News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Dursleys not in GOF!

Started by Fawkes, May 6, 2004, 11:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fawkes

I got this topic from one of the Harry Potter sites. Here it is:
------------------------------------------

Actor Richard Griffiths' agent told Newsround Online that Richard was "very disappointed" not to be appearing as Uncle Vernon in the film.

Griffiths also told a newspaper that he was hoping for a fans' revolt.

He said he'd even asked JK Rowling to try and get his character re-instated, but the fourth book is very long.

Griffiths is reported as saying "I said to JK Rowling: "Couldn't the Dursleys turn up to an open day at Harry's school or something,' but she said, 'I don't think so'."

The book of The Goblet of Fire is so long that there as no way that the filmmakers could fit everything into the movie.

It now looks as if the action will start at The Burrow or the Quidditch World Cup.

Although he says he won't be in this film, Richard Griffith says he's hoping to be back for Order of the Phoenix.

Jin Kazama

Thanx 4 the news Fawkes ;)

Fawkes

Your welcome, Parvati! ;)

Kiara Johnson

cool thanks.  and I trhink it makes perfect sense not to start at the Dursley's this time.  I know th=e book is long and I knew they'd have to cut a lot of parts from it for the movie.  This, is just one that can be easily cut with out hurting the original story.

Ginny Weasly

Yeah, I'd rather they cut this than something like the dragons
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

Fawkes

Quote from: Ginny Weasly on May 10, 2004, 04:08:55 AM
Yeah, I'd rather they cut this than something like the dragons
yeah or anything else from the triwizard tournament.

Sabastian

Yes, to cut somethig from the TWT would be awfull.  I woul dhave to kill the whole lot of em'   ;)
No person should be made to feel "Put Down" by you: avoid hurting others hearts as you would avoid a deadly poison.

Fawkes

Ginny Weasly

*gets out a kinfe* Can I help?
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

AcId_BrOoZ

yea, 'tis good that they don't start it with the dursleys. ;D
"There are no flowers known at this time
There'll be no angels gracing their lives
Just these stark words I find
I'd show a smile but I'm too weak
I'd share with you could I only speak
Just how much this hurts me"
-A.F.I. 'This Time is Perfect'

googl

Do u think I always thought the Dursleys were funny....Especailly Dudley,,,,Wider than he was talll>LOL ;D
Please visit my site there is a members area now with a brand new forum!!!  To visit go to htpp://get-me.to/googl/

pig

yea fuuny but ile miss seeing the tonge tye tofffe and the weasleys geting stuck in the fire place

emily824

it all has to do with this really stupid new director! i mean what's the deal he's changing everything! like in the POA, he changed where the whomping willow was located as well as Hagrid's hut! i mean what's up with that?! and the quidditch robes changed and those stupid goggles! UUUUURRRRGGGHHH sorry he just ruined the movies!
Harry Potter and the Signs of the Dark Lord

new chapters are in so read it if you follow the story! ;)

Fawkes

The director has to change some things to suit the movie. I don't know why they changed what you mentioned but yeah...

ronweazley122

Quote from: emily824 on July 28, 2004, 10:17:28 AM
it all has to do with this really stupid new director! i mean what's the deal he's changing everything! like in the POA, he changed where the whomping willow was located as well as Hagrid's hut! i mean what's up with that?! and the quidditch robes changed and those stupid goggles! UUUUURRRRGGGHHH sorry he just ruined the movies!
...HE didn't direct the goblet of fire.Cuaron was a good director,but they made way to many cuts.It was excellent movie wise,but...They cut way to much out.Anyway,theres a new director at the moment.
hey, I'm back.If you want to talk to me outside of HPF, my myspace url is www.myspace.com/hawthorne_park_forever Just add me.

You're someone, who knows someone who knows someone I once kne