News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Religous beliefs

Started by Dobby_ROX, April 25, 2009, 01:28:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dobby_ROX

No fighting.......

Tell us about your religous beleifs I personaly don't have a religion (I used to though)

Seth Lockhart

I am a Christian. I've been hearing a lot of people criticizing me by using the evolution card , but now I'm thinking maybe God planned Evolution. Maybe he started it all that way.
Axel

Seth

dobby888

I'm Christian too. I also agree. I think that God created the big bang, and so created the world.  It's my own personal mix of Faith and Science!  ;D ;D ;D

Dobby_ROX

I used to be a Christian but now I just believe that Universes keep on popping up everywhere because the Universe keeps on expanding (The expanding bit is 100% true though0

Sky

I don't listen to Scientists about Religion. In our history books, they treat Jesus like an idea. A myth. They keep trying to prove he doesn't exist and say we're related to monkeys. That may be true, but perhaps God intended for that?

You know how they say a rainbow is like all these light things or whatever? And the bible said it's God's promise? Maybe God intended for it to work out like that.

Sorry. I get worked up over this because my friend is an atheist and says things to me about stuff.

Dobby_ROX

Yes acording to Christiansit was Gods promise and acorrding to Christians God made the rainbow scientifaclly so don't get to worked up the lights are true.

Miss Xantier

protestant. Don't go to church...

MrBing

Ginny Weasly

Quote from: Sky on April 26, 2009, 08:40:31 AM
I don't listen to Scientists about Religion. In our history books, they treat Jesus like an idea. A myth.

Except everyone will agree that Jesus of Nazareth did indeed exist. He was a real person, there is no doubt. What is questioned is whether or not he was the son of God and had divine powers.

As for myself, I'm what is called Agnostic. It means I believe in some deity, but not in any specific religion. It also means that I have my own set of beliefs, different from many others. I tend to be more sympathetic to the Christian ideas, but that's only because I was raised as such.
I'm perfectly willing to explain anything more in-depth if anyone cares, but I don't suggest taking anything I say as fact for all agnostics.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

uglycupcakes

My religious beliefs are strong and what i live my life by.
I am Roman Cathlic and very proud of it. I believe in the Bible but don't take it too literally. I am actively involved in our youth group and took theology classes at a esteemed school of theology this summer. Its basically my life. My religion is as huge part of my life, I go to church every Sunday.
It helps me determine my friends, how i act, who i date, and where i'm planning on attending college (a catholic university). But, its hard for me to explain exactly what i believe especially on a internet site.
I am being confirmed in two weeks and i cannot wait!
I know religion isn't for everyone and that's cool.

Sky

Like... I'm a Christian, but not the hardcore shove it in your face kind of Christian. I haven't read an entire book of the bible, I don't frequently visit church, but I do go to Youth Group sometimes.

I don't follow Buddhism, but Buddha is so cute! XD There's a statue of him in the Chinese Restaurant we always go to.

potter_fan122

Agnostic. Heard too much, read too much. I love Buddha, too! I`m a mix of everything. I`m special.

;) ;D
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Dobby_ROX

QuoteI'm what is called Agnostic

Yeah that's sort of like me.

dobby888

I would like to hear more about what Ginny believes... I love hearing about other religions as long as they're presented in a calm matter... I also think that Buddha is adorable!

Dobby_ROX

He's fat LOL

Well I am a person who doesn't really care how the world was created but I believe in many throes *Sp*