News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

{Oh, I'm so naive...}

Started by purpleraincloud, December 28, 2010, 02:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

purpleraincloud

"Hi" She said simply. Knowing he could smell Seth. She knew she had screwed everything up. She loved Axel. She always had. And now he was back. It was some sort of miracle. She knew that she was going to have to fix things. Her hair was messed up, her eyes were wet and tired. She looked up into his eyes and showed how defeated she was. It had been a long six months. She had died inside, tried to kill herself, and had fallen for Phoenix. She still loved Axel. It was always Axel.

"I missed you."
She wished she could replace these words with I love you.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

Sky

"Hey." Axel replied with a careful smile. He leaned into the table with his elbows. "I missed you too. And...I know I have a lot to explain...."

purpleraincloud

I love you Axel. I need you to remember that. And I need you to remember that you were dead for six months. And you didn't even try to contact me.

She paused, and sat straighter up, thinking.

I need you to realize that life was absolute hellwithout you. I tried to throw myself off the astronomy tower. I have no friends and Alice and Seth didn't even try to apologize. They said it was your fault. They told me that I never even knew you. That you weren't the person I loved. And you wouldn't come back for me. And you didn't. I was, and still drink far too much. I have all your stuff, and I've had nightmares. She paused again. Taking a breath.

You died in my arms. How was I supposed to deal with that?

Avalee sighed. She hadn't gotten into what happened with Seth, only a half hour earlier...
It's just another day

Sky

Axel sighed and remained silent for a little while before speaking.

"I love you too. And I'm sorry. You know, for what you saw and for what happened over this six month period. After I was revived, I realized I needed time to grow up a little. I needed time to change. I nearly killed people. I hurt others. That's not the kind of man for you. And then...Alice told me you met someone. A professor back at school is what I've heard." He made sure to look her in the eyes. "He can give you a better life than I ever will."

purpleraincloud

"But I love you."

She paused. Knowing that they needed this out in the open. She shook her head and bit her cracked, chapped lips.

"I know you can smell him in here. On me." She looked down, almost ashamed. Something had happened with Seth. But he was married.
It's just another day

Sky

It bothered Axel a little, but not as much as it would have half a year ago. He merely shrugged.

"I don't care, Avalee. I really don't." He said. "What's done is done."

purpleraincloud

"We kissed, Axel." She said this in a tone like he didn't understand. Did he understand what had happened?

If the places were reversed she would have been furious, she wouldn't have trusted him at all anymore. Kissing the person who killed him? It was ridiculous. Something so wrong.

She could vividly remember the passion and lust in the kiss. And him ripping off the ring...
It's just another day

Sky

Axel looked at her now with glaring eyes.

"What the heck do you want me to do, Avalee? You kissed him. Do you want me to go hunt him down for round 2?" Actually, that sounded kinda nice. Payback for the scars he was given.

purpleraincloud

"Why aren't you hitting me? Why don't I have a red mark on my cheek from being put in my place for being an idiot! How are you not furious with me?! How can you stand to look at me?! He killed you, and I have hated him for so long!"

She was shouting at him. Not understanding. He didn't love her. If he did he would have found her ages ago. As soon as he had come back. Phoenix or not she deserved that much.
It's just another day

Sky

Axel pounded the table with his hand.

"What kind of person do you think I am!? I have never ever laid a hand on you and I don't plan to start now. How could you even think that?" It killed Axel that Avalee would think he would hurt her. He wasn't that kind of man. "I never died. You shouldn't hate him. You should hate me! I'm the one who avoided you. I'm the one who never told you the truth!"

purpleraincloud

Avalee hit her forehead with her palm and shoved her bangs out of her eyes. She deserved to be hit. She knew she did. Axel was just too nice.

"I love you, Axel! And it was hell with you gone! But your back, and I still love you!" She was shouting at him. She just wanted to fix this and be happy again.
It's just another day

Sky

"I know...." Axel sighed. "I wish I could take it back. I wish you didn't have to suffer through all of that. It wasn't fair."

purpleraincloud

She sat there, and looked at her hands. They clenched into fists and unclenched again. She was so dissapointed in herself. She finally had her chance of winning Axel back, even if he was in love with Alice, and she had f***ed it up. Her blond hair was frizzy from the wetness of the snow, and messed up from her stolen moment with Seth.

Seth..., she thought. What had happened? What was that?! It was crazy. And she still felt all odd inside from it. Did he have feelings for her? She wondered about him. Was he with Alice now? Had they made up, or was his ring off for good? Was it her fault?

"Axel?" Avalee asked quietly, all of a sudden.

It's just another day

Sky

"Yes?" He replied, sitting up.

((1 liner!))

purpleraincloud

"Do you love her?"

Avalee asked this looking at a plant in the corner. She couldn't look in his eyes, not anymore. It was too difficult. Made her too emotional. She already cried too much as it was. It would just be embarrassing to cry now. This question needed to be asked, and ideally, answered.

Still it was awkward to ask. Mostly because she was scared of his answer, but also cause she was afraid of how his feelings for Alice compared to his feelings for Avalee. Alice was married. And Avalee had been mourning him all these months, while he lived.
It's just another day