News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

why is it?

Started by Kojo, January 3, 2006, 06:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kojo

why is it that when harry looked at the baslitics eyes he did not become petrified? my cousin has been asking this question about 100 times! ;) ;) ;) ;)

pig

because the Phoeaix poked out the Basiltics eyes with meant that when harry looked up he saw eye sockets not eyes, the basilica's eyes are his powere without them his just a normal giant snake hoped i helped answer your question lol  ;D

jon weasley

exactly what pig said
7  1/2 days till the deathly hallows!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fawkes

Looks like the question's answered.. BTW.. wrong forum.
This belongs in the Harry Potter movie section.

jon weasley

nah it sian most of that in the book
7  1/2 days till the deathly hallows!!!!!!!!!!!!

mamabiscuit

GOOD QUESTION GOOD ANSWER
J K Rowling IS THE BEST! J K ROWLING IS THE BEST!

Kojo

OK hanks but my cousin still didnt getit!!!! He says he wants more details!!

darkstar1024

You die when you look directly into the eyes of the basilisk, correct? Ok the pheonix went and poked out the basilisks eyes, so when harry looked at the basilisks there were no eyes to stare into. No eyes... no death... how can harry die if the basilisks no longer had eyes? Hence why the pheonix did that, so harry can live. The other people in the book (or movie cause it seems like that's what your refering to) didn't die because they only saw reflections of the basilisks eyes. So they became petrified. Harry had never seen it's eyes at all cause when he did look at the basilisk there weren't any...

I hope i helped. that was a good question.   ;D

--dominic.

Em

Not trying to be mean or anything, but I think you're cousin needs to read the books... ::) :P

Kojo

Hm i no he says he only wants to watch the movies not read the book he says its too long and he is 16 years!!!!

paavni123

well what i think is that that u r making up na dimaginary cousin who asked these questions...u just dunt want the fact to point out that u dint get it..

Fawkes

Quote from: paavni123 on February 16, 2006, 10:49:03 PM
well what i think is that that u r making up na dimaginary cousin who asked these questions...u just dunt want the fact to point out that u dint get it..

Well.. even if that's true.. it isn't really any of your business :-X :-\