News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Quick Blurb

Started by Ginny Weasly, October 22, 2008, 06:59:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ginny Weasly

"The Book of Enoch..." When his mother had handed him the book earlier that day, he had been vuagly angry with her. He'd said that she never told him anything, especially about before he was born. He knew nothing of his mother when she had been a child. A teenager.

He'd heard the stories. From both sides. In one hand, she was angelic in nature. Kind, sweet, loving. She'd have done anything for anyone. In the other, she was demonic. Able to kill without blinking an eyelash. Perfectly okay with the idea of death.
One thing everyone had always agreed upon had been her beauty and brains. Her power, they said, was strong. Not as powerful as some, but for a normal child born from a normal family, she was astounding.

But he knew so little of her in reality. And she didn't like to talk about it much. He'd asked her about his father, but she had only retold him the story of when they'd fell in love. He didn't know his parents. It wounded him.

Cody could read people. He was an analyzer, a thinker. Simply by watching someone for a moment, he could tell what they were like. He knew if their intentions were good, or bad. He could guess what they would do next.
He could do that with everyone.

Except his parents.

Now, he sat cross legged in his backyard. The leather clad book he had in his lap was part of the Old Testament. The Bible. Enoch was supposedly the great grandfather of Noah. Cody struggled with his lessons in Christianity mythicism. Noah was the man who built the Ark under God's command.
Why had God commended this? Because a flood...a flood to destroy the evil that had wrought the world, was on it's way. 40 days and 40 nights and blah blah blah.

Cody reverted his attention to the book.

His mom had said, "When you are done reading this, come find me. I'll tell you something you won't find out from anyone, Angel."

He opened the book, skimming it lightly and frowning. The first part, called the Book of the Watchers.
The Watchers? Cody's mouth twisted into a thin smile. Watchers, huh?
Sounded....perverted.

Cody shook his head, returning to the words before him. The Watcher's were given a proper name; The Grigori.

Angels sent down from heaven to protect the children of Adam.

Cody furrowed his brow, the connection coming slowly. Angels, sent to Earth...slowly he began to read aloud.

"When men began to multiply on earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw how beautiful the daughters of man were, and so they took for their wives as many of them as they chose. Then the Lord said: "My spirit shall not remain in man forever, since he is but flesh. His days shall comprise one hundred and twenty years." At that time the Nephilim appeared on earth (as well as later), after the sons of God had intercourse with the daughters of man, who bore them sons. They were the heroes of old, the men of renown."

Something clicked and Cody jumped up, the book falling from his lap. He found he was breathing hard. A memory, hallow and soft touched his mind.

"That's just it. 'Angel'. Momma says we're 'Fallen angels', but... Fallen? We fell down"
"It's an old legend, the origin of the term, in this world anyway, lies in the Hebrew word for 'giants'. The Hebrew word translated from giants is 'nephilim', a plural, which itself comes from the root word Naphal, an infinitive which means 'to fall'."

Cody backed up. His breath coming irregularly. He felt like he would faint. He swallowed hard, trying to keep himself upright. And then his mother was at his side, kneeling and pulling him into her lap while she kissed his face.

"Angel, it's alright. Take even breaths, sweetie..." Ginny's cool hand ran through his dark hair and Cody struggled to do as he was told.

"Mom...what am I?" He turned his horrified eyes to her. A Nephilim...the reason God destroyed mankind with that flood. Leaving only Noah and his family. He shuddered and Ginny puled him closer.

"You are my son." She said strongly and Cody looked up. Ginny smiled, tightly. "Cody, understand this. When I was pregnant with you, when your father left, I was obsessed with knowing all I could about the Fallen. I didn't know what you would be like. I wasn't sure...that you would be anything remotely human...anything with a soul. I didn't even know if you would kill me the moment you were born." Her voice caught, "I read that...and decided that I was going to love you no matter what. That I would do whatever it took, if only for you. I am your mother, you are my son. You are not what this book describes. You are an angel descent from Heaven. You are Xerxes Codium Xian."

Cody struggled with himself, "But what does this have to do...with what I wanted to know about you?"

Ginny sighed, "You only wish to know about me and your dad because you want to know about yourself. You want to understand....you want to understand something that no one does."

Cody realized with a jerk that she was right. Although it would be cool to know what his parents were truly like, he had been curious for himself. His cheeks tainted with red, and he looked away.
"Actually," He muttered, "This does say something about you."

Ginny gave him a puzzled look, to which Cody replied, "It shows that you may not be perfect, but you do what you can for those you love."

Now it was Ginny's turn to flush.

Written in a burst of creativity! There is nothing to follow this...it was just a thought.
Lemme know what you thought.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Sky

((Bump. I really really liked this one. Good job.))

Xaver

LOVE THIS.

-does a giddly happy dance of AWESOMENESS-
"Odi et amo."

Hazy Haven; ST. LUTHOR IS NOW OPEN!
click here

Ginny Weasly

Thank you guys. That makes me feel really good.  :)
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

fudge0604

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

Really great! I love reading your stories, and I love this one too!   >:(

Ginny Weasly

Thank you, thank you. Haha. =)
My motivation

My dedication
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

dobby888

I wish there was something to follow this, but I suppose I could busy myself with writing my own fan fic...