News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Say what's on your mind.

Started by Miss Xantier, December 1, 2008, 08:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

:P
I don`t hate everyone. Just most of them.
=)
And I know I`m awesome.
Just ask Albus, who owes me a visit, still!
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

fudge0604

I'm telling you, I will visit you when I take one of my college years in the US!
: D
I want to meet Ginny, Sky, Jessie, and Staceys. Those are the ones I came u with right now, I really do want to meet all of you.
------

Just finished Dan Brown - The lost symbol.
I thought it was awesome, and it really just made me so much more... atheist. ahahahah.
:D

Post Potter depression.

Sky

You're an athiest Albus?
And I'd like to meet all of you too!
I almost met Avalee! But sadly I couldn't get to where she was that day.

Miss Xantier

And nobody wants to meet me.... Oh well. I can get used to being ignored or disliked.

I'm bored. Jonas LA premiers on Friday and AVPS on Thursday.

Sky

Isabelle, nobody said they didn't want to meet you. It's just that Ginny, Albus, Jessie, Stacey, and I sort of "grew up together" on this site. Like...we're kinda oldies and know each other a lot better. I'd meet you if I could.

Ginny Weasly

I'd like to meet a few of you. :)

I like Dan Brown's books, but you have to remember he is a FICTION writer and he's only using myths and legends he's heard to write his books.
However, the response the religious community had convinced me to stay agnostic...
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

purpleraincloud

Quote from: Sky on July 21, 2010, 12:43:48 AM
You're an athiest Albus?
And I'd like to meet all of you too!
I almost met Avalee! But sadly I couldn't get to where she was that day.

Grrrrrr.
----------------------------
I am TIRED!
I loves RPing, but staying in depressed character mode is hard when I am so happy!

I can't believe we had a fight! The second time I talk to him in over two months and I screwed it up already. No wonder he hates me. Over share??? UH---YEAH!! I only wish I could apologize, but alas I can't. Then I would be even more pathetic!
Wow.
Just...
Wow.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Sky

I hope her surgery goes well.
I miss him.
I want our relationship to last, but I'm starting to doubt it and I really don't want to doubt it.
Sam wants a penpal. Like...ten of them. But old fashioned.
Sam also wants to play Kingdom Hearts, but its a bit late to get started. I would probably play if I didn't have to get up so early.

potter_fan122

I have ten fingers and ten toes.
I have some fruit punch stuff and no caffiene.
O_O
Ehbleh.

Sky

Can you people like...click on my eggs? Hahahaha.

potter_fan122

fudge0604

Quote from: Miss Xantier on July 21, 2010, 03:58:10 AM
And nobody wants to meet me.... Oh well. I can get used to being ignored or disliked.

Isabelle, the reason I didn't mention was that if I'd mention everybody I wanted to meet, the list would be immensely long. : )

Yes Ginny, but at the start of the book, it claims that all science, artwork and places are real.
Whatever, it just gave me another perspective of how little we humans know and how much we rely on higher forces when we can't explain something.
: )
Well, I do not think I'm completely atheist. I'm just against religion, and I think that it's bogus.
And of course, a "tollbooth" to heaven.
Have you guys considered how many people are bound by their own religion?
Yesterday, we passed some beggars. One of them had some religious dressings.
In that specific religion, women do not get education, and they can not be independent.
That beggar woman had a child on her lap. If that specific woman's parents had not been Muslims, she may have had an education, she may have had a roof over her head.

Post Potter depression.

Ginny Weasly

Well Albus, religion is not all bad. It gives people hope, and helps many develop a sense of morals. Faith in something is sometimes the only reason people keep going on with life.
However, as with anything you will have extremists...fundamentalists, they are called. They take the word of their God (such as the Bible or the Koran) very literally. More importantly they focus on only one aspect, ignoring all others.
A good example is the universal 'golden rule'; "Treat others as you would like to be treated."
This is in most religious texts (though written differently) and yet may religions hold grudges against gays, women, children, or those of other religions or minorities.
Yet another example of fundamentalism is some of the Christians who oppose abortion...they claim they are 'pro-life' and yet they bomb abortion clinics, killing everyone inside, or they murder abortion performing doctors. How can these people be so for life and yet completely willing to kill to get there way?
What I'm saying is, religion is like everything in this world. It's awesome until you let it take over your entire life.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

HamandCheese

Quote from: Miss Xantier on July 21, 2010, 03:58:10 AM

I wanna meet you.
Dan Aykroyd Fans http://elwoodjake.proboards.com/index.cgi

Top on google search (Or second from the top)

[

Which is Bucky?? You decide.

purpleraincloud

Quote from: Ginny Weasly on July 21, 2010, 09:50:11 PM
Well Albus, religion is not all bad. It gives people hope, and helps many develop a sense of morals. Faith in something is sometimes the only reason people keep going on with life.
However, as with anything you will have extremists...fundamentalists, they are called. They take the word of their God (such as the Bible or the Koran) very literally. More importantly they focus on only one aspect, ignoring all others.
A good example is the universal 'golden rule'; "Treat others as you would like to be treated."
This is in most religious texts (though written differently) and yet may religions hold grudges against gays, women, children, or those of other religions or minorities.
Yet another example of fundamentalism is some of the Christians who oppose abortion...they claim they are 'pro-life' and yet they bomb abortion clinics, killing everyone inside, or they murder abortion performing doctors. How can these people be so for life and yet completely willing to kill to get there way?
What I'm saying is, religion is like everything in this world. It's awesome until you let it take over your entire life.
I very much agree with Ginny on this one.

I am a very liberal person. I am not confused about my political standing at all. Most people say to me religion and politics have nothing to do with one another. And while I think that the church has no place in politics, I do believe that one must choose a church that agrees with their political beliefs.

Let me explain a bit. I am a very liberal, young girl, so yeah people don't listen to me. But one of the things I love about my parents is that they don't make my sister and I go to church, although they were both raised strict Catholic. They let me choose my own path. Which in my state means a lot, because the first questions children ask each other when meeting are name, age, grade, and 'What church do you go to?' When i first moved her my friends would always invite me to youth events at their church, and sometimes regular mass. I always decided not to go, not really sure why. I think I might have been scared of it.

And there are reasons why I should. My best friend in grade 3-7 told me I was going to hell because I didn't attend church like her. And she also called me a wh*re of an atheist. This was in like, 5th grade. But I would always forgive her, and let it go. Even though she would never apologize.

My first best friend, before I moved to the state I am currently in, was very conservative and very religious. I went over to her house once and said 'Oh My God!' and her mom had a long talk with me about never saying that again. I am still in touch with her, and her parents still won't let her watch or read Harry Potter.

So when I want to have a religion someday, cause I don't really want one right now (I prefer to stay agnostic for the moment) it will have to be a church that doesn't let priests off the hook when they harm little children, belives God loves gay people, and believes that abortion needs to happen sometime. That's what I believe in.

So I can't be a Baptist, at least not in the state I'm living in, no Catholic for me, the closest I come to is Unitarian. And there is one church in my area. I'm debating whether or not to try it.

So anyway. End rant.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away