News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

RAB

Started by Robert D, October 27, 2006, 02:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChoChangHP118

you would think that everyone here is excited cuz this is a harry potter website!!!
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

-James 2:19

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

natato

i found it on one piczo site and i think that it totally makes sense : )==================================================
R.A.B are the initials of a character mentioned towards the end of Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. The initials are found in a message which is in a locket which is, thought to be a Horcrux. The message reads:
          "To the Dark Lord I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can.

I face death in the hope that when you meet your match you will be mortal once more.

R.A.B."

well after reading this a fair few times and giving it alot of though, 1 name poped into my head: regulus black.

well The letter refers to the 'Dark Lord' rather than Voldemort, or 'he who must not be named'. Only Death Eaters call Voldermort the Dark Lord so this is our first clue that the person is Regulus since he is a Death Eater who ran away.

In the Order of the Phoenix chapter 6, 'the Noble and Most Ancient House of Black' it is mentioned that Sirius, Regulus Brother, had an uncle named Alphard who left 'a decent bit of gold' and,no. 12 Grimmauld Place -the headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix. Using names from relatives is pretty common. even in the book because, Ginnies middle name is Molly (her mothers name), so it's very much possible that the A is his uncles initial passed down.

In the same book a 'heavy locket that none of them could open' is mentioned which is found in 12 Grimmauld Place, it couldn't be opened and was thrown away, but we later learn that Kreacher, the house elf, has stolen the it. Could this be the Horcrux that was replaced by the locket that Dumbledore and Harry found? I couldve kicked myself for not noticing this sooner!

---theory---

"What people don't realise is that Sirius Black is a false name,' says Mrs Purkiss. 'The man people believe to be Sirius Black is actually Stubby Boardman, lead singer of popular singing group The Hobgoblins, who retired from public life after being struck on the ear by a turnip at a concert in Little Norton Church Hall nearly fifteen years ago. I recognised him the moment I saw his picture in the paper. Now, Stubby couldn't possibly have committed those crimes, because on the day in question he happened to be enjoying a romantic candlelit dinner with me. I have written to the Minister for Magic and am expecting him to give Stubby, alias Sirius, a full pardon any day now."

I'm guessing this is a reference to Regulus since we know Sirius was there 'the day in question' (although he IS innocent). Also in another chapter Sirius mentions that Regulus died 15 years previously, which would be the same year Harry's parents were killed, and probably before Sirius was taken to Azkaban. JK doesnt realy mentions anything without some sort of reason so maybe this is some sort of proof that Regulus didn't die and just went into hiding
men arent worthy for tears and one who is won't make you cry.

Every day without you is like a book without pages. I love you, I will always do, for the rest of our earthly and heavenly life.

Born to be free...........

BE COOL!

true love doesn't have a happy end...true love never ends

ChoChangHP118

wow.....that was long...oh well i agree...i think..i kind of got lost half way through it....whoops.
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

Good one. It's plausible.

Naroto Mashima

That is true, all except the end. It does say that Regulus died. Sirius says that he got murdered BY VOLDEMORT HIMSELF. Which, I believe, is because Voldemort found out that Regulus stole the horocrux, and tortured him for the info. When he figured that Black wouldn't tell him, he disposed of him.
Al is back on HPFF.

Neville all the way!

Naroto Mashima

Quote from: harrypotterfan:) on December 30, 2006, 08:59:12 AM
wat natato said made totally sense
newayz i wouldnt noe who r.a.b iz coz im not gud at guessing names newayz :)

Please, Please. TYPE OUT YOUR WORDS!
Al is back on HPFF.

Neville all the way!

harrypotterfan:)

yeah sorry I was lazy that day, but i edited it now ;) ;D
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

Quote from: Naroto Mashima on April 16, 2007, 08:11:48 AM
Sirius says that he got murdered BY VOLDEMORT HIMSELF.

Nope. Sirius said he doubted it.

when did sirius say that ??? :P :-X
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

Naroto Mashima

Quote from: 0612 on April 16, 2007, 03:42:30 PM
Quote from: Naroto Mashima on April 16, 2007, 08:11:48 AM
Sirius says that he got murdered BY VOLDEMORT HIMSELF.

Nope. Sirius said he doubted it.

He said it. Can't look it up for you, not re-reading that book for the 14th time... sorry.
Al is back on HPFF.

Neville all the way!

ChoChangHP118

which book? i'll re-read it...nothin' else to do...

Naroto Mashima

The Fifth. It says he was murdered by Voldemort himself... I think. Something like that...

WAIT! Natato was right, it says he didn't think Regulus was even worthy of being murdered by Voldemort or somthing like that...
Al is back on HPFF.

Neville all the way!

oh never mind.....you're all right ;D

ChoChangHP118

Quote from: Naroto Mashima on April 28, 2007, 02:14:00 AM

WAIT! Natato was right, it says he didn't think Regulus was even worthy of being murdered by Voldemort or somthing like that...

oh ya! i remember that! well now i wanna find it!

LOL, good luck reading the bok again.... ::) ;D