News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

[never let] go

Started by potter_fan122, April 3, 2010, 12:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

((SKY.))

Alice looked around, her eyes bright. She had made sure she fed the night before so she would be happy today. She wasn`t going to mess today up by being crabby. She turned to face Axel who stood close to her.

"Ready?" She asked. They were going to Apparate to Diagon Alley and wander around. They hadn`t really decided what they were going to do yet, but they knew that they were going to have a good time. She held out her hand and waiting for the warmth of Axel`s hand in hers. She loved the feel of his skin against hers. He made her feel safe and made everything else quiet. She didn`t know how to explain it but when she was near Axel she couldn`t hear other people`s thoughts as well. He was like a dead zone.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Sky

"Ready." Axel said, grasping her hand. He looked over at her, brilliant white smile and happy sky blue eyes. He was excited to be with her today. She put excitement into his life, something he had needed a long time ago. He was wearing a black t-shirt and jeans, since today was nice out.

potter_fan122

Alice grinned and stretched her free hand over her head. She wore a dark blue shirt with a V-neck and long sleeves with a washed-out pair of jeans. It was nice out after the long winter months, but the sun bothered her, too. A large pair of sunglasses was pushed up into her black hair.

"Okay, on the count of three. One, two, three."

She felt a sharp tug somewhere in her stomach as she was pulled from the street where she had been standing. A dizzying sensation washed over her but it only lasted a moment. In the next instant they were both standing in a hollowed-ut section of wall designed just for Apparators. They had landed in Diagon Alley.

"We have arrived."

Sky

Axel nearly stumbled when they arrived. Apparating was not his preferred choice, but he would be okay. He just had to have a second to get rid of the dizzying sensation. Once he gained back his composure, he looked around. Diagon Ally, one of the coolest place in the magical world. He loved it. The Owl Emporium, The Wand Shop, he even liked Gringotts, despite the cranky old goblins.

potter_fan122

Alice smiled as she saw Axel stumble a little. Human reflexes were so slow.

"You okay?" She asked, knowing the answer he would give. "Where do you want to go first?" She pushing the sunglessed over her eyes and looked around. It was just after noon, so the sun was shining right down into the alley. People milled about, shopping or just being social.

Sky

"Well, I was thinking about looking around the Quidditch shop. There's the book store across the street if your not into the sports thing." He said, pointing to the book store where people were constantly entering and exiting. There must have been a sale today, judging by how many people were visiting the store.

potter_fan122

Alice looked at both of the stores carefully.

"You know what, why don`t you go to the Quidditch place and I`ll run over to the book store. There`s a book I`ve been meaning to find." That book happened to be an Olde English dictionary with French translations. She felt a pull towards the bookstore, like she was supposed to be there.

"What do you think?"

Sky

Axel nodded.

"Alright. I'll meet you at...well we can just meet outside the book store when we're done. I shouldn't be too long. I hear there's some new brooms in stock though." A grin stretched across his face.

"See you." He said, and he walked off to the shop.

potter_fan122

Alice nodded and started towards the small shop, winding through people. She reached the doors soon enough and psuhed it open. Axel had been right, the store was having a sale; two chapter books for four dollars, four for six, and six for seven. She locked that into her memory and entered the store fully. It was a collention of new books and old, Muggle and wizard. They didn`t seem to be organized in any particular way, so this wasn`t going to be so easy.

"Hi, my name is Amy, can I help you find anything?" A blond girl asked in a chipper voice. Alice pushed her glasses back to the top of her head.

"If you could direct me to where the dictionaries are kept, that`d be great." She said with a small smile. The blond stared at the vampire closely, and Alice could easily feel the stab of envy that shot through the poor girl.

"In the back of the store you`ll find a door with a flower carved onto it. The dictionaries and encyclopedias are kept there." Amy replied dully, eyes flat.

"Thanks." Alice brushed past the girl and navigated her way to the back of the store. It wasn`t that hard to see the door, it was huge. She saw it from the middle of the place. But she saw something that made her pause.

A man stood with his back to her. The form of his shoulders, the color of his hair... it looked so familiar.

"Seth?" She mumbled, knowing the man would never hear her. She still couldn`t read people`s thoughts very clearly, so there wasn`t a point in prying. The man turned as if he had heard her, but it wasn`t Seth. Alice shook her head and continued to the back room.

~~~

It was quiet in the little room. All four walls were lined in floor to ceiling shelves and row upon rows of books were neatly stacked on them. Alice inhaled deeply, loving the scent on new and old books mixed togther without the smells of humans to get in the way. She had left the door cracked and voices wafted in but she ignored them.

Getting to buisiness she moved towards one wall. Her fingers ran along with spines, trailing over embossed letters and worn leather. Randomly she picked up a book and flipped it open, her back to the door.

Sky

Seth was going to go crazy. The lines in this place were ridiculous and there were people everywhere. He groaned quietly as he pushed past some people blocking the gardening section. His Mother wanted a particular book called Magical Plants and Fungi for some reason. She was about to get started on a garden, now that she was mostly through her recovery. She was getting bored being on bed rest, so it was nice when she found out she was allowed to do mild labor and be outdoors.

He scratched his head, his black hair long and shaggy, about down to his chin. Okay, so there was a book on muggle plants, herbs and spices, venus fly-traps, and poisonous cacti. But he didn't find the book. He looked around, his patience dwindling, and finally saw a worker with a marroon apron and name tag on. It read: Hello, my name is Amy. And she had a button pinned to her apron that flashed different adds.

"Excuse me." Seth called, but she didn't hear him. "Excuse me." He said louder. But the girl just walked away to greet another customer. He sighed, aggravated, and continued searching the shelves of books.

potter_fan122

((You were supposed to jump in. =P =) ))

Alice`s ears twitched. The effects of Axel were wearing off and the thoughts of others were becoming louder. She shook her head and tried to tune them out, but not before she heard one thought.

*xcuse me. Excuse me! Gosh, this is ridiculous.* It sounded just like him. Like Seth. Alice shook her head again, closing her eyes for a moment. It wasn`t him, just that man again.

Sky

The search wasn't going well. Five minutes later, he was still going crazy looking for the weird book. He looked back at the girl, greeting customers, and decided to go ask her for assistance, because looking for the book in a crazy scene like this was not going well for him. It was aggitating. He pushed the people again and walked up the girl.

"Excuse me Mi--." And that's when he saw her. The pale skin, dark hair and sunglasses. Beautiful blue eyes. He hadn't a doubt in his mind that it was Alice.

The girl turned around, bubbly and happy as can be.

"Yes sir? How can I help you?" But Seth wasn't replying. He was staring at her.

"Sir?" The girl said, tilting her head to the side. "Did you need help with something?"

"No, I'm...I'm okay." He said slowly. And then without thinking, he walked over to the girl.

He cleared his throat. "Uh...hey." He said casually.

potter_fan122

Alice thumbed through the pages of the book, stopping on page 243 and scanning the page. It was a book about fungi and wizard plants. She closed the book with a thump and slid it back onto the shelf where she had found it.

"Uh... hey." There. It was that voice again, just as she remembered it. She froze. She didn`t breath or even blink. It was Seth. this time she was sure. She could smell him. Slowly she turned around to face him, letting her body relax.

There he stood, half inside the room like an indecisive child. He looked... sheepish. And tired. So tired.

"Uhm, hi." She replied softly. Somehow she was breatheless. Seth. It was him. Sethsethsethsethsethsehtseth...

Sky

Seth didn't really know what to say. Should he say goodbye or stay and talk? 

"H-how are you doing?" He asked, pushing back his black hair. It always grew so fast. He leaned against the book shelve, putting his hands into the pockets of his dark green jacket. He had a black t-shirt underneath and dark blue jeans. "How's school going?"

He sounded like an idiot. He never should have uttered a word to her. He missed her. And seeing her again made his heart ache for her love. But they were broken up. It was for the best. Though, in the back of his drawer at home, he still had that ring for her. When he went to put clothes away one day, he saw it and realized just how much he regretted breaking up with her. He just couldn't picture himself with someone else. He was like a puzzle, and Alice was the only piece that fit with him.

potter_fan122

Alice stared up at Seth with huge eyes. Was he really there, or had she finally cracked? Was it just an illusion, or was he really there? She took a step towards him, her hands trembling slightly.

*Pull yourself together! He`s going to think you lost it! He`s never going to take you back if he thinks you`ve lost it!* The more sensible voice in Alice`s mind cationed. It was then that she realized that she had taken another step towards him. One more step and she would be right in front of him.

"S--Seth, um... I`m doing good, I guess. Thinks aren`t changing much. Classes are all still boring as hell." Axel had completely left her mind. He didn`t matter anymore. Seth was here, now. Right there in front of her. She could smell him. An animal instinct pushed forward in her and she wanted to touch him, to hold him again. She realized that she had lied to Axel a few days ago. She had told him that she was over Seth because he was in her past. That was so not true. She had never stopped loving him, no matter how mad she was that he left her. She understood, and that was that.