News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Do you know?

Started by Sky, August 19, 2011, 12:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

Summer wasn't over, but Fall was on it's way. It didn't take a calendar to explain that to Mrs. Skylar Mitch. She just knew. The way the sun set, earlier and earlier. And the nights were becoming colder. Not too much, but enough to notice a change. But today, today was beautiful.

The black haired, gray eyed woman stood beside a thin, flowered tree. Pink petals sprouted from the fuzzy brown circle that made up its center. It gave off such a wonderful aroma. And in her arms was a baby boy, several months old, reaching for the flowers. Sky smiled and pointed to the scene before her.

It was a brilliantly built castle, made of the finest stone and it had such a beautiful structure. She took a step forward so the gray eyed boy could see. His eyes grew wide as he saw the giant building.

"Ha' warts!" He said suddenly.

"That's right, Char. That's Hogwarts. The best home I've ever had."

She kissed her son, who looked so much like his father, the man she had so much love for, on the forehead. How had she lived before Char? He was her life now. He was her everything. She tousled his brown hair and smiled.

Ginny Thompson

The choices you make; make you who you are

Sky

((It's open to anyone. :) ))

Crazy_About_You

There was something about this path that was totally enchanting to Zepha. The trees hung down like a canopy leaving small gaps for beams of sunshine to gleam through and the flowers zig-zaged along the edges. It was beautiful and amazing and was a place that Zepha found herself coming back to. If you walked far enough you would find a small clearing through you could see the school, and even as a graduate she still found the stone walls and and high towers astounding.

Zepha knew that school was starting soon and the thought brought a small prick of sadness to her stomach. She would miss it but was happy to move on to bigger and better things. As she reached the clearing she could see a young woman standing and gazing at the school. As she got closer she recognized the woman to be Sky, a woman who Zepha had as a teacher. She could see that she was holding her small son, Char, and smiling. Zepha walked up beside her and smiled, "Its beautiful isn't it.". She hadn't seen Sky since before graduation and was glad to see her again.
"You have to belive in something or you will fall for anything."

Sky

Sky jumped a bit, not expecting to have someone there with the two of them. But once she saw who it was, a big, warm, smile came to Sky's face. It was a student of hers, Zepha. She was a very good student and received excellent marks in class. Char squirmed in Sky's arms so that he could see the source of the voice.

"Yes it is." Sky said. "Especially when the sun sets right behind it. Then the castle has this really neat glow about it."

Crazy_About_You

Zepha smiled, Sky was right it would be beautiful to see that. "So what brings you two up here on a night like this?" she asked, now bringing her attention from the castle in the distance but to Sky and Char.

Char had gotten bigger since the last time Zepha saw him. Back then he was a little bitty baby, but now he was bigger and actually speaking a little.  "He looks like you, you know?" Zepha said to Sky.

Sky

"We were just going for a walk since it was so nice out this evening. Thought my little boy should get to enjoy the outdoors before the snow kicked in." Sky said as she messed with Char's hair again. She smiled at him and then looked to Zepha. She had said he looked like her.

"You think so? His eyes are definitely like mine. But he has the same look as Jason. Sincere, but strong and almost sad like at the same time." She paused. "Would you like to see him?" She adjusted her hold on the baby and held him out to Zepha. "He's not very shy." She said when he reached out to her, one hand trying to grab some hair.

Crazy_About_You

"No kidding that sounds like a good plan." Zepha replied, remember how wicked the winter before had been. "And yeah I think he looks like you, but then again I don't know his dad so I guess if I knew what he looked like my opinion could differ." Zepha looked down at the infant, he was adorable like most kids his age.

"Sure" Zepha said as she reached out and took Char from Sky. "Hi Buddy, how are you?" Zepha asked in her sweetest voice as she let Char wrap his little fingers around her big one. As he grabbed onto her hair she smiled "You don't say."

Sky

Sky watched as her son interacted with the girl. He was a sweet little man. He smiled and giggled as he looked about the new person, studying her and whatnot.

"So what brings you here? Just felt a need to get out?"
Sky asked, glancing at the school behind her.

Ginny Thompson

Trent had been waiting for his friend, Zepha.
He decided to go look for her, which he looked for ages.
Zepha had helped him and been by his side for at least the whole year. He couldn't have had a better friend, they'd have met in funny places, including the forest and his common room even the dreaded lake.
"Zepha?" he called.
He finally spotted her with someone holding someone. He squinted his eyes to see what it was. Could it have been a baby or not?
He crept a little further and hid near a tree. He could hear voices but not exactly words.
He finally decided to show himself. He didn't want to stay here for ages behind this tree.
"Zepha, i finally found you!" he said happily acting it out as if he hadn't been spying but just noticed her.
"Uh, Hi there," He said to the stranger standing next to his friend not wanting them to feel left out.
He felt a bit awkward there he thought.
Then he noticed a boy, that he'd seen before!
"Hello there" he said to her son.

Crazy_About_You

Zepha looked at Char as she answered Sky "I'm starting to get homesick I suppose, or school sick." she glanced up at the castle. "Its not even been 4 months and I already miss it like crazy. And to think I couldn't wait to get out of there." there was something about those tall brick walls that was so comforting and inviting.

As she heard footsteps aproaching behind her Zepha turned her head and saw her friend Trent aproaching behind her. "Hey Trent. This is Sky Mitch, she teaches at Hogwarts. And this little guy here is her adorable little boy Char." she nodded her head at the little boy. "Ms. Mitch this is my friend Trent. Maybe you've had him in classes before or something." Trent was a pretty smart kid and was probably bound to run into Sky sometime, if he hadn't already.

Sky

"Hi there, Trent." Sky said with a warm smile. It was odd being a teacher sometimes. Stacey and Sky weren't even a decade older than most of their students. Sky wasn't even 21. In fact, she had only been 20 for a little while. Sky felt more like a big sister to a lot of the students around here.

"You guys better be careful out here. Normally, I'm supposed to warn you against coming here. But that would make me a hypocrite. When I was in school, I was in this forest regularly."

Crazy_About_You

Zepha smiled slyly at Sky, "But Ms. Mitch I am a graduate." She said as she placed a hand on her chest. "No rules to be broken." she said in a joking voice. Zepha still wasn't sure what she wanted to do with her life, so for now she'd been hanging around the school, doing a few jobs here and there to get by.

"I'm not sure why they make it against the rules, the majority of students have been out here at some point." Zepha agreed, the forest was one of her favorite places. Maybe it was a smidge dangerous but that never hurt anyone right?

Ginny Thompson

No wonder that face looked familiar, a teacher and to think Sky looked a bit like a student like Zepha, a graduate.
Trent remembered the time Zepha and him had stepped foot into the forest together just before the Christmas break.
"I'm not a graduate, but we've been here before, and besides this is my special place I hang out when I wanna be alone" he announced the others.
Was he being a bit snobby towards them or was it just what he thought.
"So Sky what subjects do you teach?" he wanted to know in case he had her and wanted to be aware when he did have her that is was Sky, if you know what I mean.
He stood there interestedly waiting for an answer from either one of them.

Sky

"Very well." Sky said to Zepha. "Just be careful, okay? I'm sure you're quite capable of fending off banshees on your own, but I can't help but to worry about the well being of my current and previous students.

"I teach Potions." Sky said. "Elixers, formulas, you name it, I can probably make it." She lifted Char into the air and giggled with him. "Who's my little superman?" She said, bumping noses with him. He reached out and smacked her in the face. But all she could do was laugh. It was just too cute.