News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Religion(everyone welcome)

Started by Maya Mayhem, October 10, 2007, 05:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maya Mayhem

Ok I know probably everyone is gonna tell me we've already done this but I'm doing a survey of religion. Just post your religion explain what you do and that sort of thing. If you would like to add something extra about your religion then go ahead. By the way I'm christian and I don't go to church. I believe in God and Jesus Christ.

hermionescool

Maya Hexo

I use to be buddishm but then converted to Jewish when I got to America.

Ginny Weasly

I'm Agnostic. That means I believe in a Diety (or dietys) but not in any specific religion.

My parents were both catholic, but I was never baptised. So I was alowwed to decide if I want to become catholic or not when I got older. This led me to learning at least a little bit about most major religions, and I decided that they are all wrong in at least one way or the other.

So I believe many diffrent things, and I only go to church for special occasions. (Weddings, funerals, special masses(like in a friends honor))
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Maya Hexo

Cool. I like the sound of that religion. My parents kind of forced me into a religion. They would kill me if I didn't believe in god. Really I still believe in buddishm,I practice it when they're not home.

Greg

I am a pantheist. I also have a few traits of Unitarian Universalism.

Maya Hexo

Um...could you explain it please?

Ginny Weasly

Quote from: Maya Hexo on October 11, 2007, 08:40:46 AM
Cool. I like the sound of that religion. My parents kind of forced me into a religion. They would kill me if I didn't believe in god. Really I still believe in buddishm,I practice it when they're not home.

Yes, it's not exactly a religion, but that's what I say when someone asks what I believe in. It takes too much time to tel them my theories.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Maya Hexo

Yeah that's my problem when I got over here. I told them I believed in Buddishm and they kept asking me what it was. It was so annoying. I was like "Go look it up on the freaken internet!!!". I didn't have many friends after that.  :-\

Ginny Weasly

I got called a heathen by a couple people in school, but I blew them off. Figured they wern't worth it if they wouldn't take the time to understand.

Many people ask, and when I don't feel like explaining, I just shrug and walk away. Haha.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Maya Hexo

LOL!!!Yeah I got called a couple names from some very strong christian people. I read their bible and it says that christians shouldn't discriminate other religions. sooo.....really the other religions are the ones that actually follow their rules.

Ginny Weasly

That's my main argument when someone tells me that I'm going to hell because I don't follow their religion. I always blink and say, "And if your God is a powerful, merciful, and wonderful as you claim, will he not forgive me?"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Maya Hexo

Greg

Pantheism's basic belief is that all deities in religions are all the same deity, that basically every religion is right, that there is no divine judgement, what is right must be discovered by the individual. Unitarian Universalism is merely a form of worship in all religions could learn from each other by worshipping together. No matter what the religion. So, a Unitarian Universalist religious building will involve people all going in and hearing people preach, with people of other religions and sects, even those who are atheistic or such.

I mean not to criticize, but Ginny Weasly, agnosticism is the "unaffiliated" belief. In which you have not made a choice as an atheist or theist, yet you have a knowledge of a godlike power. Otherwise, with a lack of sufficient knowledge, comes what is called by some "weak atheism" in which atheism comes for ignorance as oppose to denial.

Ginny Weasly

Which is, a more complicated form of what I described it as, is that not true? I know full well what the dictionary defines agnosticism as, and perfer to speak in Layman's terms when it comes to such things as religion.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret