News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A Sunny Day At The Lake

Started by SoaringScales, July 25, 2009, 12:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoaringScales

Vivian was sitting at the edge of the lake under a tall sycamore tree. She loved watching water ripples and the occasional small fish dart by. It was her kind of weather, the sun was partially hidden behind a few clouds, and there was a nice breeze. She was wearing a jean skirt that went down past her knees and her favorite purple short sleeve shirt. 
The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.  ~Arabian Proverb

You took a chance on a bruised and beaten heart, and then you realized you wanted what you had.

In riding a horse, we borrow freedom. ~ Helen Thompson

She's my best friend. You break her heart, I'll break your

purpleraincloud

"Hello Vivian!" Avalee knew Vivian from her muggle days, she had gotten a letter a week earlier announcing her arrival. She was very excited that her best friend from the muggle world had come. Avalee was wearing her usual black top and blue jeans. It was nice and cool by the lake, there was quite a bit of wind that day, but it was still very nice. She went over and sat next to Vivian.

((Is this ok?))
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

SoaringScales

"Hi Avalee!" She was so glad that her and her best friend were now going to the same school. "Is there anything new with you since I have been in the muggle world?"

(( Yeah. Is this ok?))

The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horse's ears.  ~Arabian Proverb

You took a chance on a bruised and beaten heart, and then you realized you wanted what you had.

purpleraincloud

((Totally!))

"Well.." She said pausing. "I told you about what happened with Aiden, right?" She was so nervous about what would happen she wanted to throw up half the time, and she was jumpy about every little noise.
It's just another day

SoaringScales

((Awesome!))

"Yeah, I remember you telling me about that. Do you know whats going to happen?" She asked sincerely. She didn't want to pry, but she somehow wanted to help.

purpleraincloud

She wanted to break down, but held herself together. "I have no idea. Stacey is mad, Aiden is frustrated, mad at himself, and  confused, and I'm...." She took a long pause. "All of the above!" She took a breath. "But I'm dealing." She wanted to change topics, and she would soon, but she needed to vent.

((Can I call her Viv as a nickname?))
It's just another day

SoaringScales

She could see so many emotions in her eyes. "I'm sure it will get better." She said as she gave Avalee's shoulder a small squeeze. "Be careful though." She said, as she gazed back to the lake.    

((Sure! That would be cool!))

purpleraincloud

"What has been up in the muggle world?" She said, changing the subject. Now with her and Heather backing her up, she felt better.
It's just another day

SoaringScales

"The muggle world is pretty boring compared to here. Everything here just.... seems to be filled with magic." She laughed at her self for realizing how stupid that sounds, I mean of course its magical shes at Hogwarts for goodness sake!    

purpleraincloud

"It is, but be careful Viv. There are some seriously dangorus people here. They scare me to death." She shivered at the thought. But now she had an idea to lighten the mood. "How about a little friendly competion?" She asked raising a menicing eyebrow. 
It's just another day

SoaringScales

"I'll try. Thanks." She said with a smile. It might be hard for her to stay out of trouble, because it seemed no matter where she was trouble always found her. She quickly pushed that thought away.  "What kind of competition are you thinking about?" She asked with a sly smile, and a hint of excitement in her voice.

purpleraincloud

"I want to test your skills Viv!" She said with a sly grin. "Show me what you got!" She said standing up. She was anxious (in a good way) to see whather friend could do.
It's just another day

SoaringScales

Vivian stood up slowly, a little nervous of what was about to happen. "Are you sure? I just started, I- I'm really not good at all." She said stammering. Her shapeshifting was comming along ok I guess. She was just always nervous when it came to stuff like this.

purpleraincloud

"Come on Vivian! I have been here what, a month longer than you? I'm the only one here, exept the lake, and last time I checked, large bodies of water won't critique your magic!" She laughed. She was pushing  her beat friend. Vivian was always a little shy and didn't like to flaunt her powers, but come on! She was at Hogwarts now! No more of those idiots to put her down!(I think you know who I'm reffering to, her name starts with an 'a'  :P)
It's just another day

SoaringScales

"I guess your right." She said laughing. She knew her friend was right. She was at Hogwarts now. This was the kind of stuff they did on a daily basis. "What do you want me to do exactly?" She said feeling a little more brave.

(( lol. Have you heard from her in a while?))