News:

Harry Potter Fan - 100% has been online for 20 years
Please help support this site by visiting our partners www.forbiddenplanet.com for lots of cool Harry Potter Merch!
CLICK HERE!
A small percentage of each sale goes towards the upkeep of the site.

Main Menu

Sing to me

Started by maddalynn_may, February 6, 2010, 09:08:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maddalynn_may

Being 'new' to a school wasn't always an easy thing.  Well the thing is that Legacy wasn't new to Hogwarts, she had gone here since her 1st year.  But now going into her 5th year things where different, she started to come out, and really talk to people.  Yes, she had always been shy but it really hit her a few years ago.  She just locked up when she was around people, and as she thought to her self; she said that this year would be different.

Legacy was walking around the school grounds, being early February there was still snow every once in a while.  She rapped her scarf around her next to keep the cold air out of her coat.  She hated the cold wind but she loved the snow.  For some odd reason it made her happy with its white puffs.  If she looked at it closely she swears she could see the different shapes it was made up of.  Legacy began to walk again pushing against the wind as it pushed her back like someone didn't want her to move on.

potter_fan122

"Hey, you`re Legacy, right?"

A soft, nice voice floated over to the girl from where Stacey stood. A clipboard was folded under one of her arms and the chilly wind blew her hair into her face, covering her blue eyes.

"I`ve see you around the classrooms. What are you doing out here? It`s miserable out here and everyone else is inside." It was still rather early in the day, but the students were tired of snow. Stacey herself kicked a pile of it out of her way and started towards the girl, watching the ground and walking around the deeper piles of evil that covered the ground.
"Get out of my way! I'm a free spirit!"
FOREVER WILL NEVER BE LONG ENOUGH.
"And now I understand a phrase I once thought odd;
I guess to love another person is to see the face of God."

maddalynn_may

Legacy looked up at the lady approaching her.  She smiled sweetly as she pushed some of her hair out of her eyes with her cold finger tips.

"Yes ma'am.  Legacy May.", She answerd softly but with a kind tone.  She waited a few seconds untill the girl finshed her last words.  "I love the snow it calms me down, when the day has been full of thoughts."  she said in a little bit louder voice so she could hear her.  "I was just about to head in."  She added.

Legacy rapped her scarf back around her neck as the winds blew it off.

purpleraincloud

Avalee walked towards a younger girl. The wind blowing through her long hair. Messy. It was cold and she was grateful to have a jacket with her. She had seen the girl around before, but she always had looked sad, and unapproachable, now she seemed happier. Avalee hoped some of that might rub off on her.

Then, sigh Stacey approached her first. Thats OK! She told herself. They had to get over it sometime... And now with Stacey and Aiden having a family together, she hoped all was forgiven. She took a deep breath, and repeated a quote in her head. Fear is what stops us, courage is what keeps us going.

She smiled and approached them both. "Good morning Stacey." She said to her the person she asked forgiveness of.
"And I don't believe we've met!" She said turning towards the new girl. "I'm Avalee" She said, trying to act polite, and kind at the same time, masking her real mood. She stuck her hand out.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

potter_fan122

Stacey had to hold back a sigh as she felt Avalee move closer. The little girl seemed to depressed. Yeah, there had been a thing between her and Aiden, and it was over, and yeah, Stacey had been mad and a little out of line. But she was over it now. Why was Ave still worrying about it?

"Hey, Avalee." She greeted in the same tone she used with the other girl. "How you like snow is beyond me. It`s cold and wet, then it melts and it`s still cold and when, then it sits there, and it`s still wet." She said to Legacy, shaking her head. Stacey hated being cold almost more than anything else. "And, really, it`s a good thing you were headed in. The west side shield needs renewed, and you aren`t supposed to be on the ground when one`s down." She tapped on her clipboard with a Muggle pen she held.

maddalynn_may

Legacy looked at the girl called Avalee, she smiled to her kindly, "I don't think we have met either, nice to meet you." she said to her with a warm smile.  She listened to Stacey talk, and nodded at her.  She forgot about the new rules.  She hasn't been the same for a while, but now things where getting back to normal again.

"I use to live where it snowed all the time, so I'm sort of use to it I guess." She said to Stacey.  "And sorry I know I forgot about the shield, ill be going back inside now if any of you want to join me?"

Legacy pulled her longish brown hair out of her coat because it was bothering her, her snow boots where starting to get wet from the snow, but they where fine for now.

potter_fan122

Stacey shook her head.

"Nah. I have to replace the old shield. You aren`t in trouble or anything, it`s just a safety precaution. I think that`s why they have me do it." She rolled her eyes, which were now brown, and tucked the clipboard under her arm again. "You guys really don`t have to go in if you don`t want to. Just as long as you don`t go too far west you`ll be just fine."

((I want to comment on your posting, Legacy. It`s really good for someone who`s new. Have you RPed before?))

maddalynn_may

(yes, so long ago I don't barely remember it. haha, and I just love to write. thank you!)

Legacy's eyes where glowing with delight, "Thank you so much!" She said to Stacey for them not being in trouble.  She hadn't been outside for a while with all the bad weather.  It was nice to get out, but the sun was starting to go down so that meant cold weather.  She didn't like the night time. 

Bad things always happened when the sky grew dark.  It didn't matter what it was, but something evil always had its way to find people to prey on.  Sometimes it really hit them deep.  Legacy shook her head, because she had gone into deep thought; zoned out.

purpleraincloud

((Stacey is right. It took me a few months to learn to post more than a sentence! I was lazy.... Hahaha!))

Legacy. She liked the name, it was creative, like Avalee. She followed them as they walked. So, she decided to bring up a harmless topic that might be interesting.

"So what kind of subjects are you good at. Stacey here is BRILLIANT with elements. You were thinking of starting a class, weren't you?" She said. Seeing that Stacey was not going to bite her head off or anything, she relaxed a bit. She knew Stacey could read her mind, so there was no hiding or pretending with her. That was a nice perk of hanging out with a mind reader.
For just another day, for another stolen hour
When the world will feel my power and obey
It's just another day
Feeling like I'll live forever
Feeling like this feeling never goes away

potter_fan122

((You`re welcome. And don`t worry about always having a long post. Like me. I can have a 900 word post (it`s longer than you think) or a one sentence post. It just depends on how you feel and the feel of the thread. I can also make you some graphics if you want.))

Stacey nodded and tilted her head to the side. They were walking against the wind, so it blew her hair out of her eyes for once, which shifted to a dark grey at the chill, then back to brown.

"Yeah. I can do wonders with the elements, but I have good reason. My powers are a little different than most witches`, and I`ve had more practice. Name anything and I can probaby do it-- elemental or not." She glanced at Avalee, her eyes glowing orange for a moment in wonder. She hoped Legacy wouldn`t comment on her power hint. She was used to people asking her about her eyes, but the power thing got annoying and hard to explain.

maddalynn_may

(Most the time when I get tired I start to post less. haha.)

Legacy listened and took in all the where saying.  She took a deep breath and smelled the fresh air.  She smiled as it reminded her of her home town.  She looked at Stacey and Avalee when they started to talk about elements.  She had always been wanting to learn how to control her ability to randomly start a fire.

She looked at Avalee, "I can do the normal witch stuff, haha.  But just recently I have began to notice when ever I get really upset, mad, or just out of no where I can start little flames of fire.  I don't know why, maybe I'm crazy."  She said to her with a little laugh.

potter_fan122

Stacey didn`t do anything, just kept walking. The trees to their right burst into fire, crackling madly, as if they were offended. Shots of blue dances through the orange. She didn`t even miss a beat; in fact, she kept walking. The smell of burning leaves was suddenly strong in the air.

Then just as suddenly as it had happened, the fire disappeared. The trees glistened in the falling light. It got dark really early, still. They were perfectl fine, it was like nothing had happened.

Stacey paused a moment and looked back at Legacy.

"Trust me, if any of us is crazy, it`s me." Her eyes were glowing orange again, the exact color of the flames.

maddalynn_may

She jumped at first, gazing at the trees getting drawn into them.  After one blink though, the fire was gone.  She didn't know if she had drawn up that picture in her head, or if it had really happend.

She looked at Stacey and smiled, "That was amazing." She said to her.

potter_fan122

Stacey smiled.

"If you keep working, you might be able to that someday. But trust me, be careful when you do that. I`ve had tons of practice. I could light you on fire right now, make it go away, and you would be perfectly fine. Just like those trees. I`m practically fire-proof." She shrugged. "Elements are dangerous, though. Seriously, they`re fun, but dangerous. I can help teach you, if you want."

maddalynn_may

Legacy looked at Stacey with wide eyes.  They lit up when she said that.  "Would you really? That would be amazing!" She said to her with a big smile on her face.

She thought about someone as good as Stacey teaching her how to use her element.