News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Non Harry Potter Story

Started by ChoChangHP118, May 23, 2008, 08:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChoChangHP118

The title is Three Truths. Tell me what you guys think!

Giggles erupted in the empty woods of the Brown Dear Forest as two thirteen year old girls sat in a hidden tree house in the center of the forest. Yes, they are laughing. As tears were falling down many people's faces in the town, no one noticed the girls missing. On a night when death payed a visit to the residents of Wisconsin, no one seemed to care what was going on in the forest or the girls lives, and they weren't complaining. It was on this night that Chris had passed away. Many did not know him but those that did loved him very dearly. The two girls in the forests are laughing because of Chris . Not in a bad way, they were laughing through their pain. They knew Chris better then anyone else in the town. He had helped them build the tree house they were currently sitting in along with AJ another dear friend. Together they were two girls, Adrienne and Hailey laughing in a hidden tree house consoling each other that night.
Looking into the tree house that night you would see that one girl was tall with blonde hair, she sat on the floor of the tree house holding her knees her was head thrown back hiding her beautiful green eyes. Her voice emitted laughter that seemed to have no end. This was Adrienne Lauren. In the corner opposite sat Hailey Stathas, her dark brown hair and bangs covered her deep brown eyes as she sat cross legged on the ground, her head leaning against the old wood that supported the tree house. She was laughing alongside Adrienne, but with not as much force. She was having trouble hiding her fear. Both teenage girls had tear stained faces and sore abdomen's from laughing and crying at the same time. On the floor in front of them lay many photographs of the four teens: Adrienne, Hailey, Chris, and AJ. Along with the photos laying strewn across the floor were four roses each a different colors, and each belonging to the four of the friends. Purple for Adrienne, Green for Hailey, white for Chris, and a black rose which was at the moment hanging from the wall marking AJ's's place in the tree house.
Suddenly an exasperated sigh from Hailey's mouth interrupted both girls laughing and silence seemed to fall across all of Wisconsin. The two girls gently fell into silence from their hysterical laughing. They were left with nothing but blank stares as neither one dared say a word. The silence overtook them and even the forest seemed to be quiet waiting for one of them to speak. Laughing didn't seem to be enough to satisfy their pain tonight.
"What are we going to do Adrienne?" Hailey managed to croak. She couldn't take the silence any longer. With Chris, silence would have never bothered them, now it seemed to be haunting them in the tree house.
"What can we do? I mean, he's...Gone. That's all there is to it. Gone, forever and ever." Adrienne couldn't believe the words spilling from her mouth. She feared that if she were to hide these feelings from Hailey they could come back to haunt them both later.
"How can you be so honest about it? Do you not care at all?" Hailey asked.
"How dare you Hailey of course I care! I just don't loiter around the false excuses. I cut right to the truth of the matter," Adrienne responded angrily.
Hailey's mouth fell open as she prepared to fire back a reply. Before she spoke a word a rush of cold air blew through the tree house sending shivers up their spines. Neither girl could speak as the air seemed to surround them then left them alone once more. "Did you-" Adrienne began.
"Ya, I felt it," Hailey mumbled slowly as she stared at the white rose there. "He's not gone. Physically sure, but I feel him Adrienne. I feel him in me. Can't you feel him to?"
"Yes, I feel it. Its hard though. Not seeing him. I can't handle it!" Adrienne closed her eyes and laid her head back on the wood as more tears slowly ran down her rosy red cheeks. She moaned for a moment before wiping her tears away and licking her lips. "I don't feel like going home tonight. I'm not ready to face my parents."
Hailey looked up at Adrienne and a smile came to her face. "Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Adrienne merely nodded to Hailey in reply. "This place seems so quiet. I thought we could handle AJ dying, but now Chris to?" Hailey didn't expect Adrienne to answer. Adrienne sat quietly peering down at the pictures scattered across the floor. Hailey walked slowly over to the wall and sighed. The single black rose marked AJ's place in their treehouse. She picked up the remaining roses from the floor and placed them next to AJ's in order. Adrienne's eyes followed Hailey as she placed each rose on the wall.
Hailey stepped back and noticed Chris's flower was a bit tilted. "No matter," she thought to herself. "I like it better like that." She noticed Adrienne still on the floor and walked over, offering her a hand up. Adrienne took it and slowly she rose to her feet. "Come on," Hailey's voice came out a little rough as she let a tear fall down her face once more, "let's make this place more... more comfortable." She smiled weakly to Adrienne who nodded in return.
Silently they worked. All of the pictures' that had been strewn across the floor were placed back on the walls around them with colorful tacks. The blankets and pillows which had been used the night before were layed out on the floor as a bed. Poking two holes in a single white sheet Adrienne placed one corner of the sheet on a piece of wood sticking out from a corner of the tree house. She placed the other end through the hole on another piece of wood in the opposite corner. The white canopy lightly dipped through the tree house just high enough for both girls to be able to stand in. Hailey went to work in creating more light for the two. The sun had began to fall and they had only one light that wasn't bright. Out of a rusty old box from the corner Hailey pulled out two black candles in glass container holders in the corner of the tree house She lit them both and a soft glow filled the tree house Hailey breathed lightly for a moment before nodding to herself. Off the wall she pulled the white and black roses, placing them near the candles.
As Adrienne finished with the roof and Hailey finished with the candles both girls silently sat down in the center of the tree house. Adrienne was the first to speak. Her words flowing uneasily from her mouth as she sat staring into Hailey's eyes. "What's going to happen to us? We're the final two left."
Hailey smiled, "I won't leave you if you don't leave me." She giggled lightly knowing that she could not predict when she would have to die but hoping it wouldn't be in such short time as Chris and AJ.
"Then its a deal. No leaving each other from here on out." Adrienne suppressed a smile as well. "I miss them both. I really do."
Hailey looked away from Adrienne's green eyed gaze and stared at the single white rose next to the now burning candle. "So do I. So do I." Slowly Hailey stood and walked over to the candles. She placed her hand on the white rose and blew out the candle. She walked over to the candle on the other side of the tree house where Aj's rose sat. Before she could blow it out, another gust of wind blew into the tree house, the wind caught the candle and out went the light. Darkness quickly oozed through the room as the girls found there way under the canopy. The moon was visible even under there canopy and this small comfort made Adrienne smile through her pain. Hailey remained unable to get Chris from her mind. Slowly the two girls closed their eyes and fell into a deep sleep.
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

-James 2:19

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

Ginny Weasly

My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

I loves YOUz

Oh my gosh its so freakin sad I almost cried its really good are you going to add more to it?
I wanna get back into this site..
My writing has gone way done hill since I left
and well I miss everybody!

harrypotterfan:)

for the very first time I actually cried reading a fan fiction....so sad...what happens next?!
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

ChoChangHP118

"Goodness Hailey you gonna sleep all day or what?" A smooth deep voice flowed through Hailey's mind as she awoke suddenly. She recognized that voice. She opened her bright brown eyes and as sunlight filled her head she searched to see if what she thought was real. Hailey gasped. Standing in front of her in khaki pants and a black shirt stood a boy with black hair and strong brown eyes. Hailey was dumbfounded. AJ was standing in front of her. "What the-" She began but as she did she heard a noise behind her. Slowly she turned to see another boy wearing khaki pants and a white shirt, his blonde bangs reaching his green eyes. There behind her stood Chris as he tried to fix the candle that had just toppled over thanks to his clumsiness. Glass scattered around the ground at Chris's feet. Now, with the site of Chris as well, Hailey screamed, awakening Adrienne.
"Hailey?" Adrienne mumbled tiredly. AJ smiled as Adrienne awoke.
"Good morning sunshine," AJ said smoothly to Adrienne.   
Adrienne's eyes shot open as she recognized AJ's voice. She yelped like a dog and looked at Hailey unable to speak. Chris chimed in. "Hello girl's." He smiled to them both before continuing, "Don't be scared or anything. Sorry if we did scare you. We just had to see you guys! We don't have long but we just needed to tell you guys that we're always with you." Chris looked at AJ who nodded, his hair shining in the sunlight that seemed to be filling the room with more brightness then usual. Hailey and Adrienne sat on the ground, unable to move or say anything as they watched with utter surprise. AJ and Chris continued, "We'd like to apologize," Chris said after getting no response from the girls. "We hate that we left you like that. We learned that everything happens for a reason though. So I guess it was just our time. We don't want you guys worrying about us, we're in a better place now. We just really need you to go on without us." AJ turned to Chris and nodded.
"That's enough. We can't tell them anymore." AJ seemed tense as his eyes poured over the contents of the tree house with little interest as he stood waiting for Chris to finish.
Chris nodded in return to AJ. "Yes you're right. I just miss them so much." They seemed to be speaking to each other like Hailey and Adrienne weren't even there. Hailey and Adrienne felt like they weren't. The girls were wondering the same thing. How is this possible?They were frightened and yet overjoyed to see their old friends again.
Adrienne was the first to speak of the two of the girls. "Why are you here?"
"To tell you not to worry about us anymore. Not to cry over us. We're in a better place now. That's all that matters. You shouldn't dwell on the past. You need to both learn to forget our deaths." AJ responded. He placed his hands in his pockets and leaned his head slightly to the left staring at the flower that was his on the floor, his hair slid down his forehead.
"How can we forget when it is you guys, the ones we love and the ones we want back more then ever?" Hailey asked. She had finally found words but what she was hearing only angered her.
"You must learn Hailey. Please, know that we are in a better place.. There is nothing to worry about. We are so lucky now it is crazy the things we have, we-"
"Don't tell them anymore!" AJ cut Chris off quickly as he realized Chris was dangerously close to saying to much
Chris jumped slightly but he stopped talking about it. "We must go now, but please guys for us, have amazing lives. Don't forget us but don't be sad over us. We're in a better place." Hailey and Adrienne watched as AJ and Chris waved goodbye and started fading away.
"You beleive that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that-and shudder."

heyyy. greeeeeeat post in the court one!! -Ginny (A Classic just complimented me!)

I loves YOUz

OMG they came back oh my I want them to come back for good... Its sooo sad

that's so cool...interesting twist to the story....I would have been like take me with you....lol
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

Ginny Weasly

*lower lips trembles* Awwwwes....
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

ChoChangHP118

Hailey's eyelids felt the sunshine which was bright in the early morning. She slowly opened her tired eyes. She sat for a moment with her body on her elbows before yawning and looking around. She had had the oddest of dreams last night.
On the other side of her, Adrienne stirred in her sleep and slowly opened her eyes. She sat up looking around just as Hailey, with the same lost expression. "I had the weirdest dream last night." She had taken the words right from Hailey's mouth.
"You had a weird dream. Ha, you should have seen mine," Hailey said.
"Oh yes? Well what was yours about?" Adrienne asked leaning over on her side and looking at Hailey.
Hailey stared at the canopy for a moment before their. "It was about A-" she began before losing the words in her mouth. Out of the corner of her eye she had suddenly seen the candle on the floor that was shattered. The night before it hadn't been, but now, now it had clearly been knocked over. She wondered for a moment how it had happened before swallowing. In what she thought was a dream Chris had knocked the candle over.
Then she remembered, Adrienne noticed Hailey's quietness and deathly look and saw the candle as well. She sat with her mouth open. She slowly turned to Hailey who turned to her. Both of them sat for a moment, realizing that what they had thought was a dream really had happened.
"Chris," both girls said simultaneously just as they spoke a great wind came from no where and swept through the forest blowing off the canopy covering the top of their tree house leaving the girls hidden, alone, and scared.

I loves YOUz

Scary... Sad.. I love it...

Ginny Weasly

My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

you better keep on writing or I will stalk you and make you write more...haha joking

ChoChangHP118

Creeper. That's all I've got to say.
Give it a few days.
I don't want to rush it all out at once...

I loves YOUz

Okay.. I can wait as long as its good!!

ChoChangHP118

Just because I'm nice (and bored) here's a little more to feed you guys.

Later that day, the girls returned home. They barely spoke to there parents, let alone each other. Both of them were thinking the same exact thing, what had they seen? Had it been their emotions toying with their dreams, or had it been real?
By the time night fell when both girls agreed to meet again at the tree house Hailey had given up on the whole thing, simply deciding it was a dream. Adrienne, however, hadn't given up that easily. She had been running it through her mind all day and still could find no excuse for the glass and candle falling over.
They both arrived at the tree house and climbed up the rickety old rope. They sat for a few minutes staring at each other.
Adrienne was the first to speak, "I'll ask it. What was that last night?"
Hailey looked up at her and shook her head. "I don't know what to think."
Adrienne nodded running her black painted fingernails through her straight blonde hair. "I've no idea either. I've tried to convince myself that it was a dream, but at the same time," she peered over to the corner where candle was before continuing, "that candle couldn't have fallen over on its own."
"I give up. Let's just forget about it all. I think maybe it was just, a coincidence. I don't know, either way I'm done talking about it. I can't get them out of my head because of it." Hailey abruptly stood up and stretched looking around. "Its still so quiet." She muttered under her breath.
Adrienne still believed that there was something behind last night but she mentioned it no more. She stood and peered around. "Now what?"
"I was just about to ask you the same thing." Hailey said leaning against the lightly colored wooden wall of the tree house. They stood staring at each other for a few moments before Adrienne reached into the pocket of her jeans and pulled out a lime green bouncy ball.Hailey laughed as Adrienne bounced it once on the ground, catching it her with her right hand.
"Chris's ball." Hailey said watching it with her brown eyes. "How'd you get it?"
"I found it in my room this morning," Adrienne responded letting it drop to the floor once more and watching it as it came back up to her. She noticed Hailey's eyes following it and she smiled lightly, passing it to her. Hailey caught it and passed it back to Adrienne, letting it bounce in the middle of the floor. The girls stood, bouncing the ball between them. Both eyes stayed locked on it as they seemed to be mesmerized by its bounces. Finally, after almost an hour of this game Adrienne caught it one final time and sighed peering down at it in her cold hands. "Good times." She said before placing it back in her pocket.
A yawn came swiftly from Hailey's mouth as she slid down the wall and thumped to the ground "I suppose we should get to sleep now."
Adrienne nodded, her thoughts of the previous night far from her mind. So the girls worked, once again, setting up the canopy and making a bed for the night. Adrienne placed the bouncy ball in a corner of it so she wouldn't lose it while sleeping and sat down leaning against the pillows beside her. Hailey slowly walked over and sat down. She smiled lightly to Adrienne before sighing and laying down. Adrienne turned behind her and picked up a red flash light of her father's that she had thought to bring this time and turning it off she whispered to Hailey, "Goodnight."
Silence took over once more.