News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Random act of Kindness

Started by potter_fan122, August 27, 2008, 06:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

"Nate, just stop!" Stacey exclaimed, finally unable to keep the tears in her eyes. They streamed down her cheeks silently. "Just... stay here... and come find me in ten minutes. Okay?" She asked, her voice serious, strained, and a little sad and frustrated.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

nate

He looked up at her,"Okay, ten minutes." He walked backwards,"Ill be back." He turned and walked away, leaving her to herself
i dont suffer from insanity...i enjoy every minute of it

potter_fan122

Stacey watched Nate leave and just stood there for thirty seconds, drying her tears. Then she turned on her heel and ran. It wasn`t a lope or a jog. It was a flat out, long-distance run. She was fast for not using any of her powers to help her along. She just ran, weaving ehr way between trees like she could have done if she was blindflded.

Ten minutes later, she was lying on her stomach deep in the woods, her face dry of tears. Her head was to the side, looking in the opposite way she knew Nate would be coming from. She just... couldn`t deal with him right now, but she knew she would have been pushing it if she asked for more time.

nate

Nate layed against a tree, counting one by one until ten minutes was over. He tried to give her as much time but it kept on getting harder and harder every second. He moved swiftly through the trees, knowing she wasnt in the same spot. He was by her side in a heartbeat. He sat on the ground and picked her up, holding her against his chest. He never said anything, waiting for her to b ready to talk.

potter_fan122

Stacey closed her eyes as Nate cradled her against his chest. She felt her hands go up around his neck. Her eyes shifted to a darker color. After a few minutes, she spoke.

"Nate," Her voice was hoarse, "Nate... I`m so sorry. this just isn`t fair for me to make you go through this. I... I love Aiden, I do. More than anything else I`ve ever know. But I love you. It isn`t the same, though. It`s... hard to explain, and I just don`t want to hurt you. And don`t say anything about it being okay because I know it`s not." Her voice broke as she spoke.

"You should hate me. You shouldn`t be doing this for me. You should... never want to see me again." She said, trying to pull away from his arms. Every word she said was true, and she hoped he could tell.

nate

Nate stared down at her. His face serious,"Ok..its not okay. Your right about that part. But Stacey i know that you love Aiden more than me and i accept that. The thing i dont accept is you blaming yourself."
"And i would never hate you so dont ever get that in your head. I love you, but i know you dont love me the same way." His eyes sparkled as he looked up at the sky.

potter_fan122

Stacey froze. She just didn`t know what to say to that. She did love Nate, but when he touched her and spoke to her... it was just different than when Aiden did.

She rested her arms around his neck and hugged herself to him. Fresh tears started to pour down her face.

nate

Nate hugged her back, knowing she was crying. He didnt know what to do so he didnt say anything.

potter_fan122

Stacey cried solently for a few minutes before whispering in a soft voice, her words breaking every now and then.

"Nate, why don`t you hate me?" She asked him. She turned her head so her eyes met his.