News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A Warning To Those Who Plan To Read Deathly Hallows

Started by goblet_fulla_fire, May 9, 2007, 06:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goblet_fulla_fire

This is a warning to everyone who reads and follows the Harry Potter series. Do NOT visit this site until you have read the last book of the series. Why? I'll tell you.

Just mere days after Half Blood Prince came out, there had been a thread in the Fan Art and Fiction section of HPFF. It was titled, "A quick sketch I did of Harry." The poster's name was a user called Banastré or something like that. The "picture" was in a link, but the link did not direct you to a sketch of Harry. Instead, it was to a picture of one of the last pages of the Half Blood Prince. Deeply underlined was the spoiler that I am sure everyone has seen. (I am sure I do not need to tell you what that spoiler is.)

Fortunately I had already read the entire book. In an attempt to prevent this spoiler by being read to those have not read the entire book of HBP, I quickly made a post not to click the link. To get attention, I made the font as large as possible. Unfortunately, some users did not see this and witnessed the infamous spoiler.

Nearly everyone who viewed that thread flamed Banastré. He would respond by spamming all the boards with the spoiler. Users were flaming Banastré constantly. He would soon get banned but come back with a different username.

After about a month, he created a thread indicating he was sorry for putting up the spoiler and flaming all the users. I do not know his reasons for creating that thread as I was a bit skeptical of his apology. I could only think of three theories he would do this.

One: Banastré was sincerely sorry of what he had done. He realized that getting attention by being a jerk isn't a good thing.

Two: Banastré wanted everyone to get off his back.

Three: Banastré wanted everyone to think he was sorry so Admin wouldn't ban him again. He realized how much everybody hated him so he will strike again once the last Harry Potter book comes out and he will pull the same stunt.

Now I'm not sure if Banastré was sincerely sorry about what he had done. There is no way to be sure. But this thread isn't about Banastré, he was only an example.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is for sure going to contain the biggest spoilers of the entire series, possibly instigating people who dislike Harry Potter to ruin the book for other people.

Now DH isn't going to come out for awhile now so feel free to visit HPFF for the mean time. The book won't come out until July 21 anyway. But after July 21, do NOT come to this site until you have read Deathly Hallows. In fact just to be extra safe, I wouldn't visit here even a few days before July 21 in case someone gets an illegal copy of the book.

Now I am not confirming that someone will absolutely post a spoiler. I am saying that since this book will answer all the questions that every HP fan has asked to what will happen in the series, do not be surprised if an attention seeker posts a spoiler somewhere.

As far as I am concerned, July 21,2007-until you have read Deathly Hallows, do not visit this site.

This warning goes out to all the other HP forums as well.

Goblet
I am a dog.

ChoChangHP118

WOW! thanks for that information......i probably won't get on here after i get the book for a few days anyway.....i'll be reading it like five times! and crying over who died! and the fact that the series is over!  :'( so sad!
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

-James 2:19

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

I'm not worried because I'm getting it early enough.

Ginny Weasly

Good advice, Goblet.

Also, if someone posts a spoiler and you happen to find it, don't flame that person. Just post "Do not click link" or something of the sort and click the 'report to moderators' button at the bottom of the incriminating post. As soon as possible, Admin or one of the Mods will delete the post.

Flaming someone only makes them more eager to ruin it for every one.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

harrypotterfan:)

Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

ChoChangHP118

Quote from: 0612 on May  9, 2007, 02:09:10 PM
I'm not worried because I'm getting it early enough.

what do you mean your getting it early enough??
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

ChoChangHP118

Quote from: harrypotterfan:) on May 13, 2007, 10:09:47 AM
....LOL.....you're always confused....LOL

actually i'm not confused....i'm just interestingly questioning his sentence!

LOL....wow....well good luck in getting a interesting answer ;) ;D

lolz... You won't be getting an interesting answer :P

What I meant was that I'd be buying the book within twelve hours of its publishing (i've done that for the previous two books), so I won't have to wait a long time to come back on here.

goblet_fulla_fire

Quote from: 0612 on May 13, 2007, 11:33:04 AM
lolz... You won't be getting an interesting answer :P

What I meant was that I'd be buying the book within twelve hours of its publishing (i've done that for the previous two books), so I won't have to wait a long time to come back on here.
I'll will be buying it within a few hours. (It would be just a few minutes, but I am expecting a long line.)
I am a dog.

Thank god I'm exempted from the long line problem, because I'm getting mine at a post office, and nobody will ever guess a post office sells Harry Potter books :P

Whee... 15% discount :P ;D

....LOL....post office?? This stupid advertisement said Harry Potter #7 book for free....LOL....like yeah right.... ::) :P

ChoChangHP118

that would be amazing.....but the publishing company has already said that it's gonna be like 5 dollars, or whatever money you peeps use, more then any of the other six!

I ordered mine off the internet......so i'm not gonna get it till like the 22 or 23....i'm hoping that i'll get it on the 21....but since so many others are pre- ordering i'm probably not gonna! oh well...at least i get it!

siriusfan