News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Pandora’s Box

Started by Kiara Johnson, August 14, 2007, 04:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiara Johnson

Chapter One

The wind blew a gentle breeze through the trees making their leaves rustle slightly, the only noise heard in the small grove outside 1598 Grove Street. The well-manicured lawn seemed to be made of black grass in the darkness so complete that even the small porch light hanging on the locked door seemed small and insignificant. The small home was silent, and dark, save for one small light near the back, barely visible to the street that past it not 20 feet away.  Its cobalt paint was new; the black trim around the small windows and the dark green curtains that could be seen inside, drawn back so that anyone might see the tiny living area could not be distinguished in this total darkness.

There was a movement inside, someone passing the opening to the tiny living area and moving toward the only light on in the house.  Kiara walked into the room and sat herself down in front of a large book, it's pages yellowed with age and she laid her coffee cup on the table to the right with a gentle clunk on the wooden surface.  The room was rather small but perhaps larger than the living area as she spent more time here than any place else in her home.  The walls were lined with books, none of them dusty or unused, all looking worn, their leather covers, on most, cracked so that one could tell they have been opened many times, some of them so old that not even she knew what the covers were made of, and with some, she didn't want to know. She turned a page in the large tomb, careful not to break it's aging paper and reached to her right and took up her coffee and began to read.

This particular book had been acquired with help from Hermione, her brother's wife and long time friend to Kiara.  It was a book on the souls of the dead a most dark book and dangerous for any who did not hold power enough to keep themselves from sub coming to its darkness. 

There was a sound outside, a scraping as if something was scratching at her front door and she looked to her left and tilted her head.  She wasn't concerned, nothing could get through that door unless she willed them to but that didn't make her any less curious about the noise.  She stood up after placing a velvety ribbon inside the pages of her book and closing it.  Then she stepped out into the dark hallway and into her tiny living area, her feet making no noise on the plush green carpet as she moved to the door.  She paused and listened, there it was, that scratching again, she had no idea what it could be but she wasn't stupid enough to open the door so, she walked to the side window and looked out.  There was nothing there.  She waited a bit longer to hear it again, but nothing came.  With a heavy sigh, she moved back to her reading room and opened her book back up again.

Ginny Weasly

My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

dobby888

yes very nice!!! I just don't know what the connection is between the story and pandoras box.... but I'm sure that that will come.

Kiara Johnson

OH, it will come, I will post more later
thanks

dobby888

ur welcome....THANK YOU!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

harrypotterfan:)

Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

Kiara Johnson

Hermione was walking around the living room holding her youngest in her arms.  The infant child had been fussy all night and so like any good mother, she now walked her about the room, talking to and holding her baby in an attempt to calm her.

Harry was still asleep, he was having strange and disturbing dreams of floating through the darkness, savage thoughts entering his mind, the likes of which he'd not felt in a very long time.  He was watching a tiny house, there was only one light on and it had seemed empty but then a shadow crossed the open window and he felt himself grow ever more displeased.  He saw his hand, no, it wasn't his, it belonged to a shadowy form so dark that it seemed to suck in all light thrown at it.  He wrote something on a door, though he couldn't make out what it was. Suddenly his eyes popped open and he heard Hermione calling for him form the living room, their daughter was wailing loudly, thy both sounded scared.

Harry sprang from his bed, totally unaware of his slumbering dream and ran into the room.  When he got there he was met with a scraping and ratting to their front door, was something trying to come through?  There was a scraping to along with the rattling, he snatched his wand off the end table where he had left it before bed and walked over to the side window to peer out into the black night.

fudge0604

GOOODY GOOODY!!! Meza likz ze stori!! ;D

Post Potter depression.

((LOL....okay....descriptive but Kiara it's so strange indeed.....your posts are usually really long....what happened.....LOL ;) like it so far ;D ))
Never argue with an idiot. They'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

some people wonder what my real name is....it's Faith.....don't make fun of it please=]

Kiara Johnson

(What, lol, like this...)

"Harry! Be careful."  Hermione's shaken cry followed him to the window, her voice rising about the screaming child's wails of fear.

Harry turned slightly towards her and smiled somewhat reassuringly to her, letting her know he had no intentions of opening that door, not with his family inside he wouldn't.

When he peered outside, he saw nothing and the rattling and scraping stopped; there was nothing but the darkest of night's that fell upon the lawn that surrounded their home.

The baby stopped crying and even started cooing happily now in the shaken Hermione's arms as Harry moved away from the window and walked over to them.  "How long has she been fussing?'  He asked her.  "About an hour, why?"  Hermione asked. "You think she knew something was coming?"  Harry asked another question now looking down at his daughter; her large round emerald stare gazing perfectly happily back up at him. "W, well I suppose she could have, but what.."  Hermione started to ask, but Harry stopped her.  "Put her to bed now, we'll check things out in the morning, I don't think it is wise to try and figure this out tonight."  He told her and then after giving his girl's a kiss he walked back to his room, wand still in hand.

Thought he had a burning desire to open up that front door right now and check for whatever it had been, he wouldn't.  He would have to wait until tomorrow, no sense in getting Hermione all riled up, he would sit up and keep watch over his family during the remainder of the night, but come morning, he would find out more.

Kiara walked out of her front door, the morning was chill and she wore her thick robe to keep it away.  Her neighbor, old Mrs. Jursly was standing on her front porch and looking over at Kiara, as if she' d been waiting to see when she'd come out.  The old lady was a Muggle, Kiara had chosen to live amongst them for the simple fact that they used no magic and she could hear the world better from a magically quiet location, she of course, kept them all protected for she never knew just when someone ot thing, might try and come after her again.

"There's something on your door Miss Maul."  The old lady said in her dusty voice.

"What?"  Kiara asked as she bent over to collect the newspaper on her front porch.

"Your door, looks like someone vandalized it in the night."  The woman stated again.

"Oh, well then..." Kiara started as she reached up and began to close the door s that she might have a look.

Kiara's hand was steady in front of the old woman but her heart was pounding faster than a hummingbird's wings as she remembered the scraping and banging of last night and when she looked at the front of the door, she gasped, putting a hand to her mouth.

"I know, terrible the things teenagers do these days, well, I just thought I'd let you know, if it were me, I'd find the little boogers myself and have em' strung up."  The old lady was saying.

Kiara turned to her and nodded.  "Yes, of course."  She stated in a quiet voice.  "Thank you."  She added and then turned toward the door again.

"You are welcome and good morning to you."  The old lady stated and then stepped back into the warmth of her home.

At the first sign of light Harry rushed to the front door, Hermione and the children still slept on in silent slumber as he pushed the door open and stepped outside in to the cool air.  His eyes looked around for signs of something or one that might have been out on their lawn but saw nothing, and then, he reached up and slowly began closing the door, his eyes wandering down the perfect Oak structure until it had been fully closed and now, he saw it, his mouth dropped open and his face turned several shades whiter than normal, his feet even took a few steps back as his head turned to the left then right, he whirled around one time to look out over the quiet street but nothing was there, no one was there, he was alone in the dewy morning.  His heart racing he knelt in front of his door and reached a finger out toward the mark he had found there, though never quite touching it, he traced the familiar sign and the letter that had been burned underneath it, the large 'V'.

"Kiara!"  He sent his silent thought out to his sister.

"No need to yell Harry, I'm right here."  Came her soothing and most welcome voice.

Harry turned around and then back to the door, pointing wordlessly at the symbol and letter. Kiara closed her eyes and sighed, taking a deep steadying breath and then letting it go slowly.  "I know, he left me one too."  She told him in a quiet voice.

"You mean you think it really was him?  But how?"  Harry questioned but Kiara had no answer for him she just shook her head and then after putting an arm around his shoulder suggested they go inside.

fudge0604

OHOHOHOHOH it is SOOOO good!!! Can't wait untill the rest comes!!!

Post Potter depression.

Ginny Weasly

I love you Kiara. In a totally nonsexual way. But this made my day. Lolz.

I waaaaant moooore.
My motivation
An oath I've sworn to defend

My dedication
To all that I've sworn to protect
I carry out my orders
With not a regret

dobby888

OMG thats AMAZING!!!!!!!You have to do more!!!! you're such a good writer!!!! keep going!!

Quote from: Ginny Weasly on August 16, 2007, 11:31:38 PM
I love you Kiara. In a totally nonsexual way. But this made my day. Lolz.

I waaaaant moooore.

((LOL....that's the long post I was looking for ;) continue please ;D ))

HermioneFan

wow! ur a very good writer Kiara.

Ginny - ;D Good explaination!

I want more too!