News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

I'm a newb!!! Help!!!

Started by XalexandriaX, November 2, 2009, 03:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XalexandriaX

well first just wanted to say hi!! i'm alexandria and i'm sorta new so if you've got any tips or anything like that it would be helpful and i just wanna meet some peeps. if you wanna talk to me with out everybody staring then my email is alexandriaparkinson@ymail.com THANKS!!!
"The secret side of me
I never let you see
I keep it caged but I can't control it
So stay away from me
The beast is ugly
I feel the rage and I just can't hold it" Monster-Skillet

potter_fan122

Hi newb. I am Stacey Black, and I can help you with any questions you have. I`m probably on here the most, so you won`t have to wait very long until I answer you. You can PM me, if you need something. To do that, just click on my name over to the left and that will take you to my profile. Then you just scroll down until you see the thingy that says "Send this member a personnal message." And tada!

If you have any other questions, Sky and Albus can help you, too. They probably know more stuff than I do, but I`m just cooler.

Uhm., let me see... yes, here`s a link you can go look at.  It might answer some of your questions. Remember, have fun here. We don`t really have any rules, but we try to keep things nice. Try not to spam, and post maturly. Try to make your posts at least a few lines long. It`s really not that hard to do.

http://www.harrypotterfan.com/forum/index.php?topic=4203.0
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

fudge0604

BTW, I'm much cooler than Stacey. It's just that Stacey doesn't have a life like the rest of us :O :) x)

You should check out:

http://www.harrypotterfan.com/forum/index.php?topic=3716.0

And correct capitalization is important too, it makes it much easier to read your texte.

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

That`s why I`m cooler, because I have no life, so I write myself a million different lives.
Duh.

But seriously, don`t be afraid to ask questions.

Alexis

Well, I'm the lamest person here.  I have to have two characters to makeup for my lameness.  =P

Oh, and one real quick critique on this post...
http://www.harrypotterfan.com/forum/index.php?topic=6012.new#new
I'm not sure if this was a typo or not, but make sure to keep your posts in third-person.  It's easier to read and everyone else that posts won't get so easily confused.
Have fun! =D
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

potter_fan122

Yes, I was going to point that out, but I forgot.

And just so you know, you can have more than one characters, but we-- well, I-- strongly suggest not making another one until you have developed your first one. Stacey was the very first character I made, and I still use her more than any of my other ones, and I have... about twelve, I think. I`ve even made Staceys on other sites.

fudge0604

I agree with Stacey, focus your attention on one character who you can develop, and make a complete "Human" of.

:D

Stacey, you're so lame that you have to make other people to entertain yourself.

BURN. :D

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

For example, Stacey. When I first made her, she was super smart and powerful. She still is, but now she also hears voices in her head, can barely control her powers, has numerous people trying to kill her, and can`t deal with stress at all. She`s falling apart now, but her awesomness evens it out.

Oh yeah? Well, you`re so stupid you threw a rock at the ground and missed because your train of thought is still loading at the station.
Take that, little blue man.

fudge0604

Smurf is a so much better insult.

And don't make your character like superpowerfull when you make it. It's annoying when newbies act all better than us oldies, we have much more experience, which we'd like to share with you guys. But, starting to fight, go against most of our advises and just being plainly stupid doesn't really help around here :)

I may sound very strict now -- I do, -- but you get too see a lot of things on this site. Some people are really annoying, and things that you'd never thought would happen, does happen.

Post Potter depression.

potter_fan122

Yes. We will sound strict, but we need to be. We can be really nice, if you`re nice to us. Note our friendly banter. Albus is just mad at me because my character isn`t a smurf.

I suggest making your character a little messed up. if they`re messed up from the beginning, there`s a smaller chance that you`ll have a problem with being perfect. And you asked about being an Animagus. You can be, but remember some basic rules.

1.) Changing takes a lot of energy, and you can`t change back and forth a lot without getting exhausted.
2.) While in Animagus form, you cannot talk or do magic.
3.) The animals that your character changes into has to represent your character. For example, if Bob is really brave and strong, his Animagus form may be a lion. A person can change their form, but it`s hard.
4.) If you are in animal form, you are an animal. You don`t have human traits except for being able to think like a human. Other than that, you move, breathe, and act like an animal.

XalexandriaX

well my character is quiet but has like this precense is how i want her to be. if you read my bio could you help me think of an animal to become???
"The secret side of me
I never let you see
So stay away from me
The beast is ugly

potter_fan122

I think she`d be a bird.

She seems like the kind of girl who keeps things inside of her, not very open, and doesn`t often tell people her real opinion. She seems like she wants to be free to be who she wants to be. As a bird, she could do that. Maybe a sparrow or raven.

XalexandriaX

a raven sounds good. Gracias. also should i ask someone if i can join a post before i actually write something???
"The secret side of me
I never let you see
So stay away from me
The beast is ugly

potter_fan122

You can if you want. you can do it through PM or just write a note at the beginning or end of your post. And just as a note, when you want to write something that is NOT part of your thread, do this:

((Hey, did you read this book?))

Just put double ( ) around your words so we know that it`s not part of what your character is doing. Please don`t go:

Bob said hi(isn`t bob a funny name?) when Jane came outside.

Just don`t. It bugs the heck outa me, and I`ll just ignore you. That`s no fun, so don`t do it. If you haven`t already, read the topics Albus and I linked to in our previous posts.

XalexandriaX

thanks again. now i'll wait until somebody posts then ha ha.....
"The secret side of me
I never let you see
So stay away from me
The beast is ugly