News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Every Rose Has It's Thorn

Started by Sky, June 13, 2010, 01:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

Freedom.

That was the word that stuck out to Axel tonight. Those two syllables had so much meaning. He could finally live his life the way he wanted. He was done. He didn't even care about money or anything. He was just glad to be finished. But that word also left his future foggy.

The red head sat on large boulder that rested along the shore of the far side of the black lake. He had changed into jeans, but kept his white shirt, save the tie. He sat indian style, his hands hanging off his knees and his sky blue eyes staring into the water that glimmered with the light from the setting sun. There was a gentle, chilly breeze that blew against his skin and pushed his hair to the side. He didn't budge though.

Axel should have been back on the grounds, celebrating with everyone. He could hear music from where he was. But tonight was his and Avalee's night. And he didn't want to be back there among the people and noises. He wondered if she knew where to find him. He had sent her an owl with a note that said Meet me at the lake. But didn't leave a time and didn't say which part.

He raised his hand into the air and made a large flame in the shape of a star and shot it above him several feet as a signal.

purpleraincloud

Avalee crept barefoot through the woods, still in her formal dress from the earlier event. She was warm, and a soft blush colored her cheeks. The cool summer night breeze made her almost cold. The ground was soft and damp beneath her feet, which were still aching from the heels she had worn that morning. Her hair was a bit frizzy, but still well curled.

She couldn't believe it. She had graduated. She no longer attended the school. She was an adult. She was amazed, yet terrified. She had no plans. But at least the summer was free to be spent as she pleased. She had heard other students. Most of them were traveling over the break, or has summer intern jobs. Some already had jobs for the fall lined up. Avalee hadn't the faintest idea. But that's not what tonight was about.Tonight was about two people. Her and Axel. Not her classmates behind her, celebrating back on the main grounds. Tonight was her and Axel out by the lake. One night where time stood still and they could just be in love.

She saw a beautiful star shaped flame fly up, and she knew where to find him. She quickened her pace. Eager to see his face. Eager to be in his arms. She broke into the clearing, out from the trees, and saw the back of Axel's head.

"Hello, love" She said to him, smiling.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Sky

"Hello, love."

The words startled Axel, but a smile still managed to form on his face. He twisted himself around and waved.

"Hello there." He said softly. He motioned for her to sit beside him.

purpleraincloud

She smiled softly and walked over to him, walking almost too fast stumbling a bit with her lack of shoes. She sat next to him, instantly intwining her fingers with his. It felt so good just to hold his hand. She though of the Beatles song momentarily. It was nice just to have this, and sit with him. She looked at his face.

"How are you?" She asked quietly.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel shrugged.

"Oh, I'm alright I s'pose." He turned his head to kiss her cheek. "And how are you my darling?  The flaming star above them had gone out as another light gust of wind blew. Axel sighed. "It's windy out here."

purpleraincloud

"Alright" She replied. "It is, but it's cool out, which is nice. I had to walk throught the party to get here, and it was crowded, and hot. Here it's, just so...peaceful. I like it." she said softly. His kiss felt nice on her cheek. It melted her heart.

She leaned on him gently. "We are free. Aren't we?" she asked, the sound of epiphany on her voice. She looked up into his eyes.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel nodded.

"Yeah...free. I guess we are." He stared up at the darkening sky and squeezed her hand. "What's going to happen to us?" He asked.

purpleraincloud

"I don't know. I don't want to be away from you." She stated  in an earnest voice. She really didn't she hadn't felt this happy in years. She didn't want to be alone, without him, ever again. At least for the summer.  This was supossed to be a joyus occasion, and she was sad, she already felt an ache of him not being there, scared.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel cleared his throat and turned to face Avalee.

"Sweetheart...," never did Axel ever imagine saying those words to someone, "you have so much going for you. And I live so far away. You're so intelligent, you could work for the Ministry. Or...or St. Mungo's. Me, I've got nothing. I don't have the intelligence to hold a decent job here. I have nothing to offer you." He started to play with the ends of her hair, so focused on each strand that ran through his fingers.

purpleraincloud

She watched him play with her hair, as she tried to process what he had just said. Here eyebrows pushed together, and she started breathing harder.

"Axel you are amazing, I love you. You love me. Your brilliant, and funny, and you treat me right. I love you. You are so much more than you think." Avalee paused as something clicked.

"Axel...are you trying to break up with me?" She asked devistated and worried. She had been dumped many times in her life, and many of them sounded like this.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel started to speak but no words came out. He dropped his hand and turned back to face the lake, taking a deep, long breath of the fishy air.

"I-I don't know what I'm doing right now, Avalee. I honestly have no idea. I want you to be happy and I just have nothing to offer you. I'm not good enough for you. I have so much growing up to do."

purpleraincloud

She opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out for a moment. She took a deep breath. Anxiety bubbled up on her stomach, and tears collected in her eyes. They didn't spill over, yet. She sat up straighter. They hadn't gotten the timing right. If they had fallen in love merely a year ago they could be together and sure of themselves. But now...

"So do I, Axel. The best job I have lined up is being a stupid herbology intern, sure I'm a ravenclaw, but I'm not the best. You are amazing. Don't..." she said, and stood up, catching fresh air.  
It's just another day

Sky

Axel went to grab her hand, to keep her from leaving him alone on the rock, but he reached a second too late. He lowered his head, staring at his legs and hands.

"Don't what, Avalee?" 

purpleraincloud

"Don't do this. Don't leave me. Don't make me be alone again. Don't make yourself be alone again..." She said this in an almost begging tone but just trailed off. She remembered just weeks ago when they had seen eachother that early morning in Hogsmead, and it was so easy. She could just kiss him and everything was okay. He could just hold hold her in his arms. It was cold now, and Axel's body was always so warm.

She thought to herself What have I screwed up this time? Because she knew it was her fault.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel closed his eyes. The words she spoke were like blades slowly piercing into his skin, and pulled out only to be stabbed again and again.

Don't make yourself be alone again...

Those words struck him the hardest. And they made him sad, but also a little angry.

"I don't care about being alone." He said. "I've pretty much been like that nine years of my life. I'm used to it by now." His voice had an edge to it, something he would come to regret tonight and lay in bed, sleepless, wanting to apologize. But right now, he was so distracted by everything going on.