News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

..nightmares

Started by Xaver, November 30, 2007, 05:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xaver

Xaver's gaze fixed on Cody, and a phantom of a smile flickered to life over his lips.
Not so much in amusement, but at the boy's offering.

He smiled - but the aura about him remained unchanged. Remote, grey-haze stillness.
He was forcefully withdrawn, and that warmth - the life of the sort of glow that usually was about him - was gone.

Xaver walked to the couch, when Ginny announced bed-time, and frowned slightly at her, passing on that he knew very well her condition, before another smile of sorts alit his features.

"I'll put him to bed this time. You rest for a moment, Gin.. Cody, give your Mom a kiss, quick."
"Odi et amo."

Hazy Haven; ST. LUTHOR IS NOW OPEN!
click here

Ginny Weasly

Ginny looked at Xaver, "You sure?" But before Xaver could answer, Cody had turned, kissing her and hugging her and hopping off her lap. He grabbed Xaver's hand and smiled at Mira, and looked up.

"I want Daddy to put me to bed."
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver was passing a small nod to Ginny, when Cody took his hand.
He shook his head, the usual rumble of low laughter failing to surface, and though he smiled, the emotion of it was bitten down.

Only to knowing eyes, of course.

To a stranger, it would have looked charming, Xaver taking his little boy's hand, and starting off down the hallway, smiling slightly.
But, for those who knew him - Xaver was a very detailed creature. Every smile, or hint of one, had his own sort of radiant warmth. The warmth was shielded. Hence - missing.

Xaver led the way to Cody's bedroom, nudging the door open with his foot, and then making across the room to the bed. He smiled again, slightly - and released Cody's hand, lifting him, effortlessly, under the arms and planting him onto his bed.

"Under the covers, Trouble."
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Cody smiled, snuggling under her covers easily. They were still warm. He looked at Xaver, their matching eyes meeting, "Daddy, are you ok?"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver pulled the covers to Cody's shoulders, caccooning him slightly in the blankets, and slowly sat down beside him, on the edge of the bed, at an angle so he was facing him.

"What do you mean, Cody?"
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"You aren't happy." Cody looked at him, concern for his 'daddy' open and honest in his eyes, "Are you scared?"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

"Yes," he said quietly.

If there was anything in this world that Xaver could look back on, it was that he never lied to Cody. He didn't tell him everything, maybe, but he never falsified anything to his son. Someday, he knew, he hoped, that would account for something.

"Daddy gets scared too, you know."
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Cody nodded, his eyes getting a bit big, "You do?" He paused, then leaned forward, as though to tell a secret, "I think Momma does too. I think everyone does."

He frowned, looking worried, "Why are you scared?"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver nodded, a small smile touching his lips, and his eyes too, this time.
"Yes... We all get scared, sometimes. But it's not if we get scared, it's how we deal with it..."

Xaver, himself.. Didn't really know how to deal with what was on his mind.

He looked at Cody, when the boy made his inquiry, a slight frown stealing over his lips.

"I... Don't know, yet. Much like with your Mom, sometimes my dreams are not dreams at all... But memories."
He looked at Cody, with that reserved, sidelong gaze of his.
"I have a few very, very bad memories..."

Xaver shook his head, then ran his hand over Cody's mop of black hair, leaning in, and planting a kiss onto the boy's forehead.
He wasn't going to traumatize the little boy.

"But in the end, it's just a memory. Just a dream. I'll be OK. You, get some sleep, alright?"
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

Cody nodded, clsoing his eyes already, "Okay Daddy." He said, then opened one eye, "But if you get scared, sleep in momma's bed. It's big and comfy and nothing can get you there."

His childish thoghts were ment only to offer things that worked for him when he had bad dreams. He thought nothing of the situation of his parents, having never known anything that happened usually after he went o sleep.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver smiled, softly, that emotionless steel waning slightly, though he fought quickly afterword to secure it again.
Wait until you're over it, he told himself.
..It's not their burden...

"I think I'll do that, Babe. That will probably make me feel better, too."

He swooped in and planted another kiss over the boy's temple, and then rose, tucking him in one last time before he started for the door.

"Good night, Cody."
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"Good night Daddy." Cody said, turning over and making himself even more comfertable.

In the living room, Ginny leaned against one arm of the couch, holding her head in one hand. She had warmed up greatly, but her head felt like someone had hit her, literally, with a ton of bricks.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Xaver

Xaver looked at Cody, his gaze falling over his little boy's body as he turned and rolled into his pillows. He slowly retreated into the hall, and closed the bedroom door, turning toward the living room. Deep within the confines of his chest, his heart literally ached with emotion, his thoughts too strangled and worn too thin to be able to absorb the affection for Cody. And Ginny.

Xaver paused as he stepped back into the room, a small frown tilting his lips before he continued walking - and sat down beside Ginny, slowly, draping an arm around her shoulders.

"Cody suggested sleeping in your bed, instead of the couch," he said, quietly, though there was a hint of amusement to his tones. "Always makes him feel better."
"Odi et amo."

click here

Ginny Weasly

"I imagine it would." Ginny closed her eyes against the harsh light that made her coming headache worse. She sat still, calming her breathing and concentrating on making her headach barable.

"I wouldn't mind much." She opened one eyes, smiling slightly at him.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Lola_La_Fringe7

Mira, now left alone sitting with Ginny had looked into her eyes. "Ginny what did you see...?" Those 5 simple words containing so much meaning.
Learn to love life, and you will find there is so much more to love.