News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

The Dragon

Started by Kiara Johnson, November 22, 2006, 06:12:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiara Johnson

(This is it, there is no more, don't ask for none cuz it ain't there, but please let me know your thoughts I would love to hear them. huggles ~K~)

Deep in the forest, deeper than any sane human would venture, there was a spot, seemingly barren of all life, and of all snow. The earth there charred and steaming, blackened by weeks of slow burning embers that seemed to house a slumbering creature in the midst of it all.

The creature was huge, enormous really, though all curled up and slumbering as it was, it fit perfectly in the ten acres of charred earth. Its leathery skin, as black as the deepest shadow, its massive wings folded against its huge, near motionless body. The only sign that it still lived, was the rhythmic rise and fall of its back as it hibernated peacefully in perfect slumber, to await the return of spring when the weather would change, the snow banished to the other side of the world, when once again, it could rise and walk the earth in its other form without freezing to death.

Visions entered the mind of the sleeping giant this night; disturbing and sad visions crept in to disturb its peace. The hellish sound of a voice dear to it, enraged with fury and pain, causing the creature to growl, deep within its throat, emitting a short blast of flame as it snorted, but still slumbered on. In its mind, it was well aware of what had happened, well aware of why it had to happen as well and so held no harsh feelings to the black winged creature that had done the deed that harmed its loved one.

The ground beneath the dragon shifted and shook violently and its eyes snapped open, elongated pupils black against the bright emerald pools that surrounded them looked sluggishly about as it lifted its regal head from the ground and then let out an earthshaking roar that would be heard throughout the realm by any who had ears. Only a very few would know who it was behind the return, the anguished roar of the mighty dragon, and only one, would take to heart, perhaps two, that she knew, that she had witnessed the entire show in her minds eye.

Kalista shifted her wings slightly and then lowered her head back to the ground. This was not her time; it was not her place to interfere. Mai had every right and if need be, he would find her... for now she would return to her slumber, though wanting to go to him would haunt her sleep, perhaps a bit of pain would fill her dreams and when she did awake fully, to once again grace the earth with her presence, she would have him back, the one she had loved, and not, the one who had taken over in her absence.

harrypotterfan:)

((another great piece I bet you ;D I love it so far ;D ))
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]