News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

-expanding my horizons-

Started by potter_fan122, January 3, 2010, 09:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

potter_fan122

((Virgil. Closed. PB for Jason is Zac Efron, just so you know. I need to redo my sig.))

The ground was covered with a light dusting a new snow. It was so fresh that there were only a few footprints here and there. All of the smart people were already inside, huddled in layers of blankets. The air was the frigid temperature of four degrees, and that was without wind chill. Jason stood leaning against a building with a blue flame twirling in his hands. His cheeks were pink with the sharp wind that blew through the little town of Hogsmead. He was facing so the wind hit his back, so his hair fell into his eyes, but at least it wasn`t hitting his face. He pushed off of the building, trying to get warm. He could hardly feel his legs, and his toes were freezing. Wrapped in his Muggle coat, he was a bit warmer than he would be with wizard clothing, but it was really to cold outside to be around.

He started walking briskly with the wind, hoping to pass a bar or something that would be at least semi warm. He flexed his fingers, the flame engulfing his hands. Every time he exhaled a cloud appeared before him before disappearing into the air. He huffed and puffed as he walked, his body protesting the cold. He looked at the ground, his eyes tearing slightly. He didn`t really care, though. He wasn`t going to uncover his hands just to wipe away tears. He would have to, though, if they escaped his eyes, or they`d freeze on his face.

With a slight rush, he was the Hog`s Head and rushed towards it, pushing the door open quickly.

((Sorry for the shortness. Normally my starting posts are longer.))
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

Virgil Hendrix

Virgil walked down a path alone, as it seemed the wind was blowing harsher than he ever remembered.  Each step he took, he felt himself sinking farther down into the snowy banks of the path, not seeing an end in sight, only white, as if watching a fuzzy television screen.  The snow brushed off of his black jeans almost seamlessly thanks to the help of the enchantment he placed before he left.

Soon enough, there seemed to be something in the distance, a building of some sort.  Any building would be better than this winter nightmare of slush and ice.  His pace quickened slightly in hopes of the building having some sort of central heating unit.  Not soon enough he reached the building with a sign reading "Hog's Head."  He pushed the door open and quickly sat down at the bar before saying "Can I get a butterbeer over here please." to the nearest bartender.

Join Amber Ridge.  A College Roleplay.
5 - 20 - 50 - 100 - 125 - 200 - 300 -

potter_fan122

((Aack.))

Jason brushed the snow off of himself, the flame disappearing. He looked around the dark room, seeing if he recognized anybody. Like Sky. He got to see her less and less now, and it was killing him. He walked up to the bar and slowly sat down on one of the stools.

"Butterbeer, please." He said, just as another person spoke. He turned his head to see who ordered the same warm drink and saw someone he didn`t know. He just glanced at the boy, then tugged at his left sleeve. It was just an old habit he had, one that would be really hard to break. Especially with the way things had been going recently.

The bartender plopped a mug in front of him, a little bit of the thick foam spilling over and onto the smooth wood. Jason cleaned it up with a swipe of his finger and found himself looking at the boy.

Virgil Hendrix

Virgil held the mug in his right hand as he quickly took a drink of it and looked around.  This place is really empty.  Guess people were smart enough to not get caught in the cold. he thought to himself as he noticed this one male sitting a few seats down.  "Hey man, its pretty cold out there, eh?" he said trying to make smalltalk.  It seems Virgil had never met this person before, but no better time to find out who he is than now.

potter_fan122

Jason took a sip of his drink, looking back at the guy when he spoke.

"Yeah. With wind chill it`s supposed to be eighteen below. Glad I have some tricks." He waved his hand and a little flame wound between his figners before disappearing. "I think everyone else was smart enough to stay in." He motioned to the rest of the bar, which was pretty empty. There were a few people here and there; they had probably gotten stuck in town like himself.

Virgil Hendrix

Virgil looked around the empty room seeing but a few people and surprisingly a goat.  "So do you go to the school back there?" he said gesturing in the general direction of Hogwarts.  He glanced outside as the snow seemed to be easing up but still falling heavily.

potter_fan122

Jason shook his head, taking a long drink from his mug.
"Graduated last year. Thinkin` about getting a job up there, though. I was pretty good in Transfig." He said, also looking around the room.

((Shortness. I don`t care.))

Virgil Hendrix

"Oh yeah?  What can you do? he asked inquisitively.  "You must know some good tricks if your hoping to be a teacher there." Virgil said afterward.  He took another sip of his butterbeer and watched to see what kind of tricks this guy had.

potter_fan122

"Well, not a teacher, really. More like an intern. Like Sky Mason, if you know her. She`s kind of an intern for the Potion`s Master." He explained quickly, finishing his drink with a large swig.

Virgil Hendrix

Virgil took a gulp of his drink before he nearly choked oh it after the name Sky Mason rung through his head.  "D-did you say Sky Mason?" he asked as Virgil whipped his head around towards him.

potter_fan122

Jason looked up warily.

"Yeah. Sky Mason, she helps out the potions proffessor and sometimes even runs his class. Why? Do you know her?" Her asked, his voice low so that only Virgil could hear him.

Virgil Hendrix

Virgil looked down at his now empty glass.

"Yeah, we use to.. be good friends." he said nervously.  Best not tell your life story to a complete stranger.  "Well how do you know her?" he inquired.

potter_fan122

Jason chewed the inside of his cheek for a moment, thinking about how he would respond. It was obvious that he was lying when Virgil had said they were good friends, but which way did the real story go? Had they barely known each other, or had they been more than friends. Well, an honest answer deserved another.

"We`re good friends. I go up to the castle every now and then to see her." He said naturally. He was a spy, no lying just came easy for him. He had fooled lots of people.

Virgil Hendrix

Virgil looked out the window again, and it seemed like the snow had slowed down.  "Oh good, the snow is letting up, I'm gonna hit he road before it starts storming again." he said as he paid for his drink and headed for the door. 

"Oh, I didn't catch your name, what is it?" he asked standing next to the door.

potter_fan122

Jason stood uo, too, and dug around in his pocket until he found two coins.

"Jason. Jason Mitch." He said as he paid.

((SHORTS.))