News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Juno

Started by Ginny Weasly, April 21, 2008, 10:43:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

Have any of you seen Juno?

I doubt it, 'cause it's not exactly a movie for the immature, but I found it to be one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

It's about a 16 year old girl named Juno, who is impregnated by her best friend, Paulie Bleeker. While she originally plans to have an abortion, she decides instead to give the baby up for adoption. She finds an ad for a wealthy couple, and incidentally goes through nine months of growing up.

I don't do it justice, I'm afraid. But I'll tell you this; I'm pretty much heartless, and I never cry at movies. I cried during Juno. It is possibly one of my favorite movies, and I recommend it for anyone who has gone through a teenage pregnancy, or has someone close to them that has.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Vanessa

I really want to see this. I was going to, but I never found time. Is it out on DVD yet?
--Taken--

uglycupcakes

Yeah it's finally out on dvd. Its a fantastic movie. I went with a whole bunch of friends and saw it in theaters and we laughed so hard. The music was really good too.

ChoChangHP118

I actually just watched it on DVD yesterday. A delightful movie at the most, I don't really enjoy the message it sends that it makes it seem like its ok to go and get "prego" and that everything will be alright.

The actress that portrays Juno McGuff is absalutly amazing if I do say so myself.

Good movie, you're right though Ginny... not exactly a movie for the immature.

The music was my favorite part! All of the songs were very good and perfect for the movie and its theme and such.

Loved it, just got it on DVD.

"Your baby has fingernails!"
Loved that little Asian girl that stood outside the abortion place
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

-James 2:19

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

Hailey

I saw it in the theatres with my mom and my sister.  It was kinda awkward because my sister was 15 and pregnant at the time so my mom was keep giving us weird looks.  But anyway, the movie was good IMO.

Ginny Weasly

I saw it in theaters, and laugh and cried. It was funny, 'cause my boyfriend took me to see it. There was us and like, five other people in the theater. Most of them were older ladies, and it was so funny how much more relaxed the audience was with so few people. We shouted things out, and said "Oh no!" at the same time. hahaaa.
Anyway, I got it on DVD, because I loved it. The whole reason I went to see it? Ellen Page (Juno) looks kinda like my older sister who got pregnant at 17. And as the movie was coming into theaters, my best friend, she was 16 at the time, had just had a baby girl.
I deal with teen pregnancies quite a lot. Around here, no one likes the idea, but considering our schools refuse to teach the right kind of sex-ed because of government funding, it happens more than it ought to.

I actually went and downloaded a couple of the songs. Type 'Juno soundtrack' into LimeWire to get some of them.
Most of the songs were done by The Moldy Peaches.

Su-Chin...heh...."All babies want to be borned! All babies want to be borned!"
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

harrypotterfan:)

OMG....I saw "Juno" with my boyfriend.....it was hilarious[trust me we had popcorn and soda]
If anyone has the chance to see it better see it because you will definitely like it.
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

goblet_fulla_fire

The only song I really digged was All I Want is You by Barry Louis Polisar. I liked how Juno drove a Toyota Previa, the same kind of car my dad had.

Juno was a pretty good movie although some things annoyed me a little bit.
I am a dog.

harrypotterfan:)

lol....then again alot of things probably annoy you Goblet....
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

goblet_fulla_fire

Quote from: harrypotterfan:) on May 30, 2008, 10:56:44 AM
lol....then again alot of things probably annoy you Goblet....
Actually there are few things that annoy me, but they annoy me greatly. Like the FCC for example.
I am a dog.

dobby888

I really liked Juno and it was a GREAT movie.  Me and a bunch of my friends went to see it, and for the parts with the chair.... yeah that got awkward... and now my mom wants to watch it with me and so that'll be interesting.... yeah.....

cody

it was okay i guess but i didnt really like the music on it...
Its all fun & games till someone gets hurt...then its hilarious

uglycupcakes

You didnd't like the music? Quite honestly that was my very favorite part!

Ginny Weasly

Quote from: cody on June  5, 2008, 12:51:58 PM
it was okay i guess but i didnt really like the music on it...

I hate people...

Listen, what does the music have to do with the movie and it's content? My friend's boyfriend told us the movie was stupid because he doesn't like that kind of music.
Seriously, WTF?

And he claims to be a music lover!

A music lover would be someone who loves ALL music, maybe no equally, but all the same. Music lover's don't hate one kind of music. It's impossible to be a music lover if you hate one aspect of what you love.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

dobby888

Yeah that is kind of messed up!

I just watched Juno yesterday, and I had totally forgotten the extent to which I love that movie!