News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Hp new news daily

Started by Lola_La_Fringe7, August 29, 2007, 07:43:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lola_La_Fringe7

NEW NEWS HARRY POTTER PLAY TO COME OUT!!!

British theatre casting directors are searching for the next Harry Potter to star in a musical based on the smash-hit books.

Producers are already working on a script for an all-singing, all-dancing show of J.K. Rowling's stories to open at London's West End next year.

Now a search is on for a young boy to take over the role from Daniel Radcliffe who played the wizard Potter on screen as well as a big-name composer to write the music for the show.

A theatre insider says: "The musical has the potential to be huge. You are already off to a head start with the most popular book of recent times.

Everyone loves the characters and the mythical world Rowling has invented.

"The difficulty is condensing the seven books into a manageable show. They are exploring various ideas. One possibility is to tell the whole story. Another is to just take a single plot.

"The plan is for spectacular flying scenes, live Quidditch and big showdowns with Voldermort."

Exciting no? I can't wait to see this play I've heard so many good things about it! I don't know about you but i can't wait!

Learn to love life, and you will find there is so much more to love.

HermioneFan

wow! That sounds kinda... weird :-\ i mean, i can't imagine HP books being a musical. But it does sound really cool! I wanna see it :)

Lola_La_Fringe7

I know it came as a shock to me too. I thought to myself how could they fit the Harry Potter... Goodness into one musical. Plus  it is all like singing and Harry Potter books can get sad and I don't really think they could capture all the emotion of HP in silly little songs!! I mean would you think that.

Sky

I think it'll really lose a few harry potter fans. Harry Potter shouldn't be a musical. A play, now that would be great! but the type of character Harry,ron,hermione,draco, and even dumbledore, wouldn't bust out in song. It would be just...just wack.

Lola_La_Fringe7

NEW HARRY POTTER FAN FICTION WEBSITE!

http://www.fictionalley.org/ Ever wanted to write a fan fiction but no one replies??? Well, believe me its different on this site!!

But in other news...

J.K. Rowling states: "In October I will be touring the USA for the first time since 2000. It will be in October of 2007 (She has not yet released a date) The tour will include 4 events which will be held in Los Anglos, New Orleans, New York City and one in New York City for the US Harry Potter fan who wins a ticket throught a sweepstakes. The name of which I will not release."

LordBlaZe

Ten Percent Luck
Twenty Percent Skill
Fifteen Percent Concentrated Power Of Will
Five Percent Pleasure
Fifty Percent Pain
One Hundred Percent Reason To Remember The Name

Lola_La_Fringe7

In release only seven weeks on IMAX, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix has set a new record. The movie, which has shattered multiple IMAX box office records, has now earned $35 million worldwide.

The movie has garnered more than $24 million on 91 IMAX screens domestically and more than $11 million on 52 IMAX screens internationally, resulting in an impressive per screen average of $243,000 making it the highest grossing live-action Hollywood IMAX release.

According to Greg Foster, Chairman and President of IMAX Filmed Entertainment:

This film has become a huge summer hit for the IMAX(R) theatre network and Harry Potter fans have demonstrated that they love to experience their favorite wizard in IMAX 3D. Many of our locations throughout the worldwide IMAX network have reported box office records, thanks to a terrific film from talented filmmakers, exceptional marketing from Warner Bros. Pictures and the strong appeal of Hollywood movies presented in a truly unique and powerful way.

Can you believe this? I don't know about you, but thats cool. Oh, by the by have you seen this movie. Imax or not it doesn't matter.

uglycupcakes

This is alot like jessies newest news. The title is almost the same to. hmm.

dobby888

yes it is alot like my news thing, and hmmmm it was made AFTER mine.... see I would call that copying, but its up to you to decide!!

Lola_La_Fringe7

(No! I just admired your idea and wanted to make my own news site! I thought it would be fun!)
All of the books have been signed by the author JK Rowling and are so valuable that they are being kept in an Aberdeenshire police station.

They will be auctioned off on eBay in aid of local charity Books Abroad which supplies books to children in 80 countries worldwide.

The Potter books are expected to raise at least £20,000.

Rhynie-based Books Abroad has sent an estimated two million free books around the world in 25 years.

'Worthy cause'

A relative of JK Rowling has volunteered for the charity, a fact which is thought to have helped secure the donation of the signed collection.

A Books Abroad spokeswoman told BBC Scotland: "A complete set of special editions was signed by JK Rowling as she felt it was a worthy cause.

"We believe it's the only set available.

"It could be worth £20,000 - or even an awful lot more."

In other news...The tickets for JK Rowling's moonlight reading of the final Harry Potter were snapped up ages ago but fans have a new way to enjoy the event - on the web.
There is going to be a live webstream of the author reading from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at London's Natural History Museum.

The action will be available online from the minute the book comes out - 12.01am on Saturday, July 21.

You can watch in by logging on to www.bloomsbury.com

Click here to chat about all things Potter
But you don't have to stay up all night to see the reading because it will be on the site for two weeks after the big day.

The site is also hosting a web chat with JK on 30 July, but kids can start putting in their questions a week before that - again by logging on to the site.

fudge0604

Quote from: Lola_La_Fringe7 on September 18, 2007, 07:59:10 AM
In other news...The tickets for JK Rowling's moonlight reading of the final Harry Potter were snapped up ages ago but fans have a new way to enjoy the event - on the web.
There is going to be a live webstream of the author reading from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows at London's Natural History Museum.

The action will be available online from the minute the book comes out - 12.01am on Saturday, July 21.

You can watch in by logging on to www.bloomsbury.com

Click here to chat about all things Potter
But you don't have to stay up all night to see the reading because it will be on the site for two weeks after the big day.

The site is also hosting a web chat with JK on 30 July, but kids can start putting in their questions a week before that - again by logging on to the site.

Isen't this a bit old news...? What was the reason of posting half of this?
i don't wanna be mean but... Why?

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

Thank you Albus.  And Mira, if you don't have this one deleted, which I would like to do myself, just promise me, and I mean PROMISE me, that you won't take my ideas, because what I had done was something that I thought was really special and unique, so please don't copy my ideas anymore.  Thank you I appreciate it.  Oh, and one last note, all of the readers of my news have flocked to yours so I hope your happy :P

dobby888

Quote from: Lola_La_Fringe7 on September 19, 2007, 05:37:06 AM
Please RP to talk like this ;D

What are you talking about. I mean, that made no sense what so ever.

fudge0604

okay..... that made no sense Mira..

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

Your telling me.  *Sigh* I'm so bored right now.  Nobody is on... I'm all alone!!!!!! With no one here beside meeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!