News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Hi people

Started by Axel, January 9, 2006, 09:22:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axel

Hi guys (and girls). My name is Alex, I'm Russian but I live in Cyprus. My English is a bit poor so I apologise if some of my post will have mistakes or will be difficult to understand because of word misspeling.

I like the Harry Potter series. I like last three books, because the story seems to become darker and more serious as Harry progresses through his education.

The story of Lord Voldemort is of particular interest to me. The dark story of his life, his rise, his downfall. I'm so interested in this character that I was almost skipping pages to read another "pensieve googling" session with Dumbledore while I was reading the Half Blood Prince.

I like reading, playing computer games, listening to music.

Sorry If i said something I shouldn't have in this topic because I don't have a clue what this section of the forum is for!  ???

P.S. What do I have to do now?
Vae Victus!

Fawkes

Hello! Welcome to HPFF! I'm Jasmine! I hope you have a great time!
Don't worry you posted the correct post in the correct place. ;)
What should you do now? Go through the forum and look for topics you like and answer them ;)
Simple as that.

-Jasmine

natato

hi . i am new one here too. my name is natia.... welcome ;)

men arent worthy for tears and one who is won't make you cry.

Every day without you is like a book without pages. I love you, I will always do, for the rest of our earthly and heavenly life.

Born to be free...........

BE COOL!

true love doesn't have a happy end...true love never ends

Neo

"Without a common power to keep them in check, there will be no advancement, and the life of man is poor, solitary, nasty, brutish, and short."~Thomas Hobbes

Welcome!

Contrary to what Fawkes said, I seriously hope you don't go digging through the old threads... You see, replying to an old thread moves it in front. When that happens, the order of the threads get badly mixed up, causing confusion... This is a mistake made by even the most expierienced users... Please take note, thank you!

Fawkes

Quote from: 0612 on January 11, 2006, 04:38:47 PM
Contrary to what Fawkes said, I seriously hope you don't go digging through the old threads...
OMG! That is NOT what I said! *is offended* :'( I told him to go through the forum and look for topics he likes (for instance, yes I HAVE to give you an example Zero, He goes to Gryffindor.. doesn't find intresting topic, then he goes to Slytherin.. Aha! An intresting topic.. *posts*) <- That is what I meant!

Whoooops... Sorry... Of course, if I could misunderstand it that way, he might too... Sorrrry...

Fawkes

Quote from: 0612 on January 12, 2006, 03:29:17 PM
Whoooops... Sorry... Of course, if I could misunderstand it that way, he might too... Sorrrry...
Never mind.. It's ok I suppose I should've explained better..

Axel

Well, I've already diiged up an old thred... :-\
Sorry!
But now I've finally understood about old topics and old threads, it's just the first time I've encountered a forum where old topics are not deleted. A bit unusual  :)
Vae Victus!

Em

...unusual?... Out of all of the forums I have been to, which trust me, is a lot, none of them deleted old topics...  ::)

*whacks that eye-roll smiley* I, on the other hand, find the delete of old threads absolutely nessacary... That's the only way to prevent those idiots I mean, some people, from digging them up!

>> Well, I've already diiged up an old thred...  Sorry!
That's ok. After all you didn't know... Just don't do it again ;)

Fawkes

I say we should make a section to archive the old topics.. At least some of them.. And of course that section should be un-postable in ;D

Neo

I agree Fawkes, that would be much better.
"Without a common power to keep them in check, there will be no advancement, and the life of man is poor, solitary, nasty, brutish, and short."~Thomas Hobbes

Axel

I've been to a lot of forums, and all of them deleted or at least locked old topics. It's reasonable. What is the point of ten pages of year-old topics, which nobody reads? And if a n00b posts in them, everybody... er... "flies of the handle"  ;D.
Vae Victus!

Fawkes

I think something should be done about the old topics.. it's just that Admin seems to be busy.. and we've got limted Mod er..powers.. :-X

So what do we do? PM admin (i'm sure he doesn't have time though) or just dream on? :P