News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

►mOnStErS◄

Started by potter_fan122, March 8, 2010, 09:36:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

((Only join if you`re going to write well. When I Look at You by Miley Cyrus.))

The forest was a beautiful place to be, right at that moment. The weather was finally getting warmer, and you didn`t need to wear a big bulky coat outside anymore. Sure, it was chilly when the wind picked up, but that was nothing a little fire could fix. The trees were damp from all of the melted snow and rain, and the ground was covered in mud in most places. Still, it was a beautiful day, and Stacey wasn`t going to waste it. It was a Saturday, and she had made sure that she had nothing to do today.

The girl wandered through the trees, avoiding the muddiest spots. The hems of her jeans had mud on them, but that was completely inevitable. She pulled on the sleeves of her dark green shirt, suddenly cold. With a small smile she snapped her fingers and warmth spread through her and produced a small flame along her fingertips.

Stacey was seven weeks pregnant today. It seemed like a miracle, and a big secret at the same time. She hadn`t intended to get pregnant, by any means. She and Aiden hadn`t planned it whatsoever, but still it had happened. Only her closest friends and family knew. It just didn`t feel right to tell everyone yet. She had just turned eighteen two weeks ago, and she was married with a baby on the way. No, not a child, twins. That small fact seemed to make everything worse. They weren`t ready for it, Aiden wasn`t ready to be a father and Stacey wasn`t ready to be a mother. While they both wished things would have been different, they didn`t think about abortion for one second. At least not seriously. But honestly, they had to think about everything, all of their choices. Even the ones they knew they weren`t going to like. Without any conversation on the matter, life had been the solution. They could get through having children, even though it would be hard.

Stacey sighed, trailing her fingertips along the trees as she passed them. Her head just seemed so full of random thoughts, it was hard to keep them straight. Her thoughts were each like little monsters on a rampage around her mind, tearing at anything and everything there until their world collapsed into a heap of dust.

Well, at least that was how it felt sometimes.

She felt lost. She wanted to talk to someone, to let everything out, but she couldn`t. Normally when this would happen she would go into her fireproof clearing and blow stuff up until she was exhausted. She couldn`t do that anymore. Doctors had told her to limit her powers, in case they might influence the twins. It was like a giant chain had been wrapped around her and was pulling her down. Her world kept on getting smaller and smaller.

And the monsters just kept on coming.

"Everybody needs inspiration
Everybody needs a song
A beautiful melody
When the night's are long
Cause there is no guarantee
That this life is easy

Yeah, when my world is falling apart
When there's no light to break up the dark
That's when I, I, I look at you
When the waves are flooding the shore and I
Can't find my way home anymore
That's when I, I, I look at you."

Stacey`s voice was soft but strong. It seemed to carry on the wind, and she had to stop and listen. The forest was silent for once. There was no noise except for the wind in the trees and her breathing, her heartbeat. She moved her hand to her stomach and leaned back against a tree. Her eyes were purple as she closed them, focusing her powers in on herself.

"When I look at you
I see forgiveness
I see the truth
You love me for who I am
Like the stars hold the moon
Right there where they belong and I know
I'm not alone."
[/i][/b]

Her whole world seemed to shrink until she was the only one there, the only being in the vastness of the universe. Except for the monsters. They still moved inside her mind, trying to break her, but she could ignore them for a while.

All she wanted to be was herself, and she had never had that chance. Now she finally did, and she didn`t know what to do. Her whole life was open in front of her, and it was her choice what she wanted to do with it. All that mattered was what she wanted, and what Aiden wanted.

Not what the monsters wanted.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

This mud was ridiculous. There was just... so much of it.  It was a sloppy mess as Sky stepped through the forest, no longer bearing her dragon-boots, but an old pair of tennis shoes. There was no sense in wearing good ones when they would get dirty so quickly.  She could feel the sun's warm rays peek through the spaces between the trees, onto her body. Sky didn't bother to wear a jacket either. Just a gray long sleeve shirt with a red tee over top and dark blue jeans. Her hair was pulled back into a messy ponytail, her bangs hanging in her eyes. 

Spring was arriving soon. She could tell by the sudden hint of warmth that was in the air and the melting of all of that snow. Of course, there were still remnants. Some snow had become like ice and was still collected in places where the sun rarely hit.  The wind still had a chill, which called for the long sleeve, but it was still nice. Her eyes stared at the scenery around her,  tree's still didn't have leaves, and there were only a few animals out, preparing their nests for their future offspring.

A soft song rang through Sky's ears. It was a pretty voice. Soft, but powerful.  Sky walked past some pine trees, the voice getting a little louder with every few steps. Finally, she peered around a tree and saw Stacey, her hand folded across her stomach.  Sky sighed. Something was bothering her.  She was definitely thinking about something.  Sky knew that Stacey's sudden pregnancy had an impact on her and Aiden.   Sky stepped around the tree.

"Hey Stacey." She said softly.

~Harry Potter~

Haru was sitting against a tree a good distance away from the school and currently unknown to him Stacey.  He was relaxing today so he didn't go all out.  He just had a simple pair of skin tight jeans of a light blue shade with a beaded design going down the left leg.  He also wore a simple white t-shirt that fit his form snuggly.  He didn't have any makeup on at the moment and his hair was in a simple short shaggy cut. 

Haru's arms were wrapped around another form who was positioned with his head on Haru's chest.  This also person was none other than Rhyme.  Rhyme wasn't wearing anything special just his usual ripped jeans and a "Fall Out Boy" t-shirt.  He felt it was way too nice out to wear his heavy leather jacket.  Rhyme sighed happily as he and Haru relaxed together. 

When together Haru and Rhyme where almost always in each other's head at least slightly.  At the moment Rhyme let out a happy sigh since for the first time in a long while he didn't have to hear everything with a mile radius.  Over the years he got used to it and could tune it out like a white noise but just being able to hear the simple things such as a bird chirp without having to hear it as a shrill cry was wonderful.  This miracle was from Haru pulling Rhyme into his own mind so they were both sharing Haru's hearing at the moment. 

As they laid there just listening to the sounds of nature Haru was gently playing with Rhyme's fingers absent mindedly. 

Honey, shifting to your hearing for a second, I think someone else is in the forest Haru mentally sent to Rhyme. 

Hmm? Rhyme mentally murmured as he lifted his eyes to gaze into the distance. 

Rhyme mentally braced himself for the shock of the world coming back to his hearing and even with the bracing his hand clenched Haru's hand who rubbed it to try and ease the pain Rhyme was feeling. 

Oh that's just Stacey, I wonder what she is doing out here...and it sounds like Sky is here too. Rhyme sent to Haru. 

Shall we go see how they are doing? Haru asked.

Sure, but it sounds like they are a good distance away, mind giving me a hand? Rhyme answered asking his own question.

When haven't I? Haru replied with a happy grin. 

Rhyme sent Haru a mental image of Stacey and Sky to help guild them as he let his power flow.  His skin heated up while Haru's grew slightly colder.  Where they were connected their skin glowed, yellow for Rhyme, a blue for Haru.  Haru helped bring order to Rhyme's chaos and together everything just seemed easier.  There was no vertigo or shrill sound that normally happened when he warped space to move.  There wasn't even any harsh rippling of the air.  Still together they simply fell backwards into the tree behind them to emerge from another tree a few feet away from Stacey in the path they expected her to take.  It was rude to appear right in front of someone since that could lead to surprises, attacks, and awkward moments in general. 

As they waited Rhyme let his mind drift back into Haru's as he let Haru's heartbeat and presence relax him. 
They say trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if its broke
But you can still see the crack in your reflection

potter_fan122

Stacey looked up as Sky appeared, slightly surprised. It had been quite a while since she had been surprised by someone`s presence. Normally she knew about everything within her range, which could vary between one and three miles, but she had put up stronger blocks for herself and was trying to limit her powers. More than one doctor had told her it was dangerous for her to use her powers too extensively while she was pregnant, and as annoying as it was to have to limit herself, she did what she was told.

"Hey, Sky. What`s up?" She laced her fingers together over her stomach. She felt weighted down, somehow, like she was being held in place by heavy chains. Her whole worlds seemed to be smaller, in a way. She felt restrained, like a bird in a cage. She even felt like her classes were getting duller as time went on.

Stacey hated dull things. She liked excitement and entertainment. This feeling of... waiting, it was just foreign to her.

Then, like a little blip on a screen, Stacey was instantly aware of something, no, someone. "Wait a sec." he murmured to Sky as she pushed off of the tree and let her hands fall to her sides. Looking around carefully she took a step forward.  Not getting a stronger signal or anything she moved forward again until she was suddenly right next to Rhyme and Haru.

"Bloody hell, Rhyme! You shouldn`t do that to me." She exclaimed, but smiled warmly at the couple. "Hey, Haru."

~Harry Potter~

The duo gave Stacey identical grins as Rhyme got up and held out a hand to help Haru get up.  Rhyme brushed off himself with his hand while Haru made an old fashion felt lint brush appeared and used that instead.  Normally it would only be illusionary but as long as Haru was close to Rhyme he found his illusions solidified into solid objects.  After he was done brushing himself off he flipped the brush into the air and it vanished into nothingness once more.  

"Sorry hun we just decided to stop by and see how everything was going." Rhyme said, not even noticing that his power wasn't showing up as powerfully as before. "Figured you could have sensed us miles away."

Haru looked at Stacey and gave her a strange though not hostile look.  He heard something from Rhyme's hearing that was new to him.  Rhyme probably heard it too though it was blocked out through all the white noise.  Haru, not having it constantly heard more distinctly then Rhyme could.  He counted on his fingers as looked at all the people around.  

One, two, three, four people...but...one, two, three four...five...six?! heartbeats.  Are their animals around? Haru thought to himself keeping his thoughts to himself and not projecting them to Rhyme.  But I don't hear anything else that could be an animal...

((Edited for Stacey's correction ^^))

potter_fan122

((Six. Twins. =P ))

Stacey smiled and shook her head as the two boys stood and brushed themselves off.

"You know I`ve all but closed my mind down. My range is only about fifty feet now. I think the only reason I felt you was because, in escense, you were within my range. You just popped up." A sudden shiver racked through her body and she ran her hands over her arms, looking around again. Her amber eyes fell on Haru. She hadn`t really talked to him much, but she could sort of tell what his powers were. Right now he seemed to be taking power from Rhyme, the power to hear...

Stacey automatically moved her hands to cover her stomach again, her eyes intent on the boy. "Oh, my God." She whispered. Instantly she opened up one of her sheilds and let herself fall into Rhyme`s hearing. There, there it was.

Bum bum. Bum bum. Bum bum.

It was two little heartbeats, pounding just half a beat apart form each other. The teenager looked down to her stomach, amazing, and forgot about Sky, who wouldn`t have a clue what was going on.

~Harry Potter~

Haru grinned when he noticed Stacey's reaction finally figuring out what was up.  When her eyes met his he gave her a small wink and made a sooshing sound lost to Rhyme and too soft for most people to hear.  It was Stacey's own special secret though he was very happy for her. 

To try and break the awkward silence that would soon form Haru offered to do something he very seldom did...for free. 

"Sky, Stacey, did you already go out and by your dresses or dress robes for the next dance?  I would love to show you some of my newest creations or let you come up with something on your own.  Not sure what I will wear myself though I know I will have a hard time dragging this guy away from the DJ's booth." Haru said with a happy higher pitched laugh.  It wasn't high for a girl by any standard though slightly high for a guy.  At the last comment though he looped his arm around Rhyme's and gave him a tug which made Rhyme blush. 

"You know I am one of the few to bring hip music to the dances, otherwise we would have the teachers picking the music or people from the pure wizard families.  Wizard music is nice but I can't live on it alone." Rhyme replied back happily.

"Oh, what is the theme of the next dance?  I can't remember." Haru asked.   

Sky

"I didn't even know that there was a dance coming up." Sky said. "I really appreciate the offer, but I probably most likely won't be attending...." Sky touched her arm absently and sighed to herself. 

She looked up at Haru and then smiled. So this was Rhyme's boyfriend. They looked good together. They had good chemistry.

"The teacher's would probably pick music by Tchaikovsky." Sky said with a laugh.

potter_fan122

Stacey snorted.

"Hey, there is nothing wrong with classical music. It`s just not for school dances." She said with a large grin. "I`d  love to see some of your designs. I`m dragging Aiden down here, but he didn`t seem to reluctant. I think he kinda misses it up here at the castle." She ran her hand over her cold arms, not missing the fact that Sky still seemed bothered by her arm.

~Harry Potter~

Haru grinned as he let go of Rhyme and took a small step forward.  He reached behind himself and in his hand a simple Japanese fan appeared which he moved back in front of himself and flipped open.  The design was of a dragon done in black ink on a white background. 

"You may want to tell me type of style you are looking for.  I got a lot to choose from."

Haru began to wave it in front of his face and as he did it grew in his hand.  It grew to cover all of his body width and half its length.  He then began to move it down in front of himself and as his body was revealed again after being hidden a new set of clothing appeared. 

"This is fun for Halloween though a bit much for most people." He said revealing a full floor length fairytale style gown.  It was powder blue in color with lace and a silver mesh style covering as well as a lot of silver glitter and even a silver tiara.  His eyes were also shadowed with silver eye shadow and pink lipstick.  His cheeks held a nice blush and if one could see under the gown they would see matching powder blue high heels. 

"I could also go traditional Japanese" he said doing another motion with his fan.  This time he wore a silk kimono covered in pink roses.  On his feet he wore the traditional wooden sandals and his hair was put in a bun held with chopsticks.  His makeup changed drastically to the very traditional white mask and bright red lipstick. 

"This is a bit conservative for my taste though would probably go over best" he said one last time with another repeat of the motion.  This time he came out in a women's cut suit.  It was black with silver pinstripes with a black and silver fedora.  Underneath the suit coat Haru was wearing a slightly maroon reddish silk shirt.  He had on black shoes with only a slight heel.  He wore only minimal makeup again on his face just eyeliner, blush and lip gloss. 

At the last change Rhyme raised an eyebrow at the fedora.  "Is that my fedora?" he asked. 

"No..."Haru lied. 

Rhyme grinned and took his fingers and flicked the rim which gave out a clanging sound.  Rhyme had his fedora rimmed with metal to be more...fun in the rougher parts of towns. 

"Uh huh." Rhyme said with a grin.  "Though I must admit I would love to see some people's faces if you walked in as Cinderella."

"Only if you're my prince." Haru replied cutely. 

Sky

Sky found herself giggling as Haru went through the change of outfits. Not because she was being rude, but because she never met anyone like him before. She had never met a man that dressed in woman's clothing. But Haru was a really nice guy. She liked him. He had her blessing to be with Rhyme. 

"I like the kimono." Sky said suggestively. "Especially the sandals. Only, you need a parisol if you wear it."

potter_fan122

Stacey couldn`t help but giggle along with Sky as Haru magically changed his clothing to his different designs.

"I like them all, really, but not exactly my style for a school dance. The Halloween one was nice, but again, not for a dance I`m supposed to be monitering, yet the suit was too boring for me. I need a dress that says 'been there, done that' without scaring any of the students off. I will be attending with Aiden, of course." She said in a smooth tone. She had gone over many costumes over the years, with all of the plays she had been in. She was experienced when it came to clothing.

"A muted gold color would be perfect. Hope I`m not getting too picky." She smiled, her eyes lighteniing slightly. She knew that she could get bossy, and she tried to keep it in check. Still, stuff happened.

~Harry Potter~

Haru went "Hmm..." deep in thought and made a clicking sound with his mouth as he walked forward and walked around Stacey looking her up and down and getting a general idea of what could look good on her.  While he pondered to himself his soft mutterings of "yes...possibly, that could work" could be heard. 

Rhyme could only stand there and grin as he saw Haru having one of his moments.  This was going to be a nice dress he could feel it.  Haru was a great artist when it came to cloths which was why he got so many jobs back in New York.  If a theater wanted a hard to find costume, they want to Haru to get it made.

"Okay now hun, stand still, and don't worry, it, will, be, Fab-U-Lus!" Haru said with a big smile. 

He waved his hands and a curtain appeared surrounding Stacey for privacy.  He got good with doing it as he moved his fan but didn't want to try and risk showing off more than Stacey wanted to show.  After a minute the curtain fell revealing Stacey in a new dress. 

The dress was a simple thingytail dress that, as Stacey requested, in a muted gold color.  It was made out of satin and went down to her ankles and had a slit up to the knee.  It covered everything well and went from the top with two lines from fabric that crossed and went around the neck. 

To go with the dress there were two inch high heels of the same color that had loose weave pattern on part that mimicked the neck of the dress and connected with a small silver buckle.  Also to go with the dress was a thin burgundy belt that went around her waist that would show off her figure. 

The hair took the most time for Haru to decide.  It was hard to find hair the person likes since that is what he found to be the most finicky with people.  He gave her hair a bit of lift and brought up the shade a bit to give it more of a summery look.  ((Hair

On the ground was a simple one compartment purse made with gold dyed leather and a simple silver clasp on top. 

"Ta! Da!  And if you don't like the hair we can easily change it and don't worry, the color is purely illusionary for the moment." Haru said as he conjured a mirror for Stacey to look at. 

(P.S. I got permission from Stacey to do this via PM)

potter_fan122

Stacey hadn`t been surprised at all to suddenly find a curtain going up around her. She grinned widely, but closed her eyes, as she felt a silky fabric form around her. When she opened her eyes again they had turned a chocolate brown and the curtain had disappeared. She looked down at herself and giggled again.

"This is perfect!" She exclaimed, looking into the mirror and turning back and forth to examine the dress more fully. "Even the hair. Not crazy about the color, but I like it." Beaming at Haru, she moved and gave him a little hug then turned to Sky. "What do you think? Personnally, I think you and Jason should go. You look good in dark blue." She winked at her friend, motioning Haru forward.

((Kinda short.))