News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Checkered and Chipped

Started by potter_fan122, March 29, 2009, 09:50:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Stacey sat on the floor of the common room, her knees folded under herself. Still in her school uniform, she had small, irregular pieces of parchment all around her. Each piece of paper had a small symbol on it, and each had a purpose. Most of the pieces had a check, but others had the word "chipped" written.

Stacey picked up a piece every now and then, only to place it somewhere else and pick up another piece.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

XLiberatorX88

Matt came into the common room that evening breathing a bit hard because he just came in from taking a run out in the forest. He was wearing an old long-sleeved sweatshirt,a pair of gold athletic shorts, and some old Nike running shoes. When he stepped into the common room he saw a girl sitting on the floor and looking at these pieces of paper. Matt was shy, but his curiosity could not be held in so he sort of bust out"Uhh...hello there my name is Matt I don't think we've met yet have we,?"Matt felt like a fool and felt his face getting hot and was probably turning red.
Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end

potter_fan122

Stacey looked up to the newcomer, her eyes her "natural" brown. "Hello, no, I don`t think we`ve met. I`m Stacey Black. Seventh year." She smiled sweetly, her clear voice making the words sound like a soft caress.

As she glanced down to the paper again, her thick eyelashes folded over her eyes. As she glanced back up to Matt, her eyes burned brillliant gold. "And you don`t have to worry about me, I won`t attack you or anything." She said softly, winking quickly and her diamond ring flashed from her left hand.

XLiberatorX88

Matt winced when the ring shined in his eye. He almost thought she was engaged, but that thought soon faded away and and got back to his other question's."Well hello Stacey Black it's nice to meet you,"Matt said,"and if you don't mind my asking what are those papers your looking at,?"

Miss Xantier

Isabelle came into the common room in a pink dress and pink flats, and she noticed the two people she didn't expect to see in the common room and thought that they must of came back faster then the others. Then Isabelle says "Hi Matt, Stacey. How are you guys doing?"  she was happy that she wouldn't be alone in the common room.

potter_fan122

Stacey couldn`t help but smile as Matt thought Stacey was engaged. She was, in fact, and getting married in little more than two months. "These papers will eventually finish out a spell we have to present for Trans class." She explained shortly, hearing footsteps.

She nodded when Isabelle entered. "Hey." She quickly moved a few more papers.

XLiberatorX88

"Oh I see I've just had a couple of Transfiguration classes, but so far it's been pretty cool," Matt said. Matt was thinking about his friends that he had made and how much more they were advanced than him."So what does this spell do?" Matt asked Stacey.

uglycupcakes

(assuming this is open to all.. i'd like to join.. if i can't i'll just delete my post)
Izzy walked towards the griffindor common room. She knew she should start studying for an upcoming potions quiz but procrastinating just sounded like more fun. As she stepped through the portrait hole she saw three people she didn't really know. She recognized one girl, because they shared the same name, but not the other two. She figured making friends was a good idea so she said "Hi! I'm Isabelle, but go by Izzy!"

dobby888

(I'm assuming also... I'll also just delete if I'm not welcome... just say the word!)

Leah's keen ears picked up her cousins familiar voice easily from where she sat in her room.  She stood up and walked down to where she was.

"Hey guys! What's up?"  She waved with one hand while the other stayed in the back pocket of her freshly cut jean shorts.  She looked down at Stacey's odd configuration of paper.  She tilted her head, wondering if she was at a bad angle.

potter_fan122

((LIVE PEOPLE! Welcome! Yes you can stay. I`m not one to throw you out unless you can`t post.))

Stacey smiled at Matt. She could feel his wonder and resentment. "Eventually, these pieces of paper should--" Her words were cut off when the other girl walked into the room. Izzy. She had seen her in passing, but didn`t really know her well.

"Hey." She greeted as she moved the papers more. Her ears twitched as she felt Leah`s essence coming closer. She couldn`t help but smile to herself; Leah`s presence was demanding, and she felt it instantly. "Hi, Leah." She said, turnind her head so she could beem up at her vampire friend.

XLiberatorX88

Matt turned around as he saw two people he didn't know, but Stacey did apparently. For now he just kind of ignored them and asked Stacey,"So what were you saying about your spell Stacey?"Matt asked. Matt then said"Hello uh...Leah is it?",he then turned to the other one and asked,"So what is your name?"Matt asked giving her a half smile. 

dobby888

"Yeah it's Leah, but you can call me gorgeous!" She joked, sitting across from Stacey.  She looked at the papers.  "These make a spell?" She asked, watching Stacey move them around.

uglycupcakes

Izzy walked over to where they were sitting and said, "Want some help!?" She didn't exactly know what they were doing, but figured it would be kind to ask.  She sat down cross legged and then tied her blond hair up into a pony tail and the base of her neck and then began braiding the long mane of hair.

dobby888

Leah looked at the papers.  "How are you supposed to decide where they go?"  She asked, also planning to help.  She too pulled her hair back, but it was short, so she put half up, and then put in a headband.  Once she knew what to look for, she didn't think this puzzle would be hard.  She liked to think.

Miss Xantier

Isabelle just watched as people started crowding around Stacey and Matt as they started helping Stacey with her spell, Isabelle grabbed her History of Magic, and started reading about the Second Wizarding War.