News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

-Forced to Shop-

Started by potter_fan122, January 4, 2009, 07:33:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

Stacey stood at the edge of Hogsmead, waiting for Leah. The other night when Stacey told Leah about the engagement, Leah imediatly wanted to know if she had the dresses picked out. Of course she didn`t yet, she figured she had a whole year to take care of that, but she knew Leah wouldn`t stop, so she suggested a shopping trip.

Even though the trip had basically been forced upon her, she was glad to go. She needed a day with a friend, a break in the normal routine. She shivered in her denim jacket as the wind blew hair hair around her face.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

dobby888

A scream was heard from over the crest of the hill.  Not a scared or even angry scream, but rather a scream of pure joy and happiness.  Soon Leah could be seen skipping over the hill, a bag slung over her shoulder.  She appeared by Stacey's side, beaming like the sun.

"Are you ready?"  She asked, almost bursting with excitement.  It was a cloudy day, so naturally, Leah was in a tanktop and a short white skirt.  Her long hair cascaded over her shoulders, and she had on a silver necklace.

potter_fan122

Stacey looked over what Leah was wearing. "We aren`t staying in this country." She said. "We`re going to France." She cringed, imagining Leah`s reaction. "But I`m ready." Her eyes glittered bright blue and her red top and light jeans were getting pulled at by the wind, the silver chain around her neck from Aiden was carefully tucked under her shirt, safe from the wind.

dobby888

"Oh good! I've been needing a good trip, and shopping in Hogsmead really isn't that fun anymore. Do you speak french?" She asked, the words rolling quickly off of her tongue.

((Join Truth or Dare in Gryffindor))

potter_fan122

"Yeah," Stacey said, answering Leah`s question. "My mom is French, so she made sure I could speak it."

dobby888

"Oh goodie! Then let's get going shall we?  What form of transportation are we going to use?" She said.

((Love the title by the way...))

potter_fan122

(( =D ))

Stacey laughed and put a hand on Leah`s arm. Seconds later they were in a dark alley, strange smells creeping to them. "Oh, look at that, we`re here!" She said sarcastically. "Now this is a Muggle area, so don`t do anything funny like pick me up and carry me around because I let you pick the flowers."

dobby888

Leah giggled, "OK, I'll try to restrain myself, but I'm not making any promises!"   She sniffed at the smell and said, "Do I smell baguettes!?"  She ran from the dark alley and looked both ways before sprinting to one side.

potter_fan122

Stacey rolled her eyes with a smile and chased after Leah, catching her by the arm. "Come on, dresses, remember? This way." She pulled her across the street and into a shop with large glass windows. It smelled like silk; it looked like silk. Silk was everywhere. Stacey stood there, looking around.

dobby888

Leah looked sadly at the baguette stand as Stacey dragged her along.  She walked into the store and got it with a wave of the smell of silk.  She looked to one side.  Silk.  To her other side, more silk.  She laughed, "Stacey, look at all this silk! They should just name the store silk!"  She looked around and then noticed that the store was actually called Silk, and it sent her into a fit of laughter.

potter_fan122

Stacey rolled her eyes as Leah started giggling. "Come on." She said softly, pulling her towards some red dresses. "Now, the colors are red, black, and ivory. I think red would be the best for the bridesmaids to wear, don`t you? Black would seem to... sad." She began thumming through the dresses.

dobby888

"Definitely." Leah said, rifling through the dresses.  She pulled out a few cute ones and put them over her arm.  "Who's picking out the suits?" She asked, making conversation and she looked through the dresses.

potter_fan122

Stacey`s smile twisted. "Aiden said since he couldn`t see the dresses, I couldn`t see the suits, so talk to him.

"Est-ce que bonjour, je peux vous aider?" A woman asked. The was wearing a fitted buisiness suit and had a nametag on. She had a big, warm smile.

Stacey turned and smiled. "Oui, mon ami et moi recherchent des robes et plus tard nous de demoiselle d'honneur besoin de ll de `une robe de la mariée." She looked at Jackie.

"This lady is going to help us." She explained.

dobby888

"Okay I will!" Leah said.  She stood there in awe as the two women talked together in french.  She made a mental note to learn french. 

"This lady is going to help us."

"Good!"  Leah said.  She looked at the woman and asked in her broken spanish/italian mix, "Mas rojo?"

potter_fan122

The woman squinted her eyes as Leah spoke. "Mas rojo?" She asked.

Stacey cut in. "Ah, elle peut le `t parler français." She said apologeticaly, then turned to Leah. "Come on, you`re going to try these on." She took the dresses from Leah and walked towards the dressing rooms.