News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

A Snowy Trail (Sky)

Started by Virgil Hendrix, December 30, 2009, 01:30:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Virgil Hendrix

The sun glazed through the white crystals falling from the sky, as it beamed down onto Virgil's pale face looking into the distance.

"Heh, I don't even know why I bother coming back here.  Its not like I have a chance." he mumbled to himself as he kept walking towards the swarm of snow covered buildings.  He looked around at them all, and the sight of them brought back memories of school; not all of them great.  He walked into the Three Broomsticks and sat down at a booth next to the window.

Join Amber Ridge.  A College Roleplay.
5 - 20 - 50 - 100 - 125 - 200 - 300 -

Sky

"So if I mix these two vials, I should have the antidote?"

Sky nodded to the second year girl who sat across from her at The Three Broomsticks. The girl had short shoulder length brown hair and glasses. She had been struggling with potions and Sky had offered to tutor her. A large second year potions book lay open on the table, flipped to the page containing instructions on how to cure boils. Yum.

"But be careful. You have to mix it at just the right temperature or else you'll just end up with a nasty mess." Sky said, pointing a finger to the caution mark in the book. "I think you're all set for your exam Sarah." She smiled and closed the book. "We'll review next week after the holidays are over. Go enjoy the rest of your break." Sarah grinned as she gathered the book into her arms.

"Thanks Sky. You're the greatest." She said and left the building. No kid liked tutoring, let alone over winter break, but Sky could already see the progress. She sighed and laid back into her seat. She let her eyes glance over the place. From the bartender, to the few students who stayed behind for break, to Virgil, to the other guests...wait! Virgil?

Sky sat up abruptly and squinted. Sure enough, it was him. Wow. She hadn't seen him in a long time. She felt her cheeks redden. She remembered the awkward breakup and how upset she had been. Amazing how much more grownup she was since then. Should she go say something? Would he be bitter or would he be friendly? Was she really that nervous?

She stood up and slowly walked over to his table, trying to think of something to say. But her mind was blank. She was just so surprised to see him. Finally when she reached his table, Sky managed to speak.

"Um...hello Virgil."

((Loooonng post lol. Sorry I had to go all of a sudden last night but I thought somebody was up.))

Virgil Hendrix

"I don't even know what im even doing here.." Virgil mumbled to himself as he heard a familiar voice coming from across the room.

He glanced around, looking from left to right in the seemingly empty three broomsticks, as he saw Sky walking toward him.  His nerves shot through the roof, as more thoughts of being in school shot through his mind like a bullet train.

"What do I do? What do I say?" he thought to himself, as a "Hey Sky." slipped  out.  Virgil was curious to see what Sky had to say to him, and see if she was the same person he knew back then.

Sky

Sky looked down at her feet awkwardly.  "I..uh..haven't seen you in awhile." She said softly. "How are you doing?" She glanced back up at him and had to smile. He looked the same. Maybe his hair had gotten a little longer, but he was the same Virgil she knew. Or was he?

Virgil Hendrix

"C-Come on, sit down." he said with a mild nervous stutter as he gestured to the seat in front of him.  "I haven't been up to much, just traveling, and learning a few tricks here and there.  I didn't really expect to see you here, after the graduation and all, so what have you been doing?" he said nervously.

Sky

Sky felt bad. She could tell he was nervous. Maybe she just go. But something made her sit down.

"Oh, just working. I'm the potion master's assistant back at Hogwart's." She made the salt and pepper shakers dance with her wand. "So what kind of tricks?"

Virgil Hendrix

"Thats actually why I came down here again.  I was wondering if I could get a job here or something." said Virgil as he pulled out his wand.  He pointed it towards the salt and pepper shakers as they transformed into birds and walked around the table.

Sky

"I could put a good word in to the Headmaster if you'd like. Though I'm sure he wouldn't need it. You're a good guy." She watched as the birds walked around the table and saw an old lady at the next table cover her food, mumbling something about sanitation.

"I was just about to head back if you would like to join me." Sky suggested, pointing out the window.

Virgil Hendrix

Virgil cracked a small smile as he said "Yeah sure, lead the way.  He pointed his wand towards the salt and pepper shakers again, as they changed back to normal, not before returning to their rightful positions.

Sky

Sky had risen and had gone outside. She had on a long black coat and dragonhide boots, so she was actually pretty warm in this cold weather. She led him to the snowy trail that went to the school.

"So what kind of job are you looking for?"

Virgil Hendrix

Virgil followed quickly behind Sky.  The snow parted around Virgil, as it seemed he was in a bubble of some sort.  "Charms I guess.  That subject has always seemed intriguing." Virgil said.

Sky

Sky stuffed her hands into her pockets, thinking. 

"You know what? I think they're looking for a teacher. The one at the school is kinda sickly and didn't want to quit until he found a replacement." She turned, walking backwards to look at him.

"That'd be really neat if you got the job. Then we'd both be teachers. Well, I'll be one next year anyway."

Virgil Hendrix

Virgil looked into the white clouds before refocusing on Sky.

"Heh, really?  Well that works out perfect for me then." Virgil said with a grin.  He looked into the distance as the castle grew closer and closer.

Sky

"Yeah. It'd be cool to have you as a co-worker." Sky said, looking up to the clouds as well. The sky was actually quite blue, with a few gray clouds here and there.  They were getting close to the Hogwart's gate now.

Virgil Hendrix

"Yeah, the last time I saw you," Virgil said before stopping.  "Yeah, so how have you been?  You look the same too." he said looking away slightly.