News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

practice makes perfect

Started by Astraea, August 11, 2008, 12:52:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astraea

Astraea looked around to make sure no one was around her. She was alone in a small clearing in the forest. She stood at the edge of the clearing and looked at the center.

She raised her hands and closed her eyes and started to concentrate really hard. Suddenly a small fire began to grow. Astraea smiled and stared at it. As it began to grow out of control she pointed her hands and the fire was soon covered with dirt. "Phew" Astraea said tired.

She sat in the grass and looked at the pile of dirt smiling to herself. "That went better then usual" She said to herself.
I'm me and thats all I can be

Ginny Weasly

"You know, playing with fire in the middle of a bunch of trees isn't safe."

The soft voice seemed to come from all around Astraea, as though from the very trees of which it spoke of. But if one looked hard enough, they would see a red head leaning against a tree across the clearing. Ginny smiled at Astraea, shaking her head, "You'd be better to practice such fire nearer to the lake, in case you lose total control."

She wasn't scolding, wasn't yelling. Was simply informing. She pushed off from the tree, her sneakered feet making no noise as she crossed the clearing, walking right over where the fire had been. She held out her hand, sticking the other in her black hoodie pocket.

"I'm Ginny. You are a new student, right?"
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

fudge0604

A voice was to be heard from long away, coming closer.
Albus was up in the treetops, playing a game he just had made.
He stopped, ten trees away from the girls, wanting to take a little break.
Panting, he looked back. The self-invented games rules was to make ice bridges, going from one branch, to another.

Nearly all of the trees behind him had a bridge on one of their top branches, going to another tree right next to it. " This is fun! Making a chunk of ice on your feet, then being lifted up front as the bridge is made from one end to another, then continuing like that fast, going from top to top! Gonna do it many times from now!"

Albus grinned, feeling happy as he made another bridge, being lifted up in the air, then landing.
Practising his element got him to feel all warm inside.

Suddenly, Albus was interrupted from his own world, by hearing voices near him.

You know, playing with fire in the middle of a bunch of trees isn't safe.

It didn't take long for him to recgonize the voice. He started to climb down from the braches, then jumped as he was at the lowest branch, hitting the ground with a, SHOMP! 

Ginny was standing with her back to him. There was a girl there that Albus hadn't seen before.
Wanting to get a talk with a friend, and maybe get a new friend also, he approached the two girls,
saying, " Hello!" As he was nearly with them. He waved, and smiled.

Post Potter depression.

Astraea

Astraea looked all around looking for the voice. When she saw Ginny comming near her she relaxed a little bit. "I thought that there would be a lot of people would be at the lake" She said and stood up as Ginny stopped infront of her. "I don't like it when people watch me. It makes me really nervous" she said. "But I should have stayed closer to it" she said.

Astraea wiped her hands on her skirt and shoke Ginnys hand. "Nice to meet you Ginny, and yes I am new" she said smiling. "My name is Astraea" she added quickly.

Astraea took a step back when the boy landed behind Ginny. "H-hi" Astraea said looking at the kid. "Whats your name?" she asked. "I'm Astraea"

Ginny Weasly

Ginny turned around as Albus landed, smiling at him and giving him a small nod.
"Hiya Albus." She said to the younger boy. She turned back to Astraea and nodded slightly.

"It's nice to meet you too, Astraea." She told the girl politely. Ginny's eyes narrowed suddenly as her eyes went to the nearly translucent wings stemming from Astraea's back.
Ginny's brown eyes went from the wings to Astraea's face.
"Fairy wings?" She murmured softly.
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

fudge0604

Albus smiled, and replied, " I'm Albus. Albus Severus Potter. "
He felt great. The weather was okay, not to warm, but warm then again, and Albus had finally
learned how to be out in the warmth without having serious problems.
A good feeling was sweeping over him. A new start was coming, and now, things was going to go much better. He couldn't wait for the winter, and the cold, making his powers return completely.

"Fairy wings?

Albus looked around with big eyes curious eyes, looking at Ginny, then at Astrea.
~Fairy Wings?~ This confused Albus, but he didn't want to say anything.

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

The snow leopard was on the roof again, looking at the starts when she saw a girl she didn`t know walk inot the forest. That was the third person. She stood up and jumped offf the roof, heading towards the forest. In a few minutes, she saw Albus making ice bridges. The she saw him stop and jump down. She stalked behind him and watched what was going on.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Astraea

Astraea stood there smiling until she noticed Ginnys eyes. Astraea watched Ginnys eyes travel to her wings. As soon as Ginny said 'Fairy wings' Astraea hurriedly tucked her wings into her back. "Yeah" she said softly. Astraea felt Albus's eyes look around.

She slowly let all of her wings out. They were a few feet from the ground and the top of them were slightly towered over her head. "I'm a fairy" she said pointing out the obbivous. "I guess you have a few of us here" she said hopeing that there were more like her at Hogwarts.

potter_fan122

When the snow leopard saw the wings, she stepped out from behind Albus.

Ginny Weasly

Surprisingly, Ginny's smile was back, this time wider.
She shook her head, "No, not at Hogwarts."

But she continued smiling, "But your wings are so...fragile looking." She said softly. Ginny was inspecting them furiously, the whole time grinning like a crazy person, before she finally let out a laugh.
"They are so...delicate..."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

Stacey noticed that the large, white snow leopard hadn`t been seen, but she didn`t really care. She was also inspecting the wings that looked so fragile.

Astraea

Astraea felt out of place. "People said there would be some like me here" she said. "Thats one of the reasons I came to Hogwarts." Astraea to a moment thinking. "All the girls at Beauxbatons made me feel out of place there to" she added.

"Maybe being the only fairy here would be kind if fun" she said now thinking about it. "Because you know with more then just girls, maybe people don't judge as much" she said smiling a little.

"They look fragile they feel like it to" she said as Astraea touched her wings. "But they can go through a lot more then you would think" she added.

fudge0604

Albus smiled to her, not wanting to make her uncomfortable.
He too, was special. His blue skin had made many people tease him,
so he knew what being different was.

" First time ever to see a fairy. How is it to really really fly?" Albus was carried away.
He had always dreamed of really flying. Flying up in the skies, being totally free.

Post Potter depression.

Ginny Weasly

"Didn't you ask Cody the same question once?" Ginny asked Albus, laughing softly. She shook her head, looking back at Astraea.

"You'll be fine here at Hogwarts, Astraea." Ginny confirmed, "Few will discriminate against you."
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

potter_fan122

The snow leopard turned into Stacey Black. Who was also smiling. She wanted to make Astraea less uncomfortable. "Ummm, hi." She said quietly.