News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

..nightmares

Started by Xaver, November 30, 2007, 05:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaver

=[Based at ..Ginny's house? Say they (Ginny, Xaver and Cody) were staying there? This is open, though I have a plan for it. Anyone can join, so long as they make a reason for being at Ginny's (&Xaver's =) )  in the middle of the night.]=

Xaver hadn't been able to sleep for days.
It was wearing on him - the constant fear, that if indeed he closed his eyes at night, and let sleep carry him to his dreams... That he would see, what he really had no want to see.
His brother had been there, when Xaver had first awoken, beneath the cold, ruthless rain - and that could mean a number of things. Xaver had learned real quick, that there really was no end to how far his brother would go. To the extent his brother would make, to cross that line. Hell - he'd killed their baby sister.

He hadn't gone to bed yet - not since he'd started having dark visions...

And slowly, his lack of sleep and care for his health was beginning to take a toll on his creature.

After Ginny and Cody had gone up to bed – Xaver swore he'd be up soon – he made into the kitchen, padding slowly around the table, lifting his arms high, and removing his black shirt, smooth, fit, hard muscle moving in his powerful creature, beneath the healthy bronze of his skin, revealed a piece of naked flesh at a time. He deposited the shirt into a dark pool upon the countertop, turning his back on it, and planting his palms behind him on the counter edge, leaning back, and crossing his legs at the ankle.

He tipped his head back, closing his eyes, and he sighed, as, with a soft simmer of released magic, the enormous entities of his wings suddenly materialized behind him, glorious as ever. The tile was cool against his bare feet – he was now clad in only black sweatpants, that clung loosely to his hips.

Who was he kidding?
Not anybody that mattered.
And definitely not himself.

..What a headache.

Maybe he had changed more than he realized, when he'd been away.
For three years.
Three years that he'd never get back.

Xaver pulled a rare face that most, in all their lives, couldn't fathom, let alone see, letting his head fall, as raw frustration, and pain, and sorrow ravaged him, the emotions clear as day upon his handsome features. In the solitude of the kitchen, unshed tears sprung to the corners of his eyes, though he fought them away quickly, roughly, opening his eyes and pushing from the counter, clenching his jaw against the tide of emotions threatening to swallow him.

His head ached with every movement, wearing him down step for step until solace upon the couch was the only thing fathomable.
Just for the moment.

He laid back on the couch, his wings open beneath him, one spread out onto the floor, and the other draped lazily over the back of the couch, his legs hanging over the arm of it, from the calves down, one arm crossing his muscled abdomen, and the other tucked behind his head, he stared at the ceiling.

He didn't want those nightmares.
...Just not the nightmares...
..Not the night...mares........

It was only a few moments before sleep stole his thoughts, and he was motionless, falling into the dream-world he was so wary of.

It didn't start off instantly.
For a former combat-trained warrior, he always spoke too much in his sleep, where a grunt was too much...
Over time, he'd taught himself into silence...
Though it only lasted a little while, anymore.

Soon it was sporadically twitching. Groaning..  And a sheen of cold, nervous sweat, that coated his tense, stiff form. His hands clenched into fists, his features locked into an expression of pain – pain that wreaked physically, and mentally.

"Mhnnffmm...."
He mumbled, his tones low, but almost panicked breathy, as he twitched, shielding his eyes with his arm, though against nothing..

"NO!"
At first strongly... Then with a lot less conviction...
"N-no.."

He tossed, and jerked, as if was painful to do so.

"S...st-..."

Xaver whispered a few choice words in his own language, turning his head. Dead asleep... though that was what he'd been afraid of, all along.
"Odi et amo."

Hazy Haven; ST. LUTHOR IS NOW OPEN!
click here

Ginny Weasly

Ginny was quiet the opposite of Xaver. She had never slept well, dreams of her past would too often follow her. Ginny was a guilty person. But this night was diffrent, and she had gone to bed, falling into a soft slumber almost as soon as her head hit the pillows.

But Xaver's moans awoke her now, and she quietly sat up, first trying to figure out the noise, and second trying to read the clock. Finally, she pulled herself from bed, walking down the soft, carpeted hall to the living room, where she saw Xaver's sleeping form.

Ginny watched him for a long moment, regarding his handsome body, but thinking more about Xaver himself. She knew he felt bad about missing three years of his son's life. But Ginny also knew there had to be a reason, one that Xaver had had no control of, or he would have come back long ago.

She sighed, going to get a dry towel and gently mopping up the sweat on his face and neck. She sat beside his wing on the floor, carefully soothing his body. She said nothing, thinking he was too deeply asleep to hear her.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

[OMG MY COUSIN'S BEING BORN!!! I'm off to the delivery room!! XDXDXDXCD]

And he was, wasn't he?
He hadn't reacted to her approaching, or even to her touching him, besides his nervous twitches calming slightly. It was an automatic reaction – he recognized her, without actually recognizing her.

He squeezed his eyes shut, after a pause, hitching a breath, before he gave a low, quiet moan, almost a sob, his fingers twitching oddly.

There were many things the Fallen lord regretted.
But, more specifically, many things his memory had blotted out – and he didn't remember...

"Gin..."
"Odi et amo."

click here

Lola_La_Fringe7

Mira slipping down a tree outside walked quietly towards the door of the house debating whether or not she should trouble people at such late hours.
Learn to love life, and you will find there is so much more to love.

Ginny Weasly

((Have fun!))

At her name, she looked up, wondering what his dream was about. She wouldn't wake him, not yet. Bad dreams were a part of life, and one might as well finish the dream and deal with it then never finish the dream.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

[XD OHMY. She. Is. Beautiful.  ;D Now.. To be completely opposite... ]

It was the ultimatum of a black abyss.
The night sky above them was starless, the cloud-cover low, and heavy, the moon dampered and blotted out. The wind brought the cries of a chilly earth, cold, and relentless, seeping through clothes and armor, and skin, and bone. It was raining, lightly, heavy droplets whipping about, turning the soft earth below, into mush, that clung and sucked with each lagging, grueling step.
"C'mon, 'Aver, it's only a little ways more..."

Xaver moaned, softly, his face drawn into a painful expression.

It was Kylie.
Little Kylie, her hand clasped in his, of which was adorned with a fingerless, torn glove, stained with fresh blood. Her pale skin stood out in contrast to him, her bright blue eyes wide, with both worry, and fear. She tugged at him, her eyes pleading. Just a little more. Just a little ways, right?
"Xaver PLEASE!"
Looking at her, she didn't look any different. The same long, wavy raven hair, puffy dark blue dress that hung over knees that were bruised, scratched, and muddy. She looked....

She looked alive.

He tossed, a certain ashen tone taking to his skin, feeling, despite his sleeping state, physically sick. Xaver shivered, shaking his head, grunting whispers as he turned his head now, burying his face into the back of the couch.

It was crazy...
Had to be crazy...
She tugged at him again, and he followed, gripping her little hand, allowing her to lead him, and fighting off the agony of continuing to follow. Continuing to move.

"P-please, 'Aver. Please make haste! Time!"

What was this? Tears stained her young face now, though Kylie made no attempt to brush them away. She pawed at his hand, tugging at him to hurry - to go faster... But it was so hard to move... So hard to lift his legs, and plant one before the other. Why the haste? Why the tears? He didn't understand, but there would be no questions... Just walking. Just moving.
..Was this death?

Xaver twitched, oddly.

He looked at her. The ideal Fallen princess. His father's only prodigy. The little girl that had been forced to conform and accept the ways the former king had told her to. Who had rebelled, and come to him... Who was DEAD.
"I TOLD YOU TO HURRY!"
She looked back at him, continuing to walk, as he tried to, her eyes changed a wicked, glossy black, eyelids gone, lips cracked and bleeding, stretched into a grin over a line of even, fanged teeth, her skin stretched tightly over the structure of her face, her nose absent, leaving a gaping hole in the center of her face. She hissed at him, cursing, in a tone that should never have reached a little girl's ears, let alone come from her mouth..

Xaver thrashed, screaming now, his tones low, and tortured, his hands gripping his hair, pulling at it, self-consciously trying to wake himself.

Kylie made a phantom of a laugh, cracking her neck to the side slightly, and looking foreword again, shaking her head, looking down, before she looked back, and her features had returned to their norm, though the skin of her forehead was peeling, like a mask, folding over, dead, rotting skin beneath showing in minute pieces at a time.
"Help me 'Aver! I'm not dead! SAVE me!"..

She twitched, her neck jolting to the side, becoming stiff, before her mouth parted again, her jaw swinging oddly, unhinged, and she suddenly appeared in front of him - her hand drilled into his chest, until she ripped backwards, gripping his heart, and a few choice intestines.. She twitched madly, and jumped on him...

..and Xaver woke up, still screaming, thrashing, rolling off the couch, narrowly missing Ginny, standing and backing away so fast he bumped into everything in his past, still yelling, backing up until he rammed himself, squashing his wings, into the wall, his hands clawing over his chest like mad, trying to shake off the sick, disturbed essence that literally seemed to linger. Unchecked tears stained his face and blurred his eyes, as he continued to swat at himself, spooked beyond belief..

"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

When Xaver fell, Ginny jumped up, paling as he screamed. Her first thought was of her son, so she threw a sheild up around his room. Then she hesitently started towards Xaver, "Honey, hush! It was just a dream!"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

"N-no!"

He beat at his chest and abdomen, swatting, and scratching, trying to rid himself of the very real, violating feeling, shaking his head violently.

"No! It's.. - she's... Ma soeur! C'est folle.. Mais.."

He continued to thrash about, his wings beating nervously, his eyes wild..
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"Xaver! Calm, please. Your going to wake up Cody!" Ginny took another step closer, worried greatly.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver bit his hand, digging his teeth into his palm just beneath his thumb, squeezing his eyes shut.
He saw her face.. evil, and mutilated, and childish, when he closed them, and he shook his head again, opening his eyes and throwing his head back, his arms loose at his sides.

"She's dead.." he said between breaths. "She... has to be."
"Odi et amo."

click here

Lola_La_Fringe7

Mira debating in her head heard the crashing and opened the door, stepping inside. She saw Xavier mad and Ginny panic striken.
Learn to love life, and you will find there is so much more to love.

Ginny Weasly

Instantly, Ginny understood who he spoke of, and she took another step, reaching her hand out and touching his arm.
"Baby, shhh..." She said, her hand reached up and gently touching his face, "It's okay. It was a dream, only a dream."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

At first, he shivered beneath her touch, his senses still on edge, and nervous, though he stilled somewhat with her presence.
He tilted his face into her hand, then shook his head, slowly.

"Yes, I-.. But.. My ..'dreams'.. what if it wasn't?!"

He ran his hands over his bare chest, unable to shake the feeling, his skin cool and damp beneath his fingers - goosebumps splayed over his skin.

"I.. mean not all of it.. but-.."
He shook his head again, not even noticing Mira enter, which was a testiment to his upset. He could still feel her inhuman, little fingers gripping his hand, trying to pull him foreword. The fingers that had turned into claws, and had raked a gaping hold in his chest..
Xaver looked down at himself, shivering, running his hand over his heart, the beat pounding against his palm like a heavy, quick drum.
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"Shhh..." Ginny said, placing her other hand over his, over his heart.

"It was a dream. A bad dream, nothing else. As sad as it is, she's gone. We buried her, remember? And if she wasn't she wouldn't do anything to hurt you."

Ginny had no clue what the dream had been about, but she grasped the general idea.
"She loved you, baby. Everything will be fine. It was only a dream."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

"I.. I ..know.. But.. What if?..."

Her face flashed before him, the young, familiar ...mutilated corpse.
Xaver shuddered.

"I've ...been afraid, Love. Afraid of seeing what I have forced myself not to remember, over the past years.. What if..?"

NO.
God, No.

Xaver shook his head, squeezing his eyes shut.

"Darkness, make it only a dream..."
"Odi et amo."

click here