News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

The Voices

Started by potter_fan122, October 5, 2008, 12:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Stacey shook as she paced back and forth across the common room. She was shaking violently, her arms wrapped around herself tightly. "I`m not crazy." She told herself, her voice shaky and uneven. "I`m not crazy. Peple hear voices all the time." She added. She had grown up in a Muggle community, and when people heard voices, they were thought of as crazy. Her hands shook as she gripped the back of the couch. There they were again. She could hear them. the voices, all around her, whispering to her. She jumped as someone opened the door.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

LavyBrown

Lavy was walking into the common room, ready for a nice long nap after a hectic week around the school and at work. But she stopped dead in her tracks, looking at Stacey and she shook. It too her a moment to recover.

"Stacey..." she asked running over to her side. Lavy pulled her hands away from the couch and took her to a chair so that she could sit down, "What's wrong?"
Don't do it behind the garden gate, love is blind but the neighbours ain't!
Can I get your picture? I collect nature disasters.
Whoever said nothing's impossible never tried to slam a revolving door.
I must confess, I was born at a very early age

potter_fan122

Stacey sank into the chair Lavy had led her to. "I... I hear things. Voices." Her hands shook as she gripped the arms of the chair. "They are talking to me. Lavy, what`s happening to me?" She looked at Lavy with great fear in her eyes.

LavyBrown

"Nothings happening to you. Nothing bad anyways. Your powers are becoming stronger is all. Don't be scared, Stacey. You have nothing to fear. It's can come as a shock but you'll learn to get in under control soon enough." Lavy was rubbing her back in a comforting way, trying to calm her down.

potter_fan122

Stacey loosened her grip on the chair`s arms at leaned back in the chair. "But why all of a sudden?" She asked. "I mean, it just started happening. And... and the things the voices say-" She shuddered, not finishing her sentence.

LavyBrown

"I now they can be...very vulgar a lot. But I think what's happening is that you're power is strong enough now to allow the voice to come in. It's just like a dam. The water keeps pounding away until one day it breaks and that's when it starts."

potter_fan122

Stacey looked at Lavy with teary eyes. "What they say, it`s... disturbing." She mumbled. "Do you think I could talk to them?"

LavyBrown

Lavy shoo her head, sadly, "It's a one way street in the begining. Once it gets stronger you can talk to them but they don't ever listen. All you can do really is block them out."

potter_fan122

"But, if I said something, that made them want to listen, would they?" She asked.

LavyBrown

"Sometimes you can get one or two to listen. But once they get tired of what you're saying they'll go back to the way they' were/"

potter_fan122

Stacey sighed. "Okay, then what can I do?"

LavyBrown

"Just keep developing your powers and soon you'll be able to keep them out."

potter_fan122

Stacey went into a trace, she was listening to one of the voices. It sounded different from the rest. "You can`t run from me, child. You can`t escape." It said. Stacey looked up at Lavy. "Did, did you here it?"

LavyBrown

Ginny Weasly

"Unfortunately. There are even a select few of us who are able to not only hear the voices, but to hear beyond them and delve into what each one means."

Ginny appeared, but so subtlety that it seemed she had been there all along. A trick she had indeed learned from her husband. She was in jeans and a t-shirt, looking as relaxed as Stacey was upset. Her vibrant red hair fell in soft waves about her face, but did nothing to help her over tired eyes. They seemed almost dull with lack of sleep as she turned them on Stacey.

"The best thing to hope for is that you can stay sane enough each month while rebuilding the mental block that is essential to everyone who can hear those things."

The red head nodded curtly to Lavy, almost as if she were dismissing her now. She wasn't, in fact she was thanking her for reacting quickly to Stacey. Ginny had aways been the expert on psychic powers, ever since her brother Ron had taught her. And then she had taught Lavy and Sarah and a few others. It seemed only right that in Ginny's place, Lavy was there.

But it also seemed right that Ginny be there. She understood the human mind in ways that few people did. She couldn't explain how or why, she just did.
Her eyes met Stacey's, "Do they scare you?" She asked gently.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret