News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

An Almost Cinderella Story

Started by potter_fan122, October 5, 2008, 08:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Amy floated down the staircase to the main hall. She looked around at her familiar mansion, the one she grew up in. She would be leaving soon to get married to her betrothed, Jack. Jack was a sweet guy, but he was boring. He was the king`s son, but he wasn`t going to inherit the crown. They had been betrothed when they were both about seven years old. Amy`s father, Arthur McMillan, was a wealthy man, and worked with the High Court.
She flipped her long, blonde hair over her shoulder and walked outside, where a carriage was waiting to take her to the palace. "Amy, dear, pick up your dress before you get the hem dirty." Amy`s father said. Amy sighed and picked up her dress so it wouldn`t drag in the dirt.

When she arrived at the castle, guards and servants welcomed her, ushering her in. The hall just inside the door was very large; the far wall a colorful design of stained glass. Amy took a few steps into the hall as the guards spoke to her father. The hall was quite beautiful, light and airy, but it had a feeling of darkness in it. Her attention was taken away from the scenery because a short man walked up to her.
Amy had to laugh, she couldn`t help it, she knew the man was around fifty, but he was so short. She herself was only seventeen, and a good foot taller than him. The man shuffled his feet and made a wheezing noise. "Excuse me, but if you don`t mind, please follow me." He turned and started to walk away, he stopped when Amy didn`t follow. "Young lady, this is a very serious matter. You are the betrothed of a very honorable man, so please come this way so we can get some measurements." He started walking again and Amy followed. Great, She thought to herself. I`m going to get measured for some fancy dresses.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."