!!Of course that could be because i'm blonde!!!

Neo

mamabiscuit

Neo's point is great. The idea that Dumbledore made a Horcrux is really cool but i don't know if Dumbledore was evil enough to kill someone just to make one but he could kinda think it was for the greater good for him to stick around.
J K Rowling IS THE BEST! J K ROWLING IS THE BEST!