News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

(Just... Thinking)

Started by dobby888, March 5, 2010, 01:21:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dobby888

Leah sat on the roof of Hogwarts, alone.  It was night, and very dark.  Normally there were more people up here, but not tonight.  It was cold and windy, and looked like rain.  Dark clouds covered the sky except for surprisingly, not the moon.  The bright half-sphere had found a gap in the endless clouds, and poked it's light through, like a little beacon of hope to all who saw it.

She was seated near the edge of the roof, and hugged her knees to her chest.  Even in a long sleeve t-shirt and jeans, the wind cut easily through to her skin, raising goosebumps on her arms and legs.  However, her feet were bare, and pale.  She moved her toes back and forth, moving around the loose rocks of concrete.

Although most people came to the roof when their emotions were at the extremes, Leah wasn't like that.  She wasn't crying or anything, just... thinking.

Sky

The moon's glow was a beautiful sight. The light from the large rock shone through the little spaces between the closed curtains and directly onto his bed, where his eyes were. The light soon got so annoying, that sleep was practically impossible. Tomorrow would mean more exhaustion, but hey, he could sleep during History of Magic.

So Axel drew back his thick red and gold comforter and swung his legs over the bed, pausing to rub his tired sky blue eyes. When his vision wasn't so blurry and sensitive, he saw his fellow classmates, all snoring peacefully in their four poster beds. Why was it that they could all sleep, but he had deal with this insomnia several nights a week? Perhaps it was just a teenage thing, and that's what he settled on. It was too late to think about it.

He was in a pair of blue shorts and a white t-shirt. Not exactly the best outfit to wear outdoors, or even in the halls. It was really cold out during these remaining Wintery days. Axel reached into his trunk as quietly as he could and retrieved his light blue jeans and black sweater that had sort of outline his chest muscles. He used to be so skinny, but with all of the running he did here, he started to tone up a lot.

Once he was dressed, Axel tucked his wand safely into his pocket and wandered into the hall, climbing the moving sets of stairs. When he reached the highest floor, he climbed out one of the windows and onto the roof. He walked about, taking in the cool air as he blew against his pale skin, and blew his red hair into his eyes. As he moved his hand to move the obstructive piece of hair, he caught site of a girl, sitting on the edge of the roof with her knees curled up to her chest. He smiled to himself and sat down beside her.

"Long time no see." He whispered. He didn't want to startle her. Axel was sure that Leah hadn't been expecting any visitors all the way up here.

fudge0604

" You know, thinking, can have a pretty depressing effect "

A blue boy emerged from the stairs, his hands in his turquoise jeans. The boy was wearing an orange t-shirt, the one your eyes just couldn't ignore. A gentle smile was placed upon his face, and his hair was a nutty brown, ruffled and went to his hair. He spoke with experience; thinking could be your own doom.

Albus took a step back, as a boy with crimson hair appeared. He recognized him immediately, it was Axel. Axel had gotten into a barfight with Dave, an aggressive drunkie. It was hard for Albus to forget him, with his passionate spirit, and his crimson red hair.

" Well, hello Axel, Leah! " He exclaimed, walking against them. His skin shone in the radiant colour of the moon.

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

The black of night seemed to have a calming effect on Leah, and she began to day-dream (night-dream?).  She let her mind wander to past times, happy times.  She let it wander to adventures and laughter.  She let it wander to the future, and what it might hold in store for her.  As she imagined all of these things, a boy had sat down beside her.  She was so deep in her own mind that she hadn't noticed.  That is, until he spoke.

"Long time no see."

It had been a whisper, and yet it seemed as though he had just screamed.  His voice broke through the silence, and Leah jumped, startled. Her heart rate quickened, but then she saw who it was.

"Axel!"  She threw her arms around him, and due to the awkwardness of being on the ground, ended up falling into him.  Leah didn't mind though, it felt good and comforting to be near to him.  "Don't you know not to scare someone like that?"

"You know, thinking, can have a pretty depressing effect"

Once again, Leah was startled.  She grabbed Axel's arm, and her head spun towards the sound.  When she saw it was Albus, she breathed a sigh of relief.

"Oh, Albus not you too! Both of you need a lesson in common courtesy!" Leah chuckled.

Sky

Axel laughed as Leah fell onto him, blushing a little. Thank goodness it was too dark too see, even with the moonlight. He grinned and pushed themselves back into a sitting position, but still sort of awkwardly close.

"I'm sorry." Axel said. "I tried to be as quiet as I could!" His voice was still like a whisper. Then he heard another voice, one that sounded faintly familiar. Leah had grabbed his arm and Axel looked up suddenly.

It was Albus, the boy that tried freezing him in the bar. He had to admit, the boy did have good intentions, but at the time, Axel was furious that Albus had even attempted to step in.

"Hey." Axel replied in greeting. "How's it going?"

fudge0604

" Well, well, the head is still on top, to put it that way! " Albus exclaimed, grinning.

He walked against them, sat down on a bench and sighed. Light at mind, he started to whistle, not trying to break the embarrassing silence.

" You two together? " Albus asked suddenly, a sly smile placed upon his face.

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

"You two together?"

A deep shade of red found it's way into Leah's face, and she found herself glad that the night was so dark.

"What? Oh..." Leah laughed, awkwardly. 

She only knew Albus because of her sister, Jessie, but had never really just talked to him, as a friend.  She knew he was very nice, and had always wanted a closer friendship with him. 

Axel, on the other hand, Leah had run into once, in the forest.  It was an odd encounter, and they ended up hiding from a strange person in the forest, once again, in the middle of the night.  That was the first time that they had met, and it was a night almost just like this one.

"Uhm... so... Albus... What are your reasons for being on the roof so late?"  She asked, trying to get the subject off of her closeness to Axel (which, by the way, she decided was not unwelcome).

Sky

Axel didn't say anything, he just played with his hair that went down to his ears. He looked at Leah with his sky blue eyes for a moment before looking up at the moon. He didn't say anything else, but just watched the clouds pass by over and over again.

fudge0604

Albus smiled gently, it was fun to watch as they both blushed in turn. Even though the night was dark, the way Leah responded made it very clear to Albus that Leah and Axel was, after all, a bit close.

" Well, you know, I were doing homework, Jessie went to bed, and I just sat there, in the common room. You know, it's quite boring. "

He chuckled lightly, as a gentle wind played with his thick, hair, who went down to his ears.

" I decided to go up here, as it is so... Serene. And of course, it's good for my health to be in cold a environment. "

As he ran his fingers through his soon to be cut hair, his eyes reached for the sky, eyeing every detail closely.

Post Potter depression.

dobby888

As Axel looked at Leah, she looked down at her hands.  However, once he looked away, she looked up at him.  She wondered what he was thinking, but thought it rude to just barge into his mind and find out. 

She looked over to Albus when he mentioned her sister, and said, "Yeah, Jessie definitely likes her sleep every once and a while." 

Leah watched him look to the sky, just as Axel was.  "How is that going, anyways? The ice thing, I mean."

fudge0604

" Well, it isn't something that's going away. I hate it, and I love it, all at the same time. The pleasure when you're outside in the cold, the feeling of being unique, is something that I treasure immensely. " Albus let out a little smile at his so description. It sounded silly.

" But also, it's tough when people look at you in a weird way, people you thought you knew. And to feel the warmth of another human being is just... Too much. " Feeling he'd said a bit to much, Albus switched conversation themes quickly.

" Axel! Why did you join us today? " He asked with a childish grin on his face.

Post Potter depression.

Sky

Axel shrugged his shoulders and yawned.

"The moon was shining in my eyes and I couldn't sleep. So I thought I'd come up here, where the moon's view was best."

Axel loved the moon. There was just something about it that made him feel so tranquil. He could stare at it for hours, watching the dark clouds glide over the glowing sphere. Though watching it during summer was better, he could watch it any time. He remembered when he watched it before, laying along the cliff in as a black wolf, his sky blue eyes staring up at the moon. That was when he had met Leah for the very first time.

dobby888

Leah noticed Albus' change of subject immediately.  She of course wanted to know what was going on, but decided to respect his privacy and move on.  Hopefully, he might tell her later, otherwise she would just ask Jessie.  As Leah contemplated the possibilities, Axel began to speak, jolting her from her mind's wandering.

She looked at Axel, her eyes perusing his face.  His eyes seemed to just light up, as he thought about something or other.  She turned away and looked to the moon.  It did seem to shine directly into the dormitory windows. 

Leah smiled to herself, and remained silent, just drinking in the wonderful night.

Sky

((Your turn Albus. Haha.))

fudge0604

Albus winced, as he felt something bruising into him. His gaze turned down to his feet, only to find a big, ugly rat. Startled, Albus snapped his fingers, as the rat became engrossed by cold ice. It shrieked; being certain of its death. When the rat was completely covered, Albus tilted his head, and took up the big ice cube which contained the rat. Slowly looking at the rats different features, he quickly decided that it was for the best that it had died.

" Nasty little things, they are " He said, as the rat hovered a few inches above his hand, and propelled into the darkness.

Post Potter depression.