News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

evening by the lake

Started by cant_stop_love, June 9, 2010, 11:09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cant_stop_love

Faith was leaning against an old tree near the black lake. It was evening and nearly everybody was in the great hall eating dinner. The sun was setting, and the view of golden light reflecting off of dark water was quite similar to the one Faith would see at home. It was beautiful. A slight breeze picked up and faith smiled. It had been a while since she felt the wind run it's gentile fingers through her hair. She reached up and let down her hair combing the knots out of it with her hands. The she stood and went to wade in the lake. The water was cool and the mud freezing. It all reminded Faith of when she was a young girl doing the exact same Thing. but then she had her closest muggle friend with her. Faith didnt have many friends at hogwarts yet, but she was getting there. Faith turned towards the castle, there were a few people slowly making there way down through the grounds having finished dinner early.
"Racist sister!"
"10 points to Dumbledore..."
"Eternal glory... Already got it!"
"Well I'm The Boy That Lived - not died"
"...and he just happens to pick your name out of hundreds, if not FIVE possible students..."
"...and I'll sabotage all the other champions so you win by default."

Aiden

Aiden sat perched up in a tree that overlooked ther murky lake waters.  He noticed as a younger student made her way into the water.  He was a little surprised to find her here during the dinner hours, except he wasn't particularly hungry either.

He tilted his head and jumped from the tree, landing on his feet.  He slowly walked into the water until it went up to his knees, the ends of his black shorts getting soaked.  He looked over to the younger student who was wading in the lake not far from where he stood.

"Hello."  He greeted her quietly.
"Are you new?"

|Aiden Gray|Nineteen|Married|In Over His Head|

cant_stop_love

Faith jumped a little at his voice, she didnt know that anyone was near the lake. She turned and smiled at him.
"Yes. This is actually my third day here." Faith said consciously. She was trying to be friendly, as she knew she could be far too shy sometimes. Faith walked through the water to Aiden.
"Im Faith" she said, holding out her hand to introduce herself.
"Racist sister!"
"...and he just happens to pick your name out of hundreds, if not FIVE possible students..."

Aiden

Aiden reached his own hand out, and shook hers gently.  He flipped his hair out of his eyes and looked at Faith.

"I'm Aiden."  He said after she had offered her own name.
"Do you like it here so far?"  He asked, trying to be outgoing.

He slowly moved his hand around in the dark, murky water.  The coldness that it offered was comforting in the hot, evening summer.  It was calm and relaxing, making Aiden feel completely at ease.

cant_stop_love

"Yes I suppose so. It's so busy here. Still adusting I guess." Faith said watching him dangle his fingers in the water.
"I haven't seen you in any of my classes, you're not in my year are you?" Faith pondered. Faith moved her toes in the water, now watching the swirling cloud of mud fill the water around her legs.
"Racist sister!"

Aiden

Aiden shook his head at her question.  He still remembered when he went to school here, he missed the good and even the bad days.  However, he was older now and he remembered how immature he was, and the childish way he looked at things.

"Nope."  He replied, making a pop sounds on the letter P.
"I've already graduated.  I still live here, though.  I'll usually hang around the school most days."

cant_stop_love

"oh." Faith, being quiet around people she doesn't know well, was running out of things to say. And making conversation with people she just met was not one of her strong points. On top of that, she was becoming more intimidated by the second by Aiden's age and confidence.
"Um, so which is your house? I'm a hufflepuff." Faith asked in an attempt to keep talking.
"Racist sister!"

Aiden

Aiden smiled lightly, and tilted his head to one side.  He noticed how she seemed quiet and somewhat nervous, maybe even intimidated.  He wondered why.

"I'm- or I was in Griffyndor."  He replied in an anything but smug expression.

He moved his hair out of his dark eyes, and looked down at Faith.
"I never really went to class much.  I'm surprised I didn't fail straight out of all of them."  He pointed out in an amused tone, trying to make her feel more comfortable.

"What classes do you have?"

cant_stop_love

Faith smiled at his light humor. She was feeling a little less intimidated now.
"All the basic classes along with Arithmancy." said Faith as she began wading back out of the lake, motioning for Aiden to come with her. She was getting tired of standing and the water was now a little to cold for her liking.
"Racist sister!"

potter_fan122

((Hi, I`m just going to jump in here. =) I hope you like it here, Faith.))

Stacey slowly wandered out from the edge of the forest. She had a basket levitating behind her that stayed about a foot and a half behind her. In the basket was an assortment of leaves and small pieces of wood. She was planing her classes for next year, and she wanted to get a head start.

As she moved her sky blue eyes scanned the ground. She saw two figures near the lake, but they were sillouetted and she couldn`t tell who they were. Still, it was almost dinner time. They should be inside. She set off towards them with an easy lope. As soon as she moved a few feet, though, there was a sharp twinge in her stomach. It was Aiden.

Stacey`s pace quickened until she was running, the basket rushing along behind her.

"Hey," She said when she got closer, "what are you doing up here? Hi, I don`t know your name, but I know you`re new." She directed her first question to Aiden, the second to the girl.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

cant_stop_love

Faith looked up as a new voice came towards her. Still heading towards the tree where she had begun the evening, she replied
"yeah, I'm Faith." she said smiling.
Faith tensed up a little at seeing another person come up to her. But maybe she would get better at this getting to know new people thing.
"Racist sister!"

Aiden

Aiden felt Stacey's presence before she was even close to them.  His eyes scanned the woods for a quick moment before she retreated from them and started to walk towards him and Faith.

Aiden followed Faith out of the water and onto the beach where Stacey met them.
"Do you like your classes?"  He asked her before looking at Stacey.
He stepped beside her an entwined his fingers with Stacey.

"I was just relaxing by the beach before I saw Faith.  I knew she was new so I introduced myself."  Aiden replied.
"What are you doing here, love?"

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled widely at Faith. It was clear that the poor girl was shy, but Hogwarts could be an intimidating place sometimes.

"Well welcome to Hogwarts, Faith. I hope you like it here, there`s a lot of nice people at this school." As she said this she squeezed Aiden`s fingers and leaned into him. "I was just collecting some leaves and bark for classes next year. I`m thinking about doing a scavenger hunt or something." She shrugged and looked over to the castle, then to the forest.

"So Faith, I know that someone probably told you about the things in the forest, but there`s stuff in the lake too." She nodded towards the large body of water. Her and Aiden`s pants were still wet from wading into the water. Aiden knew what was in there, but Faith wouldn`t.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

cant_stop_love

Faith smiled in acknowledgment to Stacey's welcome. She did like it here so far. And she had indeed heard about the forest, some pretty bad things too. But the lake...? Faith never really had much reason to fear the water, as it listened to her so well. But she had in fact not heard of anything living in it that could be too threatening.

"hm, well i know about the giant squid. lots of stories about that." Faith turned around briefly to the lake behind her to look at the huge ripples being made by the lake's most known inhabitant.

It was befuddling to Faith, with half a conversation going on then starting another. She then addressed Aiden remembering he had asked her a question.

"My classes are great, if you don't count history of magic. It's worse than the muggle history classes I took in the United States as a little kid."
Faith already felt like she was talking too much, but she didn't want to seem put-off ish.
"Racist sister!"