News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Colors..?

Started by Sky, May 21, 2009, 02:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sky

Is this a...a...dream?
      It must be.
This can't possibly be real..
      Can it?

I had never felt so content. So warm. So comfortable. Atleast from what I recall. I have never felt such a feeling. My eyes were drinking in the details before me, absorbing them. I was in a world of vibrant color and lights. Where was I? 
  I felt light. Like a feather. I took a step forward in my white dress, walking on what seemed like only air. I was afraid that I would fall and so I stumbled and fell. But I fell on something hard. I looked down, searching for what saved me from falling to my death, but all I could see were colors. Spots of pink and baby blue. And as I looked up, I could see a dazzling ball of green flame. My instincts told me to reach out to it. So I did. I touched it and felt, so my surprise, not a burning feeling, but a tickling sensation. I pulled my fingers away, closing them into a loose fist. I stared at the flame for a moment before quickly sending my hand through it with one swift motion. The same tickling sensation went through my finger tips. I was so confused. Where exactly was I? What kind of dream is this?

((Yupp. Just a thought in my head I was having for a story, so I'm putting it here to save it. I hope to continue sometime. Like my title? It's clever XD. Oh how I love study halls..))

dobby888

I like it! It's kind of wierd... but I like it!  If you do think of more... please post it ASAP!

Alexis

I actually really like it.  It is very interesting and I can't wait to read more of it.
=]
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

__Ms.Evans__

I agree. It's interesting.^^
Life is like a bird that cannot fly.
For if you give up on your dreams, your life will die.
Can we help giving up our dreams?
We're not sure because no thing's what it seems.
That's the point of it all though.
We must concour challenges to do so. ~__Ms.Evans__

Miss Xantier

^
^
^
^

If Ms. Evans agrees then this must be good, you should read her one fanfic, called Million Wishes.

Sky

Lol. I was really only practicing some description. I'm really bad at describing things. That kinda just popped into my head during school one day so I thought I'd write it down for practice. I'll try to work off of it though if you'd like.  8)

dobby888

Well that's good that you just write down something when you think of it, in fact, I had an idea from this... I think I'll go write that right now!!

That would be real tight if you could keep writing!

Sky

I stared at the flame for a moment. Then suddenly, it was gone. Without a single sound, it had simply disappeared and the warm and bright world that I was in was now dark and cold. I wish I knew why I was here in a white dress. And now...I was falling. Which is odd because from what I could feel, I was sitting on a hard surface.
      Falling..
         Falling..
I was screaming. Pain was coursing throughout my body. There was blood, I could feel it splurting out of my torso. I couldn't see the wound though. It was pitch black wherever I was. I screamed again, out of fear and pain. Nobody would find me. I was alone and I would bleed to death.

"Er... Miss Carter? Miss Carter, please wake up."

My eyes opened to a dimly lit hospital wing. It had to be late since the nurse was dressed in a night gown. "What...what happened?" I gasped, sitting up and wiping my brow with the back of my hand. The nurse put her hand on my shoulder. "Judging by your screams, you were having a nightmare. Mrs. Martin must have given you too little of a dose of potion. The doses change from person to person." I rubbed my eyes to make sure this was true. Sure enough, there was a skinny gray haired nurse smiling warmly at me.
  "What did you dream of?" She asked.
"I...was falling." I replied, remembering the frightening experience.
"Oh...Miss Carter, do you remember your accident?"
I looked at her. I honestly didn't even know why I was here. "No Ma'am. What accident"?
The nurse took a deep breath and pulled down my blanket to reveal a leg covered in a thick cast.
"I knew Quidditch only brought injuries." She said. "You fell and completely shattered your leg. Most of it is mended, but we decided the muggle way is best in order to repair your leg properly. Too many bones to replace by magic."

I closed my eyes, trying to remember the accident. It was Gryffindor vs. Ravenclaw, and I was playing chaser on Gryffindor. We were winning only by ten. I got the quaffle and zoomed past purple robes in a flash, my eyes set on the goal posts. Then...my broom was hit by a bludger and broke in half. That was when I fell and broke my leg. I shivered at the memory of the pain.

"I think maybe we should send you back to your dormitory. You look like you've had enough of this place." I didn't realize that Rosie had placed the goblet onto my the dresser until the moved it closer to me. I took it and gulped it down. "Alright.... How long have I been out?" The nurse grinned. "Oh...only a day dear. Only a day."
-----------

Lol. This is all stuff just in my head because I'm at the library. I'll work out a plot later. Hopefully =) Still grounded though T_T

dobby888

I can't wait for more!  I really like how quickly you incorporated it into the Hogwarts atmosphere! Bump!

Miss Xantier

I love it!!!!! YAY! HARRY POTTER!

__Ms.Evans__

Quote from: Miss Xantier on June 12, 2009, 07:23:04 AM
I love it!!!!! YAY! HARRY POTTER!

thanks for talkin bout my story. ;) cant wait for more of yours!!
Life is like a bird that cannot fly.
For if you give up on your dreams, your life will die.
Can we help giving up our dreams?
We're not sure because no thing's what it seems.
That's the point of it all though.
We must concour challenges to do so. ~__Ms.Evans__

Sky

An hour and a half later I was finally in my dorm, exhausted from getting up the stairs. My friend must have heard me gasping for air because as soon as I sat down, she was hugging me so it made it even harder to breathe.
  "Allie!" She whispered happily.

"Hi...Em--ma." I gasped, patting her on the back. She released me and looked at my leg, visable from the glow of a candle on my nightstand.

"Oh Allie, your leg! Why didn't they just mend it?" She sounded worried. I sighed, finally catching my breath.

"My leg was shattered and it was too complicated to fully mend it magically. I guess she was worried that my bones wouldn't mend right and I'd have a deformed leg." I patted the cast. "But it's alright. I feel just fine. It's a little sore, but I might be able to make it to the next game." I looked at Emma with a grin, her face dark under my four poster.

"Well, I'm glad you're okay! Its too bad this all happened right before break too! Are you going to be able to get onto the train with that big thing on your leg?" 

"Go to bed Em." I said as I layed back on my bed and pulled my leg up. She laughed and I heard her walk over the creaking floorboards to her bed. Five minutes later, I was out.
--------------------------------------------------------------
"So you're going to your Mum's this year?" I asked Emma as we found an empty compartment on the train.

"Yeah. I get my Dads' for Easter and Thanksgiving, and Mum's for Christmas and New Year's. How fun.."

I gave her a sympathetic look. Surely going back and forth between parents isn't fun. Especially since her Father is a muggle. I didn't even notice the train moving and felt a bit of surprise when I saw the scenary of the outdoors zooming outside in the bright morning sunrise. It had just started to snow too.

"You live in a muggle village, don't you?" Emma asked me while munching on a pumpkin pasty. I nodded and stretched my arms.

"Yupp. I hate it when I can't do magic outside. My parents always think the neighbors are going to see a floating snowball above their heads or something." Emma chuckled.

"You should put a snowman on their car and charm it to make it pelt them with snowballs."

I laughed. "That would be great. But my Mum would kill me."

We spent the remainder of the train ride talking about pranks to pull on muggles, laughing about how they would react. We couldn't believe that we were already at Platform 9 and 3/4. We hugged as her Mom arrived, bundled up in a red jacket. Emma and her mother looked so similar. She had the same wavy brown hair and hazel eyes and body structure. "I'll see you in two weeks!" Emma called as they walked through the barrier. 

I took a seat on a bench with my things, waiting for my parents, but they never came.

Alexis

I really like this story.
I love the way you write with all the different words you use.
It makes the story easy to read without it dragging on.
Can't wait to read the rest of it.
If The World Was Coming To An End...
   I'd Rather Stay Blindfolded Than Open My Eyes...

Miss Xantier

*is speechless and claps*

dobby888

I agree with Alexis.  You use such a wide range in your vocabulary that makes it easy to read. Keep going, it's really great!

Bumpy!