News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Too much butterbheer?

Started by fudge0604, October 4, 2009, 08:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fudge0604

Albus sat at the counter inside of the warm, crowded pub. The noise level was the same, firewhiskey removed the restrains most people had on their minds, normally, letting their thoughts flow out at a high rate.

In front of him, was a mountain of bottles, most his. Changing between burping and hiccuping, he drank the last part of his butterbeer, and sat it down at the counter. Looking around dizzily, his mind wavered as he had problems holding his balance on top of the tall bar stool.

" ONE... Bhutterbheer... " He said, holding a galleon up, aiming slowly for the bartenders hand.

Albus was dhrunk.

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

Stacey rolled her eyes and closed her fingers around her galleon. Her shift had just started, and she came in seeing a tipsy Albus wavering on his stool.

"Albus, how many of these are yours?" She asked slowly and clearly. She waved her hand and all of the empty bottles were swept from the room and to the garbage. The floor swept itself, and everything was straightened. Her boss didn`t really care what the place looked like, but she did. She pulled her hair back, away from her face, and prepared herself for a long night.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

fudge0604

Albus looked up, and smiled.

" Hejjo!!!!!!!!! " He exclaimed, whilst he clumsily climbed over the counter and embraced Stacey.

" Twu tjirds!" whispered Al, giggling. Looking at all he'd drunk, he laughed.

Struggling to keep balance on the hardwood floor, he sat down, tired and stinking of alcohol.

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

Stacey sighed and patted Albus on the shoulder. Albus reeked worse than a lot of her normal people.

"Come on, Albus, drink this." She set a small glass in front of him. It was lemon water, ice cold, and tasted absolutely disgusting after alcohol. She leaned against the counter, sipping on her own butterbeer. She wasn`t allowed to get drunk while she was working, obviously, but she could have one or two.

fudge0604

Albus took the glass and sipped. " EWWWW! " He nearly shouted, as he threw the glass away, breaking it.

" Why arh yhou fheeding me tis cowsit? " Aggravated, he laid down tired on the floor from exhaustion, it was impossible to stay awake, at least in the state he was in now.

Slowly, he fell asleep, in the chatter of the pub.

(( You fast-forward it to the end of your shift, waking me up :p :D ))

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

((Hyper, much?))

Stacey wiped off the counter, putting the loose strands of hair behind her ear. The light coming in the windows was lighter now, and she knew that morning was coming. She had ushered everyone out, except the sleeping Albus.

"Good morning, little bird. Sing your sweet song. Good morning, morning bird. Wake to you little song." She sank with a grin. Her tone was perfect, but loud. Loud enough to wake up someone who would have a killer hangover.

fudge0604

The light hit his eyes, and his head hurt like hell. Slowly opening his eyes, song hit his ears.

" The f are you singing about.....? " Slowly getting up and the floor, he sat, eyes half closed, rubbing his eyes. " What happened? " He asked confused, as he looked around, tousling his hair, whilst yawning.

Head throbbing, he looked up at Stacey, only glimpsing her outline through half closed eyes.

(( Not at all!!!! :D :) ))

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

((You sure?))

Stacey smiled, turning to wipe off of the tables.

"Oh, just a little song." She replied, knowing that Albus wasn`t all the way there yet. "I find that if fits to sing when you`re trying to wake someone up." She finished the last table and walked back behind the counter, pulling off her apron that marked her as staff.

fudge0604

(( You reply fast :D :D :D :D :D :D :D I luffs dat. ))

Albus got up, sighing.

" When did you start working here? " His voice was rusty, dry and talking made a rattling sound deep down in Albus' chest.
Finding himself a glass, he filled it with water from behind the counter. The water bottles was surprisingly completely full, as free water didn't seem to tempt the customers at the Three Broomsticks.

Slowly sipping the ice cold water, he put the glass back on the counter again, sighing.

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

Stacey poured herself a glass of water.
"About a month ago, actually. I guess I forgot to tell you the last time I saw you. Never relly saw reason to, I guess." She took a larg egulp of the water, grimmacing as the water hurt her teeth.

"It`s nice to see you. Haven`t seen a lot of people after graduation."

fudge0604

" Yeah, the only ones I've seen is you, and Jessie. " Albus said quietly, slowly waking up.

Filling his glass yet once again with water, he drank it all, softening his soar throat up. Looking down at his hands, he moved his fingers slowly, amused by the movement.

" Want to ditch this place since you're done with work? "

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

Stacey shook her head and grinned sadly.
"I`m not done with work yet. I have to stay until four." She looked out the window, trying to caculate the angle of the sun from inside the dismal building.

fudge0604

" Loooseeeerrr " He smiled faintly, as he looked over to Stacey.

" So much has happened! It's just weird to think how different we were couple o'years ago..! " Remembering old memories, he snickered, he'd been stupid back then. His eyes wandered around the walls, out the windows, this place brought such a nostalgic tone to Albus, he had problems drowning in the faint memories.

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

Stacey grinned again.
"Four is in about three minutes." She said, satisfied with her time reading. Astronomy had been one of her best subjects.

"And yes, so much has happened." She sighed. She had gotten married, moved into a house with Aiden, and had gotten a job. Things were very different, indeed.

Bucky Black