News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

<Breathe>

Started by potter_fan122, July 16, 2009, 07:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

((Open, but please make a longer post.))

The grounds were dark and quiet. You could only see a sliver of the moon, so it didn`t provide much light, and the clouds covered most of the stars. A restless wind blew, making the leaves and bushes rustle against each other. But everything sounded muffled to Stacey, like she had cotton in her ears.

She stood with her back pressed against the school, the cool stone raising small bumps on her arms. She looked out towards the trees with dark brown eyes. She wore denim shorts and a short-sleeved red shirt. Her brown hair was pulled back into a pony tail. She didn`t have shoes. Her chest rose and fell with her breathing; she was breathing reather quickly for someone who was standing still.

After a few moments of just looking, she took a few steps forwards, letting the cold grass run over her feet. She took a deep breath. The air smelled fresh. Clean. She took another breath and started jogging towards the trees of the forest. In seconds, she was in a flat out run.

She didn`t really know why she ran, but it just felt like the right thing to do. She weaved through the trees without hardly thinking about it, her steps long and quick. She was faster than a lot of the people she knew. She could run for a long time, but she had had time to build her endurance. Knowing how to run quickly meant that you could run from bad people faster.

Not that she knew of any bad people that were curantly at Hogwarts. She just needed to run. Needed to feel the air rush in and out of her lungs until it hurt. She needed to feel free.

Her powers made her feel trapped inside herself. That was the only way she could explain how she felt. She needed to run, because running helped. She didn`t need magic to run, and that made Stacey feel confident. Anyone could run, but not everyone could use magic. Everyone could breathe, but not everyone could enjoy it.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

fudge0604

Albus sat in the top of a tree, the night still young. Inner harmony, complete silence. Tranquility.

His skin, was now colored a pale white, as to the sun's exposure to his skin. It was weird, as he'd been so used to his light blue skin, that he had to take a second look everytime he passed a mirror. Sitting on an ice plate, he sat in the lotus position.
Meditation, and yoga was something he'd taken up when he started with Judo, and other martial arts. His body was well trained, and he enjoyed it, being able to see some defined muscles, being able to run more, and have more fun.

Breathing slowly in, and then out again, he felt the cold night air brush against his skin. The stars lighted the sky. The moon shone brilliantly. A warm feeling filling him from top to toe.

His powers crushed inside him. Since he'd started to notice his affinity for ice, he'd always been marveled. Wasn't aware that such power rested inside of him, unable to comprehend, that he a thirteen year old boy, equaled most elementalists.

Surrealistic, that the he was sitting here now, whilst so many things happened around him. People dieing, being born, praying, fighting, crying. And it was little he could do, he'd noticed that a long time ago.

~ I want to change things! I don't want to be forgotten as nobody, I want to be somebody! ~

Heavy steps reached his ears, interrupting his nightly activity.

Albus dissolved the ice mat he was sitting on, and jumped down, from branch to branch. The leaves brushed against eachother.

" Hello? "
Peculiar, he opened his mouth, as he sensed someone familiar. Or atleast, he knew who they were.

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

The colder air of the night hit Stacey`s lungs with a certain sharpness that you can only get from running and running hard. She loved to run. When you ran the way she did, you couldn`t think about other things, you just had to concentrate on breathing.

~ I want to change things! I don't want to be forgotten as nobody, I want to be somebody! ~

The thought hit her slowly and softly. She stopped running suddenly and almost fell from the force of her speed.

"Hello?" The voice called. Stacey turned slightly to the side, her eyes closed. She concentrated on smell and sound. For a long few silent seconds, she heard nothing. Nothing until she heard someone breathing. She grinned and took a few steps forward, eyes still closed.

She stopped at a tree and opened her eyes. "Albus?" She asked, but it came out sounding more like a statement. She knew he was here. Her eyes shined a happy brown as she laned her shoulder against the large tree with her arms crossed.

She tapped her fingers against her arm. "Oh, Albus." She called with a smirk.

fudge0604

" What ? " He said, as being charged for something, while grinning. Albus jumped down from the last branch, landing but elegantly, as his knees failed him, and he fell on his butt. Giggling, he inspected her, thinking that she'd grown an inch, at the least since he'd last seen her. He remained on the ground, brushing off leaves and dust from his orange t-shirt, and blue faded jeans.

Jumping to conclusions, he smiled. " What're you doing out here, SPYING on me! " The long hours had taken it's toll on his mind, he was as lightheaded as always. He got up, before she could answer. " LOOK AT MY HAIR!!! " He near shouted out.
It had reached his shoulders, and was in the need of a cut.

Albus bit his lip, lookin up at the sky, like a fascinated fool.

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

Stacey laughed, then brought her foot up behind her and grabbed it with her hand, stretching her leg muscles. Albus always made her laugh, that`s what she liked about him.

"Albus, Albus, Albus," She teased, "what have you done to yourself?" She griined and dropped her foot, switching to the other one.

"You`ve grown, but I`m still a tad taller." She taunted. She was just a few years older than Albus, but they had been close in height. Not now. She stood up stright and tilted her hand. She shook her head and took a couple steps forward, kneeling down beside her old friend.

She followed his gaze up to the sky. "Fascinating, isn`t it?" She asked, her eyes twinkling.

fudge0604

Answering her first question, " I found a red bull in the common room... Wait.... It was four there! "
Smiling, he felt his blood rush around, his heart beating in his chest. He'd always been lightly influenced by sugar.

" STOP LIEING! I've ALWAYS, been taller than you! " Albus got to his feet and as he got up, he focused his ice powers in silence, making heels under his feet. Grinning, he mentioned for Stacey to get up, to measure their heights.
He was confident, he knew he was taller, much more. Shielding his mind, he didn't want Stacey to find out about his cheat, even though small giggles escaped his mouth.

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

((I forgot how much fun it was to RP with you!))

Stacey laughed loudly and rolled her eyes as she stood up. She saw that he was actually taller than her and she looked down. Looking back up with a large grin, she snapped her fingers, a plate of heat forming under Albus.

She batted her eye lashes at him, her eyes swirling a glowing gold. "Nice try, my friend, but I have always been at least a centimeter taller." She smiled triumphantly. "And I don`t forget things easily." She added.

Changing the subject, she spoke again. "And just how did you find Red Bulls in the common room?" she asked, wincing at an old memory of Albus and sugar.

fudge0604

Albus seized the chance of a good pun, or atleast, he thought.

" They were storming right at me! " He laughed. It was hard for him to stay serious.
      " I think someone forgot them or something, so I snatched them! " Chuckling, he started to wonder.
            " Why are you out here, Stacey? " Albus asked, curiously. He knew he was a strange case, being out late in the evening, doing actually nothing, but he wondered what she had done.

(( You better be happy, I've stayed up an hour longer for you now ;) ))

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

((Awz. Thank youz!))

Stacey laughed and shook her head. "Oh, my. You`ve had a little too much, Albus." She teased.

She pondered his question for a moment. "Why are you out here? If you are, I have every right to be." She challenged, raising an eyebrow. She came outside almost every night, whether it be the forest, lake, or he roof. She was just usually outside. Mostly with Aiden.

Thinking of Aiden, she looked down at her left hand. Her diamond ring sparkled in the faint light that the forest gave off.

((Albus is acting much like I was a few hours ago... Have you seen the movie, yet?))

fudge0604

(( I haven't watched it yet, and it seems bad, since I'm a bit of an control freak about things that are wrong in contrary to the book. :D ))

" Yeah, but you have an actual life, not like me, who have serious free time problems! " Albus said, overly confident.
Watching as her eyes trailed down to her hand, he was amused by the diamond ring on her finger.
     " When did you get that?! " He said amused.

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

((Lol. I think they did a decent job. I went with my aunt and we were complaining throughout the whole movie. You should have seen us. I`m still hyped up on all of the sugar we had. XD  And you missed a lot. Stacey`s seventeen and is married to Aiden Gray.))

Stacey glanced back up to Albus. "Oh, this?" She asked, wrinkling her brow. "You didn`t know that I got engaged? I had to take three extra classes because they thought I was going to leave." She gave Albus a loook, her eyes swirling purple.

"You never knew?" She asked. She was sure that she had invited Albus to the wedding.

fudge0604

Albus put his hand up at his chin, thinking hard, grunting.

" Nope, but nevermind, I get bored at weddings! So much eating, and sitting and talking... It's a bit boring! " He ranted, looking gloomily into the forest. " When did you guys get together ? "

(( I actually knew that you married Aiden, but Albus didn't ; ) ))

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

((Okie doke!))

Stacey grinned and shook her head again. "My wedding wasn`t boring." She complained.
"I met him about three and a half years ago. We`ve been maried for about a month." She answered, not knowing exactly which time he meant.

((My post looks sad. =[ ))

fudge0604

(( NO-UH! You need some smilies ! :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:;D;D;D;D;D;D ))

Albus smiled. " So you guys have been together that long? " He said, thinking about Jessie. A wide smile appeared on his face.
" He hasn't hit you? " Chuckling at his own stupidity, he looked around, leaning into a tree.

" So much has happened, ya knowh? "

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

((Okayyyy...))

Stacey smiled and looked down towards the ground, also leanign against a tree.
"Yes, we have been together that long. No, he hasn`t hit me." She asnwered. She didn`t think Aiden would be physically able to hit her. Not that it would hurt her much. She could blow up all of Hogsmead if she tried really hard. No one was going to hit her.

"Yeah, a lot has happened." she said, closing her mind to Albus so she didn`t overhear his thoughts. She had been more respectfull to his mind than any other because of what she had done to him when they had first met.