News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

If time could just slow down...just for this one day...(Closed)

Started by purpleraincloud, June 1, 2010, 08:01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purpleraincloud

Avalee walked to Hogsmead in the rain. It was pleasant, tickling her face, and waking her up. It was very early morning, and none of the shops were open. She had tossed and turned all night, restless. A grand total of about 2 hours were slept. She had gotten up, and snuck out without her insane roommate hearing, taking with her only a book, her wand, and her wallet. Her hair was down, and in frizzy, messy curls around her shoulders. Her hair would have to be cut soon, she decided in her mind.

On her body she wore a simple t-shirt and a skirt. Creme colored on top, and a yellow and black vintage print on the bottom. She wore converse on her feet. Although wearing tennis shoes with a skirt or a dress wasn't considered 'fashionable' she wore it anyway. It was comfortable, and that's all that mattered in the moment. The shoes made a soft squeaky noise on the pavement. The soft noise annoyed her. She wanted silence. Complete, chilling silence. This wasn't something she normally wanted, but in this moment she wanted peace.

She paused for a moment, suddenly feeling a bit overwhelmed and paused to take a breath. She didn't feel like crying, but she didn't feel happy either. Just numb. Just scared.

Her mind drifted.

Graduation

The word terrified Avalee. It send shivers down her spine, and make a spark of anxiety light up in the pit of her stomach. She would take a deep breath, but nothing could clear her mind of the shock. Where had time gone? she wondered to herself. She was still a child, not ready for the real word. Not. One. Bit. It felt like she was stuck. In a rut. This school was her home, as so many others had called it. Like Aiden and Stacey. They had both stayed long after their schooling was done. Somehow she would do the same. Her heart would not be ripped away from a home again.

But this is what always happened with Avalee. She grew too attached. To a place, or sometimes to a person. She figured it was probably because of her parents lack of attachment to her. Then when they were gone, she was lost, and did stupid things. On top of that she had just found Axel. Their relationship had just begun, and now... Where were they? Would he leave? They hadn't been going out for too long. But it was the first time in an incredibly long time she felt that deeply for another human being. But, how did he feel?

She couldn't even consider going home. She had been here almost a year, and she had not received one letter from her parents. She had gotten a few letters from friends, but they had drifted apart. Then there were the crazy letters from her most recent ex. She had broke it off with him a few weeks before leaving for Hogwarts. He was the really controlling type. He would call her every five minutes to see what she was doing, or who she was talking to. At least seven of these letters had come, but not one from her parents. Was it punishment? What had she done she wondered?

So there she sat. On a bench. In Hogsmead. A book sat in her lap, unread. She looked off into the woods, thinking. About the future. That topic, the future, was imitating. She had no specific intrest. Not at all. She loved her classes, but no one in particular, and she wasn't especially great in one. She felt as if her life was going nowhere, fast.

So there she sat, thinking, If time could just slow down...just for this one day...
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Sky

Axel was taking a similar trip through Hogsmead, trudging through the muddy streets in the the pouring rain. Not a single store was open, and he really didn't have any intention to shop. He just wanted to walk. His thoughts were all over the place. Being here, without any people, any distractions, it was a nice place to think.

Graduation would be soon. Very soon. It was hard to believe how much this school year has flown by. To think that Axel would be getting his diploma and be on his way in less than a month. Wow. He had no idea what he would be doing. He had no plans to attend a higher level school to further his education. Perhaps he would just live at home and maybe do a simple job. He could grow his own food. Axel would live in his parent's mansion out in the country, away from the city and people.

Then Avalee's sweet face appeared in his head, smiling. What would happen with them? They were both graduating. What were her plans? What would happen between them? They had just started going out but he was so connected with her. She saw good in him. And he needed someone to see more than just...Axel.

He kicked a rock, splatting a few drops of water on his jeans. He also wore a white t-shirt with a brown zip up jacket. But he left it unzipped with his hands in his pockets. Axel proceeded down the street and made a turn around the corner, walking past a bench.

Wait a second....   He stopped and turned around. Avalee? He walked over and stood infront of her.

"Why are you out here in the rain?" Axel asked. He took off his jacket and walked around her, putting it over her shoulders.

purpleraincloud

Almost a smile appeared on her face as their eyes met. For an answer to his question, she just shrugged. Tears sprung up in her eyes as he gave his jacket to her. This one act was so sweet it threw her over the edge. What were they going to do? She wiped a silent tear from out of the corner of her eye. She took a moment, but she was able to stop the tears. Her throat felt dry, and she had to concentrate, but they stopped.

His jacked felt nice around her shoulders. Warming, and it smelled like Axel. The rain hadn't really been bothering her that much, but now she felt comfortable.

Her mind turned to graduation. She wondered what Axel was thinking. What did he plan for. If she was honest with herself, she wanted to stay with him. Wherever he was. Did he plan to go on to a higher type of school? Did she? She was confused and had mixed feelings.

She turned to him. Her eyes filled with questions. But she couldn't get a word out of her mouth, they seemed stuck in the back of her throat.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel waited for a response, but there was no answer. She wiped something from her eye, but he didn't know if it was a tear or if it was the rain.

"Avalee?" Axel said her name softly, like he was trying to convince her of something. But he wasn't trying to convince her to do anything. He sighed silently to himself. She was upset. He could see it etched everywhere across her face. She must have been thinking about after graduation too. Axel sat down beside her, taking her hand and lacing his fingers through hers. He didn't say another word. He just looked at her.

purpleraincloud

She sat there for a second before his voice snapped her out of her trance.

Avalee decided to answer his first question. "I just...I couldn't just lay there awake anymore. I...just couldn't sleep last night." She looked at the ground. She took a deep breath. The scilence made her feel odd now that there was another person there. She squeezed his hand. Then she leaned into his chest. She just wanted to know. She was breaking down. She must seem so emotionally needy to him.

"What's going to happen?" she asked.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel stroked her hair, his fingers finding their way in her frizzy, blonde curls. He shrugged.

"Who knows." He said shortly. "I guess only time will tell. But all I can really say is let's make the best of it in case we have to say our goodbyes." He kissed the top of her head and lifted his head just enough to speak. "I love you Avalee." Then he kissed her once more.

purpleraincloud

Avalee had never said it no matter how much she had wanted to.

"I love you too Axel" She hugged him. No tears came now. She took a deep breath.

It was early and a little misty. Pretty for how early it was. She was incredibly wide awake for how early it was. She was not an early person. She liked to sleep in. Mostly because she couldn't sleep during the actual night.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel smiled softly and was glad to hear those words from her lips. He longed for somebody to love him for who he was. He really was just happy to have someone love him at all because nobody did.

He pulled her onto his lap and wrapped his arms around her waist, resting his chin on her shoulder and staring out into the street.

purpleraincloud

"Why are you out here?" She asked.

It was empty except for them. It was nice now. Having it all to them. It felt nice to be held like this. To be loved. Avalee had never really felt loved before. She had always wanted to be. Axel was the one she had been waiting for. If all that waiting got her him she was happy to wait.
It's just another day

Sky

"Why are you out here?"

Axel really didn't know the answer. He had no idea why he wandered out this far from Hogwarts. He wasn't even doing his usual run. He just started walking and ended up here.

"I just felt like walking I s'pose. I tend to get restless at the school so I relax by using my legs."

purpleraincloud

Avalle smiled down at him, and kissed the top of his head, his damp messy red hair. It was odd being taller than him for once. She had always been short, and seeing the top of his head was different.

"How are you always there when I need you?" She asked, smiling, looking into his clear blue eyes. Thinking. It was so nice just to have someone there. Someone who would listen to her. Someone who needed her back.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel smiled.

"I guess that's just how fate works." He shrugged and wiped the rain water from his eyes.

purpleraincloud

"Do you have any classes soon?" She asked, wondering when they were going to be interrupted. It was pretty early morning and close to the end of the year, so mostly finals were going on right now. She was done with a few, but still had a potions and a herbology final. The two tha she was least worried about.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel shook his head.

"No. Not until after lunch. I have a transfiguration final and herbology final, which I'm going to bomb." He hated herbology. "Do you have any classes? I can walk you back home."

purpleraincloud

"No, not until later. Right now can you just stay here? With me?" She asked, looking into his eyes.

She leaned down and kissed him. Her lips met his and she felt butterflies fill her stomach. It was amazing how he made her feel. She loved it. She loved him.
It's just another day