News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Dreams are Powerful things

Started by potter_fan122, May 4, 2009, 05:31:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

"Stacey Black!" Carrie yelled after me. "You come back here right now!"

"No!" I yelled back. I had a backpack slung over my shoulder and another I was holding. "I am not Stacey Black anymore, and you can`t tell me what to do. I am Stacey Gray and you have no control over me. I am married, mom." My eyes were bright red and my hands burned with the fire that wanted to explode out of them.

I made my way to the garage, slamming the door as I did so. I got into my own red Volvo and sped out of the driveway and down the street. I turned the radio on and cranked it up as loud as it would go, hoping that I could drown out my own thoughts. A song was on that I had never heard before.

I know you,
So better than the city in the rear view.
I drive to,
Eliminate the ball that I`m changed to.

How well this song seemed to fit her right now. Her mother had brought her down until she was at her personal bottom. She was driving away right now because she wanted to get away from that. She didn`t like to say it, but she hated her mom.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

potter_fan122

Take me break me
every mile further there's a part of me that slips away
One day you`ll see
Even if you got down on your knees you couldn`t make me stay

Drive all night
Never gonna get me
Night by night
To get away from it all
Fight fight fight
All you wanna do is hurt me
You wrecked my life
So I`m gonna have to drive all night

Stacey slowed down, realizing that she was going almost thirty over the speed limit. Oh well, she hadn`t been caught yet. This song was a perfect example, now that she thought about it.  It seemed to fit just so exact to the way she felt, to what she had been holding back for so long.

Her stomach was completely empty, not of food, no, she was full when it came to food. She missed Aiden. As soon as she and Aiden had come back, her mother had taken her away.

Pulse stays strong
I`m pushing on the pedal til I break dawn
So I`m gone, go find another shoulder you can cry on

Take me break me
every mile further there`s a part of me that slips away
One day you`ll see
Even if you got down on your knees you couldn`t make me stay

Drive all night
Never gonna get me
Night by night
To get away from it all
Fight fight fight
All you wanna do is hurt me
You wrecked my life
So I'm gonna have to drive all night
You wrecked my life
So I'm gonna have to drive all night

potter_fan122

I shook my head. I didn`t know where I was going, I had been in too much of a hurry to think too much. With a sigh, I slowed down and began to take note of my surroundings. I was driving in a smaller town. I passed and antique mall, a gas station, then houses. There weren`t very many streets leading off from this one, and they were all small.

My car was probably by far the best one in this town. Most of them were rusted trucks. With another sigh and a roll of my eyes i pushed the gas pedal down gently. I sped on until I finally came upon a hotel.

"Finally." I murmured. I pulled into the lot and picked up my purse. Walking inside, I was hit with the air conditioning. I shivered and walked up to the desk.

"Hello, welcome to Maylin Hotel." The clerk greeted with a sickening smile. Obviously this lady had been here a while. She had blonde hair (that was obviously not her natural color) and long red nails. She looked expectantly at me.

"Uh, yes. One suite. Just tonight. Stacey Gray." I took out my liscence and a credit card and handed them both to her.

She took them and ran the credit card through a machine and checked my ID. She nodded when she realized that I was who I said I was.

I just barely stopped myself from rolling my eyes.

"Here you are, room 217." She handed me my card, ID, and a room key. I mumbled my thanks and went back outside. Grabbing my two bags, I sulked towards my room.

When I got there, I floped on the large bed, dropping my things on the floor. I sighed heavily. I was aware that my eyes were a depressed grey and my stomach was rumbling. Not with hunger, but with anxiety. I knew that Aiden would be feeling the exact same way as i way rigth now, and his eyes were probably black.

"This is the last time I`ll be forced away from you, my moon. I promise you." I whispered to the ceiling.

dobby888

Wow! I really like this story! It's so good! Please continue when you have the chance!

potter_fan122

I have no idea what I`m doing with it now!

Alexis

I really like it!
I hope you write more.
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

dobby888

Maybe it could be about your struggle to get back to Aiden...

potter_fan122

What struggle? She could blow anything up if it got in her way. Her biggest problem would be speed, and she could even transport. Grr. It has to sound like something she would do....

dobby888

Well maybe you could think of something that she couldn't do... like maybe she gets stuck in the muggle world?

I don't know I'm not having a lot of good ideas.....

potter_fan122

The sky was dark, and everything was black. I walked through the trees, towards the edge and the school. I was anxious, and I knew that something was waiting for me near the lake. Getting impatient with my own slow pace, I changed to my snow leopard form and dashed towards the lake. My eyes were locked as blue here, but I know that they wanted to be green.

I ran and ran until I hit the edge of the trees. Breathing heavily, I walked towards the black water, looking around me. There wasn`t anyone there, like I felt there should be. I suddenly felt extreme disappointment.

I woke up with a start, breathing heavily. It took me a minute to remember that I was in a hotel. I looked around and turned the light on. I sighed and put my hea don my hand. The dreams. Where were they coming from, and who could I tell? I wasn not going to to Dr. Green again, and I wanted someone to understand the whole deal with magic. I couldn`t very well tell Dr. Green about Hogwarts; Muggles can`t even see the school.

I sighed again and slipped out of the large bed. I knew I wasn`t going to go back to sleep, so I started to gather my things. I had to get back, and soon.

dobby888

I love it! It's so good!  I wonder where she's going?  I bet she's going to go and tell Aiden everything...

potter_fan122

Alexis

Mmhm this is great!
I can't wait until the next part.

potter_fan122

I had planned to get moving again the next day, but I couldn`t. I couldn`t help it. I was exhausted. Finally I fell asleep on the hotel bed, on top of the covers, not under them. All of my things were packed and ready to go. but I needed sleep.

It had always amazed me how Aiden could operate on such little sleep. I had learned to live without a couple hours, for his sake, but I still needed about twice as much sleep as him.

As I slept, I dreamed, as I knew I would....

I was standing alone in a large feild. The moon was shining brightly despite being just a crecent. I looked around myself wearily. The grass was tall, and probably golden during the daylight hours. A forest started in the near distance; it didn`t look near as threatening, though, as the Forbidden Forest that I had gotten to know so well.

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. I never remembered it later, but I couldn`t tell what my eyecolor was in my dreams. This made me slightly uncomfortable as I looked around again, but there wasn`t anything I could do. I shifted my weight back and forth a few times, scanning all around me. The grass was too tall to see anything that might be hiding there, but there wasn`t anything I could do about that, either.

"Stacey." A voice sighed, making me jump. I jerked around clumsily. Aparantly this was one of those dreams that I had absolutely no control over myself or anything else.

"Nate?" Dream-Stacey asked, my eyes widening.

Nate smiled and walked towards me, holding his arms out. Now, I knew that I would have never done this, but I had no control. I walked up to Nate and wrapped my arms around his waiste, resting my head on his chest.

"Oh, Nate. Where`ve you been? I missed you." Dream-me sighed lightly. I shuddered

"I was waiting for you, sweetheart." Nate explained, running his fingers through my hair.

I grinned. "Well, I`m here now." I reminded him.

That wasn`t right, and my conscious self knew that. I tried to pull myself from the dream, and I tossed and turned. But I couldn`t do anything; i had no control.

Alexis

Still great.
Can't wait for more.