News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

In Desperate Need of .Practice.

Started by Luke Forlity, August 11, 2009, 06:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke Forlity

((Open to those who are experienced and good with a wand))

Luke stood in the forest with his wand out.  He was breathing hard and sweating just slightly.  He switched his wand to his left hand and wiped his sweaty palm on his t-shirt.

Holding his wand once again in his right hand, he pointed it at a tree.  He took a deep breath and cleared his mind.

"Aguamenti!"  He shouted.  With his wand he made the swish and flick motion that he had seen others use.  Nothing happened.  He tried again.  A small drop of water came out and landed on his shoe.

Exasperated, Luke sat down against a tree.  His wand had been giving him trouble from day one.  He opened his hand and a flame appeared.  It seemed that the only thing he was really good at was playing with fire.
Yeah, I'm new.  Just trying to become less of a newb.

potter_fan122

The forest was dark and quiet, just the way Stacey liked it. It was almost impossible to see through the dark as a human, but Stacey had plently of help. She was a snow leopard Animagus. She could see just fine.

She prowled through the trees, her bright blue eyes searching the darkness. She was silent as she moved, and she didn`t really have to see. She knew this forest like the back of her hand, literally. She had been in the forest hundreds of times. She knew where the clearing were, what areas were shady at what time of day. Everything.

But something was different. The great cat paused silently and sniffed the air. Vampire. She bared her teeth. Seconds later Stacey was standing right where the leopard had once been. Her red and tan wand was poised in her hand, not looking very significant.

She took a couple side-steps until her back was to a tree. She could sense that the vampire was in the tiny clearing behind her, and that it wasn`t very powerful. There was no wash of power over her skin like there was when she was with Nate or Leah.

"Aguamenti!" Stacey heard. She sighed and rolled her eyes at herself. She was glad it wasn`t a strange vampire. They always made such a mess when you beheaded them. But she decided that she might have some fun anyway.

"You shouldn`t be in the forest at night. And the trees get enough water." She said in a soft voice than any vampire would hear.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Luke Forlity

Startled, Luke looked up.  He hadn't put any protections around himself before he left the castle.  Of course, if the spells actually worked, they wouldn't be very powerful.

He used all of his skill to smell the air.  Stacey.  He recognized her voice as well, but was still proud that he recognized her. 

"And neither should you, Stacey.  Plus, it's not like I could actually accomplish the spell anyways."  Luke said.  He remained sitting on the ground, lazily.

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled and stepped back from the tree, pulling the arms down on her old hoodie. She sat down a few feet from Luke, her eyes a glowing yellow the color of the moon.

"You don`t know what it`s like in here," She said, putting her chin on her hand, "There are creatures in here. Beings. And you didn`t even put up protection charms." She clicked her toungue. She shivered as the wind blew against her. It wasn`t the wind that made her shiver, though, it was the soft roll of power that blew her way from Luke.

"You could have at least put up a Protego Totalum charm." She tilted her head to the side, her eyes slightly distant. She was "listening" to Luke`s powers, feeling out how much power he had. He wouldn`t know it, of course, but she did.

Luke Forlity

Luke frowned, thinking.  Could there really be beings out here?  How dangerous could they be? He was, however, a vampire.  He could defend himself with his strength, if not his magic.

"I can't... I mean... I'm not yet able to produce an effective Protego charm.  And I certainly couldn't sustain it while practicing other spells."  He shrugged, "As for the beings, I could fight them off. I still have my fire powers."

Luke noticed Stacey's eyes becoming distant.  He wasn't sure that meant, or if it had anything to do with him.  Maybe she was reliving an event. Or maybe she was thinking to someone.  He just wasn't sure

potter_fan122

Stacey grinned; it was just too easy to hear Luke`s thoughts when she was this close to the school. Really, it was like he was yelling inot her mind.

"Neither. I`m looking behind you." She asnwered, her eyes focousing back on Luke. "There are two wolves behind you. One rust colored with light blue eyes, the other black and white with amber eyes." Stacey didn`t need to look at the wolves to know who they were. They were hers. Tiki and James.

"And as for your fire use, what can you do?" She herself produced a small flame and rolled it between her hands. It was a bright orange color, and her eyes slowly switched to the same exact shade. They always changed when she played with fire. And it wasn`t like it burned her, she was all but fire-proof. "I don`t feel anything when I`m near you, so I`m sorry to say that you aren`t more powerful than me, but none of the students are." She shrugged, looking down at her hands. She didn`t know where her powers came from. They just kept expanding. Ginny hadn`t been mush help when she asked her questions, she had basically just said that it was normal. It didn`t feel normal.

Stacey tilted her head again, her orange eyes on the young looking Luke.

Luke Forlity

Luke shook his head, clearing it.  It was just too weird when people answered to his thoughts.  He wasn't used to it yet, and doubted if he ever would be.  He nodded, acknowledging the wolves.

"I can do a lot with fire, almost anything in fact... it's just natural."  Luke said.  A flame lit on each of his finger tips.  He watched them flicker and then grabbed them with his other hand, forming them into a single, larger flame.

"As for not being more powerful than you, I didn't think I would be.  But with what I already know about fire, it might not take me all that long!"  Luke was joking with her, but was also partially serious.  Of course he wanted to be more powerful, who didn't?

fudge0604

" Gosh, you guys suck! " The voice came from above, an intruder standing high up in the trees, spying down on the fellow students.

The boy had hazel brown hair, sparkling green-brownish eyes, and a gigantic grin placed upon his face. Wearing only his baby blue pajamas with teddy bears on, he had rings around his eyes, and a red bull in his hand. Clutching closely to it, it was his extacy.
Jumping from branch to branch, he reached the ground, the leaves rustling as he landed roughly on the forest floor.

Looking from the stranger, to Stacey, he giggled lightly. " Are you not counting me as a student? " He'd listened to their chit-chat, it was too easy to hear them as they disrupted the peace of the forest.

Albus turned on his heel, feeling extreme energies go through his body. Adressing himself to the stranger, he put his light blue hand out.

" I'm Albus. " Said the blue colored boy. " You may find my color funny, don't make fun of it, I'll freeze your hair roots, and make you go bald. " He snickered, and fished his wand out from pocket inside his pajamas, swishing it around, gloomily.

Post Potter depression.

Luke Forlity

Luke looked up into the branches for the source of the voice.  It took him a while to find it, but by then, a boy had emerged and landed on the ground near him.  Luke stood up confused.  Was that boy... blue?

He jumped to his feet and glanced quickly between the boy and the red bull.  He smiled at him in his pajamas, obviously having just had an all-nighter.  Luke had often had all-nighters himself, and absolutely loved them.

As Luke shook the boy's hand he said, "Hi Albus! I'm Luke! And I don't find you're color funny... just... unique!"

potter_fan122

Stacey`s eyes flickered up to Albus immediatly, a grin spreading across her face. She quickl;y took in the Redbull and the smile widened.

"Oh, Albus, freeze my hair roots and I`ll fry yours." She smiled in a much to sweet fashion. "Luke, Albus, Albus, Luke." She greeted, rolling the flame between her fingers.

"And Luke, why don`t you show me something really fascinating that you can do with fire. Something that takes a lot of concentration." She tilted her head once more, her eyes getting a slighty purple tint anlong with the orange, maiing them appear half of each color.

Bucky Black

"Wingardum LEviosa" said Bucky pointing his wand at the twig on the ground. "ahh it is uselees" said Bucky once he had failedat retreiving the twig. He relinquished his wand from his hand felling disspondent. He wondered if hewas the only person who struggled with simple spells. (LOL I KnoW you said good with a wand but this just came out) Bucky picked his wand from the earth and pointed his wand at a stone near by. The stone squiggled but failed finishing the task.

Bucky jumped from the ledge beside te lake and new there was one thing he was safe from. Physical harm due to recent events. Bucky strolled into the forest and bumped into ashorter person. He assumed by the smell of them they were a man because they wore the same deoderant as him. "Sorry Mate" Bucky groaned "G'day anyhow!!".

potter_fan122

((Bucky, can you please deleate your post and not post again. This is a serious topic.))

Bucky Black

((What's wrOng with itT Then you just don't like me is all) (What is wrong with my post)

fudge0604

(( It's random. Bucky walked into the forest, and bumped into someone smaller than him. ))

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

((Yes, Luke, you can ask people to leave. If they respect you, they will. But, for xample, if I was posting in a topic that Bucky started, and I participated more in the topic, I wouldn`t give him a second glance if he asked me to leave. I would stay if I wanted to. It really depends on how much people like you. Bucky, I know that you use spell check, but you don`t use correct puctuation. You capitalize the wrong letters and don`t capitalize the right ones. Also, none of your sentences make sense. It`s all just confusing-- and you just don`t belong in this thread.

Now can we please get back on topic, and deleate all of these usuless arguments?))