News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Looking at the lake

Started by darius, June 30, 2008, 11:27:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darius

Darius sat on the edge of the lake, cross legged, leaning over and looking into the water. He tilted his blond head, leaning forward until his nose almost touched the water. He wore a royal blue t-shirt and khaki shorts, his sneakers were beside him, his socks stuffed inside.
He had no friends here, nobody to talk to. He'd been at Hogwarts for a few months, and basically spent all his time in his room or in classes. Today was possibly the second time he'd not had anything to do during the day. And then he'd decided to go look at the lake.
Literally.
And so the world will end...

Sky

Sky walked along the shore of the lake, her long black hair flowing gently in the light breeze. She wore a black long sleeve shirt with a white t-shirt over it. She had on her favorite faded blue jeans and black converse. She noticed someone sitting along the shore and quietly approached him. "Hi. I'm Sky." She said.

darius

Darius sat up, leaning backwards and looking up at Sky. He smiled, a genuine smile.
"Hi." He said back. He stared at her for a moment, then scrambled to stand up, holding out his hand, "I'm Darius. It's nice to meet you."

He flushed, realizing he probably sounded like a loser.

Sky

She gave him a friendly smile and stretched out her hand to shake his. "It's nice to meet you too. So what house and year are you in?" She asked, starting up a conversation.

darius

Darius put his hands in his pockets after they shook, and grinned at her. "I'm a sixth year, and I'm in Ravenclaw. What about you?"
She seemed nice, and he was careful to keep his answers short, so she wouldn't get bored with him.

Sky

Sky could tell that Darius was a bit shy and smiled. "I'm a sixth year in Gryffindor." She replied just as shortly as he did. She felt a bit shy but shrugged it off.

darius

"Gryffindor, huh?" He paused, "The house of the brave, right?"

He looked towards the forest, "Feel like showing your house colors and taking a walk with me?" He didn't want her to go away. He really wanted a friend.

Sky

"Sure." Sky said. He seemed like a really cool guy and felt like getting to know him. "And your house is of the cunning,  Right?" She asked.

darius

"Yeah, the thinkers of our generation." Darius laughed, reaching down and putting his socks and sneakers on. He was kneeling, tying them as he spoke next, "Though I'd much rather be considered brave than smart."

Sky

"Everyone has a sense of bravery in them. I don't think I deserve the honor of being a Gryffindor though..." She said, pulling her dark black hair into a ponytail and then letting it go back down.

darius

Darius smiled as he stood back up and began to walk, "Well, why not? You seem brave to me."

He laughed, "But then, if I knew what being brave way about, I'd be in Gryffindor, wouldn't I?"

Sky

She grinned. "Perhaps." She said slowly. She followed beside him, talking small gentle steps.

darius

Th walked in silence, and Darius sighed. He looked over at her, "I'm sorry. I'm not used to this. You know..talking to..." He shrugged.

Sky

"Talking to...what?" She asked, looking at him. "Don't apologize." She said, smiling.

darius

"Well, I was going to say girls. But, actually, I'm not used to talking to people in general." He shrugged, then smiled. Happy that she had told him not to apologize.
He was quiet for another moment as they entered the forest.
"I've never been in here before."